Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ev

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:01 pm

That was never a free kick.
Felt contact, entitled to go down etc etc. Wankers.

Looked a bit lost when it all kicked off. Ridiculous not to play Koscielny and cut short his rest. He's a CH ffs!

Anyway ££££££ for Bwfc. :oyea:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Quite ridiculous for Arsenal fans to be paying so much for tickets and to have to rely on young lads who've never played a minute of top flight football.

Arsenal fans have every right to be annoyed that Wenger or the club (whichever way round) refuse to go and buy proper established stars to give them a chance.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Quite ridiculous for Arsenal fans to be paying so much for tickets and to have to rely on young lads who've never played a minute of top flight football.

Arsenal fans have every right to be annoyed that Wenger or the club (whichever way round) refuse to go and buy proper established stars to give them a chance.
Absolutely

I've said it before, I think the money is there for Wenger, but he's played the Woe is me card for so long, that if he went and spent big n top players and STILL didn't deliver, it'd be on him.

I don't think he wants to put himself in the position where it becomes HIS fault as opposed to other clubs'
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

And if he does it and wins, it's an admission that the critics were right all along.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:51 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Quite ridiculous for Arsenal fans to be paying so much for tickets and to have to rely on young lads who've never played a minute of top flight football.

Absolutely

I've said it before, I think the money is there for Wenger, but he's played the Woe is me card for so long, that if he went and spent big n top players and STILL didn't deliver, it'd be on him.

I don't think he wants to put himself in the position where it becomes HIS fault as opposed to other clubs'
I think that is one big school of though amongst Arsenal fans.

The other is that the board don't want to spend and use Arsene as the willing front man able to deliver champions league football without spending much. I agree that it is probably the former but if so you'd have to question why the board have stuck with him?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Absolutely

I think that is one big school of though amongst Arsenal fans.

The other is that the board don't want to spend and use Arsene as the willing front man able to deliver champions league football without spending much. I agree that it is probably the former but if so you'd have to question why the board have stuck with him?
Because he's delivering Champions league football without dipping into available funds. Like you said

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:10 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Absolutely

the loss to liverpool (wenger says) was at least in part down to the Euros and his players being called up and having to juggle holidays/fitness/training... unlike the liverpool players... errrr.... or any of the other top drawer prem teams... errrr..... :conf:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Maybe he should sop buying international footballers then

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:Maybe he should sop buying international footballers then
indeed - it's an obvious gambit that BWFC have used successfully for a while - none of our players are tired from international duty! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:10 pm

What absolute bollocks. So spuking cash guarantees success does it? Give your head a shake, man.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:55 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

What absolute bollocks. So spuking cash guarantees success does it? Give your head a shake, man.
There is a very strong statistical correlation between spending and success in football. Most expensive tickets in Europe and not competing for the title year after year. No wonder their fans are pissed off.

Go shake your head.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:03 am

Look on the bright side, when the fans are in their 80's, it'll save them the trouble of paying to take their great grandkids round the trophy room. They'll be able to bus it past the Emirates on their concessionary tickets and declare "I paid for that".

#longterm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:12 am

Worthy4England wrote:Look on the bright side, when the fans are in their 80's, it'll save them the trouble of paying to take their great grandkids round the trophy room. They'll be able to bus it past the Emirates on their concessionary tickets and declare "I paid for that".

#longterm
:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

There is a very strong statistical correlation between spending and success in football. Most expensive tickets in Europe and not competing for the title year after year. No wonder their fans are pissed off.

Go shake your head.
Sir Alex Ferguson asked me to point out that you need to give your head a shake :)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson who broke the world record fees for a defender and a teenager? Would have broken the world record if Shearer hadn't chosen Newcastle instead. Made Roy Keane the first £50k per week player. Paid £28m fur Juan Sebastian Veron. That Sir Alex Ferguson?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Yeah but what were Fergie's net spend?
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson who broke the world record fees for a defender and a teenager? Would have broken the world record if Shearer hadn't chosen Newcastle instead. Made Roy Keane the first £50k per week player. Paid £28m fur Juan Sebastian Veron. That Sir Alex Ferguson?
Side of 92. Yes, THAT Sir Alex Ferguson, Happy Boy. "Would have? :lol: " :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Go shake your head.
Sir Alex Ferguson asked me to point out that you need to give your head a shake :)
Arsene Wengers excuse for Arsenal not competing is 'we can't compete with the money other sides are spending'.

Only trouble is Arsenal claim he has hundreds of million to spend but isn't.

That's his own reason.

There are exceptions to every rule. One should note that after the 'class of 92' Man Utd spent huge fees consistently. Once in a blue moon you might strike it lucky with homegrown talent but most of the time now to compete you need to buy the best players. Which most of the time involved splashing the cash.

Also it needs pointing out that the footballing landscape has changed significantly since the mid 90s. Spending is insane now. Hard to compete without playing the game.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Go shake your head.
Arsene Wengers excuse for Arsenal not competing is 'we can't compete with the money other sides are spending'.

Only trouble is Arsenal claim he has hundreds of million to spend but isn't.

That's his own reason.

There are exceptions to every rule. One should note that after the 'class of 92' Man Utd spent huge fees consistently. Once in a blue moon you might strike it lucky with homegrown talent but most of the time now to compete you need to buy the best players. Which most of the time involved splashing the cash.

Also it needs pointing out that the footballing landscape has changed significantly since the mid 90s. Spending is insane now. Hard to compete without playing the game.
Chinney :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: Chinney :lol:
Fine. Explain why then, in your own words Chelsea and Man City, two clubs well below Arsenal in the league table prior to their successes within the last decade have won the league multiple times in the same period that Arsenal haven't managed it?

Why have they won the league, more than once and Arsenal haven't?