For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:25 am

Quick note that in this intriguing BN interview with new boy Buxton, Parky says "When it came down to it, Lewis became available and he could fit in at centre-half, so we thought his ability to play a couple of positions could be quite important.” Relevant here considering some have said we need more cover - which Parky seems to be seeking anyway, but worth mentioning.

Well worth a read, that piece. Which player sleeps in Chris Taylor's spare room the night before a game? #glamour

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm going to guess Beevers, given our kid (who works in Tesco) sold them a joint copy of FIFA recently, which they split, the tight bastards.

In other news, the same source tells me our esteemed club captain is knocking about in a mobility scooter which ticked me. Insert joke about last season's performances.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'm going to guess Beevers, given our kid (who works in Tesco) sold them a joint copy of FIFA recently, which they split, the tight bastards.

In other news, the same source tells me our esteemed club captain is knocking about in a mobility scooter which ticked me. Insert joke about last season's performances.
Ha! Tis indeed Taylor (C)'s old Millwall mucker Beevers who gets the Z-bed. Buxton, by contrasts, bunks over at the mother-in-law's...

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Not quite right for us, just in terms of who's here already, but I notice James Vaughan has signed a permanent deal at Bury. Still only 28 too, which surprised me considering how long ago it was he nearly bled to death at the Reebok.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Not quite right for us, just in terms of who's here already, but I notice James Vaughan has signed a permanent deal at Bury. Still only 28 too, which surprised me considering how long ago it was he nearly bled to death at the Reebok.
<<< ?? What was that one, Tom ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Not quite right for us, just in terms of who's here already, but I notice James Vaughan has signed a permanent deal at Bury. Still only 28 too, which surprised me considering how long ago it was he nearly bled to death at the Reebok.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ory.sport3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Ken's lad has replied to a fan asking if we want to keep Clough with 'absolutely' and also has added that Marc Iles will be writing a story tomorrow, presumably transfer related.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:28 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ory.sport3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks. I have no recollection of that at all.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:31 pm

"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:Image
" ... pah !! 'tis but a scratch."

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:59 pm

It was weird. At the time he had loads of treatment on the pitch but just looked like any old fairly serious injury. Only when we got home did we see what had happened.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Ken's lad has replied to a fan asking if we want to keep Clough with 'absolutely' and also has added that Marc Iles will be writing a story tomorrow, presumably transfer related.
Here's yer story, presumably. No names on the quotes, but:
Marc Iles wrote:...fears Phil Parkinson’s rapidly-improving side will be dismantled in the next week have been strongly denied by club’s hierarchy, who say they only plan to strengthen the squad with “two or three signings” before Wednesday’s deadline.
[...]
Wanderers admit there have been “lots of calls and enquiries” but told The Bolton News last Friday they had rejected every firm bid which had come their way so far and that it would take “silly money” to make them change their stance.
[...]
It is understood an enquiry was made for Reece Burke, the highly-rated West Ham defender, but that the Hammers are now in negotiations with two Championship clubs – Wigan Athletic and Brighton over a season-long loan.
[...]
Claims have also been made in Poland that Bolton have enquired about Tom Hateley – son of ex-England striker Mark – who has just left Slask Wroclaw. Wanderers have denied they are in talks with the 26-year-old, who looks poised to move to Scotland with Patrick Thistle, Hibs or Dundee understood to be interested.

Parkinson confirmed this week he is waiting for news on two Premier League-based players on loan, believed to be a centre-half and a centre-forward. He is also on the lookout for a right-sided winger.

He has warned, however, that business is likely to stretch towards the 11pm deadline on Wednesday, August 31.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:25 am

oooof - might actually be a tense and exciting deadline day for a change! :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:45 am

Wonder who will leave then to make way for new signings? Iles still believes we have to move some out to bring some in.

Guess Conor Wilkinson as one, but then who would want him?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Wonder who will leave then to make way for new signings? Iles still believes we have to move some out to bring some in.

Other possible departures, in roughly descending order of likelhiood:
Dorian Dervite
Lawrie WIlson
Derik
Tom Walker
Ben Amos

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:00 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Wonder who will leave then to make way for new signings? Iles still believes we have to move some out to bring some in.

Dorian Dervite
Lawrie WIlson
Derik
Tom Walker
Ben Amos
I'm fairly sure that one of Parkinson's quotes in relation to the two possible loanee's mentioned "making some room"...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:15 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Dorian Dervite
Lawrie WIlson
Derik
Tom Walker
Ben Amos
Dervite yes, but he's injured until mid September so I suspect nobody will take him.

Wilson - be surprised if they wanted him out, useful sqaud player. Though rather he want than Derik.

Same with Derik. - I actually think Derik covers CB, RB and CM. I think in time he may be a very useful defensive midfield option.

And Amos - no chance. We need two keepers, Parky already said he wants two senior keepers due to loan rule changes.

Walker is one who I think could go without being missed at all, but whether anyone wants him?

Bit of a conundrum. Were Pratley fit then I'm sure Trotter would be an ideal one to shift, but as that isn't the case....

Wonder if having brought Taylor in they might consider offers for Moxey? I think Moxey is ok, but presumably one of the higher earners and for me certainly not good enough to justify that status.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:28 am

Moxey is 30 and on a mid level Championship salary. Hard to see the richer championship clubs wanting him.

Walker, Wilkinson and Dervite, given there is reported interest in him, seem the most likely. With Dervite it wouldn't be the first time someone transferred with a short term injury, as long as he can pass a medical in all other areas and the buying club get a medical opinion that the existing injury will heal in a couple weeks. Walker and Wilkinson might have their contracts paid up similar to Finney if there are no willing takers?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:39 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Moxey is 30 and on a mid level Championship salary. Hard to see the richer championship clubs wanting him.

Walker, Wilkinson and Dervite, given there is reported interest in him, seem the most likely. With Dervite it wouldn't be the first time someone transferred with a short term injury, as long as he can pass a medical in all other areas and the buying club get a medical opinion that the existing injury will heal in a couple weeks. Walker and Wilkinson might have their contracts paid up similar to Finney if there are no willing takers?
I can't see Walker's contract being terminated as he gives us width that we lack, although I don't rate him as a player. I can see it for Wilkinson if we reach a mutual deal that is cheaper than him remaining.
Walker is shit. And the premise is we want to bring in another winger. I think that if we are limited by numbers paying off Wilkinson and Walker makes sense.

If the limit is more budgetary then paying them off wouldn't help.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:43 am

Not that this means it isn't true, because, you know, the FA, but it would f*cking insane if we could get sound a rule in place over worries about our finances limiting us to one in one out by paying up f*cking contracts.