General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:I genuinely don't even get what point Hopkins was trying to make (I mean I can see she was being a crass bell-end but I'm not sure what for..)
I THINK initially, she presumed that the dead guys were refugees coming in from across the channel, (which, tbf, I did) & implying that they got what was coming to them.

I don't know that, but think so.

When it turned out otherwise she couldn't be arsed (or was too late) to change her position.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:38 pm

I spent yesterday at a wedding. Nothing unusual in that and indeed, the church service was very nice, we all sang Jerusalem and another hymn I vaguely remember from my childhood. The first sign of anything unusual was the individual half bottles of champagne offered to guests as we were transported to the reception. Nice touch, but over a hundred bottles of champagne?

The reception venue was a huge marquee, beautifully decorated, with a huge couch filled reception area and as I passed the line of new Bentleys and Range Rovers towards the entrance, an accordion player serenaded the guests. I strolled past the numerous fruit fountains and the artist painting a picture of the happy couple and then enjoyed a cracking meal, wine on tap and a free bar for those who drink. A live band followed a pair of singers and a crepe waggon fed us late into the night.

Apparently, the supposed cost of this was, wait for it..........eighty grand. Eighty feckity feckin grand. I wasn't sure whether to put this in the angry thread, but then its not my money. It's pocket change to the father of the bride, but I'm still reeling from the sheer excess. Perhaps its just my age.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:04 pm

^^^ a symptom of the Princess generation. In this case an exceptional one, even of its type.

I despair at times if what this will engender in that person's personality.

Anyone who's on Facebook will have witnessed a case of the obsessive bride-to-be who, over 18 months or more, takes you painfully though every tiny fckg step of the upcoming 4 or 5 hours.

On a different note however, if it genuinely is a drop in the ocean for the proud parent it does at least spread the £80k through the economy so don't knock it ..... I guess.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm thinking someone may be worried about their forthcoming(latest!) nuptials not measuring up. Never mind the worry when little miss BB ties the knot. If there's no accordion player, half bottles of champers or free bar at either - I'll be kicking off!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I'm thinking someone may be worried about their forthcoming(latest!) nuptials not measuring up. Never mind the worry when little miss BB ties the knot. If there's no accordion player, half bottles of champers or free bar at either - I'll be kicking off!
You could run to the half bottles of Champers Harry.

Just avoid the wine for the next couple of days.

.... & I'll cover the accordion if he asks nicely.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I'm thinking someone may be worried about their forthcoming(latest!) nuptials not measuring up. Never mind the worry when little miss BB ties the knot. If there's no accordion player, half bottles of champers or free bar at either - I'll be kicking off!
:lmfao: Oh...er... Congratulations BB.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Feck that. My nuptials are costing a tiny wedge in the great scheme of things. Probably just as well given my record. A mate of mine coughed up 22 grand a year ago for his daughter's wedding. They split last month. We're going to another do at Houghton Towers next month which has had 12 months prep and around 20k invested. I just don't see the point.

The ex Mrs Bob has ensured that Miss Bob would have such an awkward wedding day, she's thinking of doing it quietly abroad to avoid the aggro. Sadly, whilst this means that I'll avoid the huuuge bill, I'll never have the privelege of walking her down the aisle. I can't say I'm not gutted, but life sometimes throws you curve balls.

I believe it's de rigeur for the groom's family to pay half these days, so the clown may not be laughing too hard for too long :-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Feck that. My nuptials are costing a tiny wedge in the great scheme of things. Probably just as well given my record. A mate of mine coughed up 22 grand a year ago for his daughter's wedding. They split last month. We're going to another do at Houghton Towers next month which has had 12 months prep and around 20k invested. I just don't see the point.

The ex Mrs Bob has ensured that Miss Bob would have such an awkward wedding day, she's thinking of doing it quietly abroad to avoid the aggro. Sadly, whilst this means that I'll avoid the huuuge bill, I'll never have the privelege of walking her down the aisle. I can't say I'm not gutted, but life sometimes throws you curve balls.

I believe it's de rigeur for the groom's family to pay half these days, so the clown may not be laughing too hard for too long :-)
At this rate the clownettes will be earning more than me within months .... & the various Poppy's, Charlotte's & Emily's all appear to come from families who's current worry is mostly about their 3rd homes in Provence losing value.

So, put bluntly, they can pay for their own !!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Feck that. My nuptials are costing a tiny wedge in the great scheme of things. Probably just as well given my record. A mate of mine coughed up 22 grand a year ago for his daughter's wedding. They split last month. We're going to another do at Houghton Towers next month which has had 12 months prep and around 20k invested. I just don't see the point.

I wouldn't pay half of 80,000 quid, de rigeur or not!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:56 pm

I'd sooner give Miss Bob the wedding money towards a house deposit. Her chances of getting 40 grand are somewhere between slim snd nil.......unless I joss it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:25 am

Bollocks. The bar's been set, Bobby Boy. Will the accordion be in C or D? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:09 am

Perhaps you'll secretly be pleased to hear that a recent study into marriage found a direct correlation between the amount you spend and the speed of divorce. Week next thursday in this case?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:27 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/du ... ocid=edgsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Way to go!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:35 am

This is what we want - plenty more of this. Good lad.

:pray:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:38 am

Pity he didn't have room for 'absolute' there.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:09 am

bobo the clown wrote:
You could run to the half bottles of Champers Harry.

Just avoid the wine for the next couple of days.

.... & I'll cover the accordion if he asks nicely.

It's a neat trick but costs a fortune in Vasoline...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:This is what we want - plenty more of this. Good lad.

Fuller story is here.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:This is what we want - plenty more of this. Good lad.

Fuller story is here.
If he’s chosen not to disclose having two fault claims on his claims history or he’s failed to provide proof of his no claims discount, then he only has himself to blame. If his previous insurance company failed to tell him that payments had been made, then he needs to raise his complaint with them.

Either way he’s had two fault accidents and the third parties have made claims, so Aviva haven’t done anything wrong in cancelling his policy if he doesn’t want to pay the appropriate premium.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:05 am

We know that but insurance companies are in the same bracket as the taxman, traffic wardens and BMW drivers.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:39 am