Southend (H) match thread 3/9/16 (3pm)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Southend (H) match thread 3/9/16 (3pm)

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Parky presser, per Twitter
It was one of the busiest days I have encountered as a manager. I have to praise the team behind the team.
We needed a goalkeeper and I feel we've brought the right person in in Ben. Tom's a player I know well. He's capable of playing in midfield and defence. We've had a few injuries in defence so he's an asset.
James Henry is a Championship player. He was one of the names at the top of our list and we are delighted to bring him in. Sammy Ameobi is a game-changer. We needed someone who can go past opposition players with pace and skill. We fought off a lot of competition to bring in Keshi Anderson and I believe he is someone the fans will enjoy watching. It's a balancing act now. We'll have a lot of decisions to make regarding team selection. It's what you want as a manager.
Kaiyne was a difficult call. The offer doubled overnight and we felt it was right for the squad and right for the player.
We've managed to keep Zach Clough. That's gone under the radar a bit. He's been unlucky with injuries we're pleased to have him.
It's such a blow for Mark Davies. Hopefully he can come back stronger.
We know teams will come to Macron Stadium and raise their game. Southend have the potential to beat anyone on their day.
We know Browny will have his team organised and up for this. He'll get a good reception from our fans. We won't take them lightly.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Parky wrote: It's such a blow for Mark Davies. Hopefully he can come back stronger.

clearly he hasn't referred the matter to BWFCi yet! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:06 pm

thebish wrote:
Parky wrote: It's such a blow for Mark Davies. Hopefully he can come back stronger.

clearly he hasn't referred the matter to BWFCi yet! :wink:
Can't say owt else can he?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:25 pm

I think this must be the most optimistic match thread in years! Even Insane reckons we'll be unstoppable shortly. Iles has written a piece about us being possible champions.

This doesn't bode well.....
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I think this must be the most optimistic match thread in years! Even Insane reckons we'll be unstoppable shortly. Iles has written a piece about us being possible champions.

Yes need to keep our collective feet on the ground, plenty clubs have good starts to seasons and don't win the league/get promoted so its all about taking each game as it comes.

I am definitely optimistic about the club's chances over the season, but we have to be realistic and expect that it won't be so easy over 46 games...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I think this must be the most optimistic match thread in years! Even Insane reckons we'll be unstoppable shortly. Iles has written a piece about us being possible champions.

My thoughts exactly. Massive over confidence imo.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:06 pm

aye - those that want it can linger on the giddy thread! :-)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:16 pm

When Parky came down to this league with Charlton in 2009, he won his first 6 games, and they ended up losing to Swindon on penalties in the play off semi finals.

We haven't even managed that and so we are clearly doomed :hang:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:18 pm

I remember Sheffield Wednesday fans on their forum referring to themselves as HMS pisstheleague, after this kind of talk.

JSL. Let's do what we did under Colin Todd. One game at a time, no mention of promotion.

Important game this one saturday.... what with it being our next one. :wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Nah bollocks!

Don't get me wrong, I hope PP and the team are thinking like that, but we've had f*ck all to cheer for donkeys'. All aboard HMS Pisstheleague!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Reckon we will lose 5-0 tomorrow as Brown will have them pumped up and our new lads won't be ready.....better?

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Will Parky put all the newbies straight into the team or feed them in gently so as to not disrupt what is a winning team? I hope its the latter...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:04 pm

danardif1 wrote:Will Parky put all the newbies straight into the team or feed them in gently so as to not disrupt what is a winning team? I hope its the latter...
I see Henry as a definite starter. Anderson possible. Others on the bench.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:38 pm

danardif1 wrote:Will Parky put all the newbies straight into the team or feed them in gently so as to not disrupt what is a winning team? I hope its the latter...
Parky seems to have managed, against the odds, to get the team playing for each other. With five new additions he'll have to be a bit careful about undoing the good he's done by making sure the lads keep thinking as a squad and are all together, and the current ones not suddenly out of favour because of the newbies. We've played five, won four and drawn one and we need to keep the level of amicability going. A win tomorrow will certainly be a confidence booster and I reckon Parky will come up with the goods again. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Reckon we will lose 5-0 tomorrow as Brown will have them pumped up and our new lads won't be ready.....better?
Welcome back! :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 pm

That's the spirit!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Tonge No Moor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tonge No Moor » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:06 am

I think to stop the rot is always the hardest thing to do. Whether you`re playing in a lower league or not, when the chips are down, it`s very hard to shake off the mentality of losing. PP has done a cracking job of establishing a bit of confidence back in the team, and belief goes a long way.
Some People Make things happen, Some People See things Happen, and Some People don`t know anything's happened at all.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:33 am

s'only a few games in - but he hasn't messed much with his winning formula yet! his changes have come because of injuries...

that said - we've got injuries - so therer WILL be changes! :D

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:02 am

Tonge No Moor wrote:I think to stop the rot is always the hardest thing to do. Whether you`re playing in a lower league or not, when the chips are down, it`s very hard to shake off the mentality of losing. PP has done a cracking job of establishing a bit of confidence back in the team, and belief goes a long way.
Yup. Beat Southend today and we'll already have won as many as in the whole of last season.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:56 am

Surely it's as few changes from the start as possible. Hit to give the lads who have got us here the chance to keep going.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.