The Academy - the future

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Academy - the future

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Riviman wrote:Saw him last night in the U23s, two superb goals and two typical poacher goals being in the right area at the right time. Yes he is small but he's a natural goalscorer and must be worth a place on the bench on Saturday. He would bring something entirely different and his speed and skill frightens defenders. The "crowd" last night were certainly remarking to Phil P that Alex was worth a shout and Parky did have a big smile on his face!!
A smile that meant "the lad's tiny, he's not getting into my 6ft plan". :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Riviman wrote:Saw him last night in the U23s, two superb goals and two typical poacher goals being in the right area at the right time. Yes he is small but he's a natural goalscorer and must be worth a place on the bench on Saturday. He would bring something entirely different and his speed and skill frightens defenders. The "crowd" last night were certainly remarking to Phil P that Alex was worth a shout and Parky did have a big smile on his face!!
A smile that meant "the lad's tiny, he's not getting into my 6ft plan". :wink:
:D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:17 pm

boltonboris wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Alex Samizadeh gotta be worth a look now surely?
I saw his brief cameo at Brentford towards the end of last season; looked a mile off there, although there were extenuating circumstances. He might do better in this league and in a winning (or, rather, not losing) side. But, he's tiny: at least 12 inches short of Parky's minimum height requirement.
He got about 10 minutes didn't he? He'll get absolutely nothing out of that. we need to see this lad for 30/45 mins to see what he can do
Halve it

He replaced Woolery on 85 minutes

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
I saw his brief cameo at Brentford towards the end of last season; looked a mile off there, although there were extenuating circumstances. He might do better in this league and in a winning (or, rather, not losing) side. But, he's tiny: at least 12 inches short of Parky's minimum height requirement.
He got about 10 minutes didn't he? He'll get absolutely nothing out of that. we need to see this lad for 30/45 mins to see what he can do
Halve it

Well, I did say "brief"! I retract my "mile off" assessment. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:46 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Halve it

Before you do, how much time was added on? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:I saw his brief cameo at Brentford towards the end of last season; looked a mile off there, although there were extenuating circumstances. He might do better in this league and in a winning (or, rather, not losing) side. But, he's tiny: at least 12 inches short of Parky's minimum height requirement.
Halve it

Of course, once you raised it, I had to look it up. :D

Four minutes. So, his playing time was 80% longer than claimed above! But, I'll keep my assessment retracted (though that won't stop me saying, "I told you so" when he turns out to be a dud!).
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:36 am

i was at that Brentford game, they were all a fecking mile off! but he is tiny - did you think he was a mile away :)

summat in the BN today about him not being rushed into the 1st team tho. David Lee reckons he is not good enough yet, and also mentions him being a bit of a billy big bollocks?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:54 am

General Mannerheim wrote:i was at that Brentford game, they were all a fecking mile off! but he is tiny - did you think he was a mile away :)

summat in the BN today about him not being rushed into the 1st team tho. David Lee reckons he is not good enough yet, and also mentions him being a bit of a billy big bollocks?
Unfortunately, I now can't shake out of my mind the image of wee Alex with a massive pair of 'nads! :?
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:58 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote: Well, I did say "brief"! I retract my "mile off" assessment. :D

Four minutes. So, his playing time was 80% longer than claimed above! But, I'll keep my assessment retracted (though that won't stop me saying, "I told you so" when he turns out to be a dud!).
Ignore Bruce - he doesn't get on with Iranians. They're very particular about dates.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:42 am

Prufrock wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote: Well, I did say "brief"! I retract my "mile off" assessment. :D

Ignore Bruce - he doesn't get on with Iranians. They're very particular about dates.
And what the very feck are you waffling on about now? :conf:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:53 am

General Mannerheim wrote:i was at that Brentford game, they were all a fecking mile off! but he is tiny - did you think he was a mile away :)

I'm not surprised when he's got 90% of a fanbase blowing smoke up his arse.

We tried moving him onto Derby, but they didn't need him and passed on the 'offer'.

He obviously has ability and looks a powerhouse, but without giving him a chance, we'll never know
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:58 am

boltonboris wrote:

We tried moving him onto Derby, but they didn't need him and passed on the 'offer'.

He obviously has ability and looks a powerhouse, but without giving him a chance, we'll never know
We've already got one light weight in Clough.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

He's a bit more stocky than Clough, so hopefully harder to push off the ball.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Hoboh wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Lightweight? He could be doing the splits and his feet would still be within the width of his shoulders
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
And what the very feck are you waffling on about now? :conf:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client= ... QRdhPr67_E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nicko58 wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Have a bit o' that, with your tedious, draw-producing, functionary thread titles. :whack:

Three - nowt to us. :oyea: :pissed:
Bloody travesty! Liberties!
Bring back the functionary thread titles I say, they at least had the right bloody date! :wink:
Obviously. :oops:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Ah. :D

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:16 am

boltonboris wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Lightweight? He could be doing the splits and his feet would still be within the width of his shoulders
And still three yards narrower than his ear-span.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Billy Big Bollocks' goals v QPR here - https://www.youtube.com/embed/W4uC51by0dw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:53 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Billy Big Bollocks' goals v QPR here -
Ta. For those who didn't know (like me until I looked it up), Samizadeh scored the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th; Alex Perry scored our first, Huyga Tanner the sixth.

Derik and Thorpe each had an hour's runout; according to Iles, Parky & Co now see the Spaniard as a defensive midfielder. Mind you, he seems to be in the backline for our second goal – and is that Thorpe whose imperious header sets us on our way for that goal?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:57 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Billy Big Bollocks' goals v QPR here -
Ta. For those who didn't know (like me until I looked it up), Samizadeh scored the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th; Alex Perry scored our first, Huyga Tanner the sixth.

Derik and Thorpe each had an hour's runout; according to Iles, Parky & Co now see the Spaniard as a defensive midfielder. Mind you, he seems to be in the backline for our second goal – and is that Thorpe whose imperious header sets us on our way for that goal?
That's all very well, but what about the sh!t defending for QPR's stoppage time consolation goal? I blame Trotter / Madine / Pratley. Lee out! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!