The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:02 pm

boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Aye, but that's your cult, you were speaking to......

that's very generous of you, I'd defer and say it's Jesus's, though... :wink:
that's even more weird :wink:

I'm comfortable with it - it means something to me. If you're not - that's fine - it's a big world, plenty of room for diverse ideas - the sky won't fall in!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm offended by your reasonableness on this matter.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'm offended by your reasonableness on this matter.
That's because he has a cult. Or charisma. I forget which
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:14 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
... oh. & as I said yesterday, Jeremy's constituency gets redivided and now has way over 1/3 of Jewish decent. Maybe he'll start picking his words a little differently. Or move to a seat where that's less important.

... or just stay where he is and get re-elected cos he is a good constituency MP and the local Jewish community know he isn't anti-semitic.
He got 4% in a poll of Jewish Labour party members ( in a two horse race) and Jewish members are shouted down at his local meeting (which tbf in your words is pretty standard).

So yeah, I'm not sure they do.

"Jeremy's thoughts are with the victims of the holocaust (though not enough to actually accept an invite to the museum) ...and all other people who have died ever".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
... oh. & as I said yesterday, Jeremy's constituency gets redivided and now has way over 1/3 of Jewish decent. Maybe he'll start picking his words a little differently. Or move to a seat where that's less important.

... or just stay where he is and get re-elected cos he is a good constituency MP and the local Jewish community know he isn't anti-semitic.
He got 4% in a poll of Jewish Labour party members ( in a two horse race) and Jewish members are shouted down at his local meeting (which tbf in your words is pretty standard).

So yeah, I'm not sure they do.

"Jeremy's thoughts are with the victims of the holocaust (though not enough to actually accept an invite to the museum) ...and all other people who have died ever".

time will tell... you're not always bob-on with your political predictions...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:03 am

If Corbyn's tweet the other day didn't give you enough of an idea of his people's attitudes towards 9/11, here is Seamus Milne. On 13 September 2011.

"Shock, rage and grief there has been aplenty. But any glimmer of recognition of why people might have been driven to carry out such atrocities, sacrificing their own lives in the process - or why the United States is hated with such bitterness, not only in Arab and Muslim countries, but across the developing world - seems almost entirely absent. Perhaps it is too much to hope that, as rescue workers struggle to pull firefighters from the rubble, any but a small minority might make the connection between what has been visited upon them and what their government has visited upon large parts of the world."

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:04 am

Prufrock wrote:If Corbyn's tweet the other day didn't give you enough of an idea of his people's attitudes towards 9/11, here is Seamus Milne. On 13 September 2011.

"Shock, rage and grief there has been aplenty. But any glimmer of recognition of why people might have been driven to carry out such atrocities, sacrificing their own lives in the process - or why the United States is hated with such bitterness, not only in Arab and Muslim countries, but across the developing world - seems almost entirely absent. Perhaps it is too much to hope that, as rescue workers struggle to pull firefighters from the rubble, any but a small minority might make the connection between what has been visited upon them and what their government has visited upon large parts of the world."
Seamus Milne, quite clearly a wanker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... r-off.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am Labour through and through. Yet over the last couple of days, thousands of people have told me that I should leave the party. What did I do to attract such attention? What was it I did that made people so angry?
I wrote something. Not an article, so much as a raggedly little statement of feeling that just happened to be shared by thousands. A statement of disappointment and of anger that Jeremy Corbyn has appointed as his key adviser a one-time Stalinist called Seumas Milne. And I stand by it. I hold no brief for Milne. It kills me that Labour does. I think Milne is an apologist for terror, and will always be an apologist for terror. I think that he never met a truth he didn’t dismiss as an orthodoxy and that nowhere in his far-Left polemic are actual people represented.
The stink of the scum that hangs around Labour, Corbyn and the momentum Union backed slime is overpowering.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:14 am

well - here's a thing..

if Corbyn can unite Hoboh, Pru and BWFCi in cosy political harmony - then his powers of reconciliation are immense! :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:03 pm

thebish wrote:well - here's a thing..

if Corbyn can unite Hoboh, Pru and BWFCi in cosy political harmony - then his powers of reconciliation are immense! :D
I quite like the idea of a moderate Labour party that does not kiss the arse of big business, unfortunately we are a long way off that, both contenders fall either side of it and Smith is a fake take up any policy to win tosser.
At least Corbyn is the genuine article, a wanker.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Hypothetically speaking....

what happened, if (a gigantic 'if', I know) Corbyn became PM and there was a massive Terror attack in the UK by Daesh / Al Qaeda, or whoever.

Would he and Milne just say "what goes around, comes around"? Or would he pay it right back with double the force?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:20 pm

boltonboris wrote:Hypothetically speaking....

what happened, if (a gigantic 'if', I know) Corbyn became PM and there was a massive Terror attack in the UK by Daesh / Al Qaeda, or whoever.

Would he and Milne just say "what goes around, comes around"? Or would he pay it right back with double the force?

I see... I guess you'd want us to press Theresa's big red button... or go to war in Iraq... or bomb Syria... or summat... yeah! :oyea:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Ha!

Though that's the point isn't it?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:

Ha!

let's not give all the credit to Corbyn - you've been drawing closer to Hobes for a while now...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:54 am

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Ha!

let's not give all the credit to Corbyn - you've been drawing closer to Hobes for a while now...
There is a good response to that but in all fairness it could be construed as a little brutal so I won't use it.

Pru, is his own man? !

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:32 am

I'm still as far away from hoboh as ever. He remains plain wrong on almost, but not quite, everything!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:33 am

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Ha!

There is a good response to that but in all fairness it could be construed as a little brutal so I won't use it.

Pru, is his own man? !
Snowflake :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:12 am

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:well - here's a thing.. if Corbyn can unite Hoboh, Pru and BWFCi in cosy political harmony - then his powers of reconciliation are immense! :D
Ha!

Closet Tory.

Soon he'll be brave enough to come out.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:40 am

Prufrock wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Ha!

Pru, is his own man? !
Snowflake :D
Protecting them :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:50 pm

we straddle the international stage like we have summat to contribute... errr...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 09906.html

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:53 pm

"Just how much clout will Britain have on the international diplomatic stage after leaving the European Union?"

Who gives a fvck. The more of this we stay out of, the better.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"