Saddlers up, we're off to Walsall (A) 17/8

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Saddlers up, we're off to Walsall (A) 17/8

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:58 pm

still - that's the pressure of the "unbeaten" monkey off our backs... it's all good! :D

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 pm

That was pretty rubbish. They need to utilise this now and say we can't expect walk overs in games
Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Anderson sent off. Shambolic end to an embarrassment of a performance. And the most misleading stint at the top of a table I've ever seen. No hard luck stories with stuff off the line.
Boring predictable clueless shite. feck em.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Dismal.

1 excellent keeper.
1 poor.

Still 2nd but looks like we're hanging on rather than taking it to the league.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Anderson loan / Woolery out

Hmmmmm

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:00 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Anderson sent off. Shambolic end to an embarrassment of a performance. And the most misleading stint at the top of a table I've ever seen. No hard luck stories with stuff off the line.
Boring predictable clueless shite. feck em.
What page of the "I've been waiting all season to say this" book is this from?

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Think that had been coming. Not played well for more than 45 mins this season. Too many just not up to the task. Trotter C.Taylor Henry Ameobi not even close to good enough for this level. I'd take mid table right now. We are that bad

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Joke. They can feck right off with that one.

Thats 3 games on the bounce we've not had a fcuking clue what to do to unlock a defence. All since we made those amazing new signings. Need to get there arses in gear onthe training ground.
Amazing? Anderson fast but no threat. Ameobi looks like he is on beach strolling around. Henry very very poor. That leaves Thorpe a Rotherham reserve. Clough and Spearing the inly ones who stand out

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Anyone who thinks that a central midfield consisting of 2 of the most lazy bastards around i.e. Trotter & Vela will win you a game should not be in football....and that starting formation was baffling to say the least, but this has been coming for a few weeks as we are nowhere near as good as the table suggested - any team who can't get a result against a 'mightly' Walsall side in the bottom six down to 10 men after 20 mins isn't good enough even in this League 1 which isn't much better in quality than the Bolton Combination.

I'm really trying not to slag PP off but tbh I'm not impressed one fecking bit....another one who talks a good game about work rate, commitment & showing the fans that you'll work for the full 90mins - but it never happens - I'm starting to think that he isn't that much different from the other clowns we've had managing us in recent years - lots of his own players in the team today !

3 points out of 12 in League 1....including the likes Southend, MK Dons & Walsall isn't progress for me....
Last edited by Peter Thompson on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:32 pm

^^ 9 games PT. Something of a record to be fair.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ 9 games PT. Something of a record to be fair.
I totally agree Bobo it is for me !, I've not slagged the team off as they where top & I knew that I'd get pelters - and to be honest I was loving being top ! I thought several times about posting what I have today - but I've seen us 4 or 5 times this season and I haven't seen much of an improvement tbh - I was a little excited (as much as I can be) with the transfer window signing but we just don't look like a side who can score goals.

And defensively we are still conceding soft goals....even against teams with 10 men in League 1.

I really want us to do well & go up this season, but come on with the team we have in comparison with almost every other side in League 1 (I haven't heard of many players in these league 1 sides) - we shouldn't be losing at Walsall who where down to 10 men for 70-80 mins.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:21 pm

fecking hell. One defeat in eight games, and here come the pelters, the doomsayers, the miserable fecks.

Our support really is as shit as they say.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Yeah Parky out for playing our only eligible and fit midfield players in midfield.

Who the feck else should he play PT? I agree Vela and trotter aren't up to it, but there aren't any other options.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:08 pm

BWFCI look I never said Parky Out & I just say it as I see it....when we win I'm up & when we lose I'm down - personally I was expecting Thorpe to replace Spearing as a defensive midfielder as a pairing of Vela & Trotter are as weak as anything in all 4 divisions. Also when you go down to 10 men you should you not try and play it more on the floor & try and play through teams utilising your extra man not sideways, sideways, hoof - sideways, sideways hoof & repeat same time and time again.

But I'm obviously wrong as the team we had out was obviously not good enough to beat a Walsall team (5th bottom) playing with only 10 men for 75 mins, who almost matched us on the possession stats.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Yeah Parky out for playing our only eligible and fit midfield players in midfield.

Who the feck else should he play PT? I agree Vela and trotter aren't up to it, but there aren't any other options.
Thorpe could have played in CM and was in contention.

Some of the comments on here are ludicrous to say the least - its cringeworthy.

What happened to playing poorly and winning being a sign of a good team?

Let's not forget, there has been lots of changes, including 4/5 new faces on deadline day. The team need to gel and bed in. All things considered we are in a great position in the table and a healthy-ish squad with injuries to key players. Let's see where we are after 20 games - and if it's all going t!ts up then have a moan.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:14 pm

enrdentw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Yeah Parky out for playing our only eligible and fit midfield players in midfield.

Thorpe could have played in CM and was in contention.

Some of the comments on here are ludicrous to say the least - its cringeworthy.

What happened to playing poorly and winning being a sign of a good team?

Let's not forget, there has been lots of changes, including 4/5 new faces on deadline day. The team need to gel and bed in. All things considered we are in a great position in the table and a healthy-ish squad with injuries to key players. Let's see where we are after 20 games - and if it's all going t!ts up then have a moan.
Quite. I think the injuries and new signings being thrown in straight away out of necessity has disrupted us. Was a little predictable.

But we will be ok.

I'm worried about next Saturday as Bradford will catch us at the right time and be doubly determined, think we will lose.

But after that I'm sure we will hit our stride again soon.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Clearly the thread title played a significant part. It was only a matter of time.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:17 pm

I think we all knew we were in a false position but I'll take any luck we can get, particularly so, since in June I wasn't even sure we'd have a team to support. The next 6 to 8 games will define our season for me. Players back from injury, new signings gelling or otherwise and Parky having established the style he's looking for.

BTID :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Maybe Ameobi C Taylor and Henry will improve. Hope so. From what I've seen so far none are even close to good enough

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:16 pm

truewhite15 wrote:fecking hell. One defeat in eight games, and here come the pelters, the doomsayers, the miserable fecks.

Our support really is as shit as they say.
I've always wondered if a club can divorce it's fans. Well some of em! :D