Saddlers up, we're off to Walsall (A) 17/8

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Saddlers up, we're off to Walsall (A) 17/8

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:02 pm

twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Scoring us clearly our main weakness so any solution is worth investigating.
How about converting you into a striker? Good solution? :)
I'm slower than slow these days. Think 'Nigel Clough'. I'm almost THAT slow.

So we may be having to rely on people with smaller feet I'm afraid.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think there is scant evidence that Clough will bag double figures in this division let alone a kid who's played about 5 minutes of pro football.

Iles asked Parky, his coaches and David Lee who all said Samizadeh wasn't ready for the first team yet. David Lee apparently has been fairly critical of him at times.

I think these guys know their jobs.

There is always one who slips through the net! With our current forward line (including injurys) it can't do any harm!

Has the lad got abit of Billy big bollocks about him?? I don't think that's nessarily a bad thing! We've got an had strikers who are to nice! Buy of arrogance and self belief is a good thing for a striker!
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:07 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Claytons months off surely?

For me he would get a game in the next round of that ridiculous cup we're in. You can't coach goalscoring instinct. Or we can't anyway.
Parky said Clayton was due back training last week. No expert in this field but fingers crossed that it is weeks rather than months.

Hopefully anyway as I think he possesses that bit of quality that we need.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:58 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think there is scant evidence that Clough will bag double figures in this division let alone a kid who's played about 5 minutes of pro football.

Iles asked Parky, his coaches and David Lee who all said Samizadeh wasn't ready for the first team yet. David Lee apparently has been fairly critical of him at times.

I think these guys know their jobs.

There is always one who slips through the net! With our current forward line (including injurys) it can't do any harm!

Has the lad got abit of Billy big bollocks about him?? I don't think that's nessarily a bad thing! We've got an had strikers who are to nice! Buy of arrogance and self belief is a good thing for a striker!

I'm with you on that. Everyone crows on about "confidence" in footballers, but we're not giving him a chance because he's too confident??
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Never seen anybody question his attitude. There was a comment about 'keeping him grounded' about a year ago?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:16 pm

He has the young Vaz Te about him .... scoring for fun in the reserves. But scorers are scorers. It as much depends on the service as anything else, as their inate scoring ability is God given.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:13 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Devon White wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:fecking hell. One defeat in eight games, and here come the pelters, the doomsayers, the miserable fecks.

Our support really is as shit as they say.
Did you go to todays game ?
Tell me how you viewed it.
I want to know why I am a pelter ? doomsayer ? and hahahah a miserable feck !
oh and a shit supporter.
No, I didn't. With a small daughter I tend to find I don't have an awful lot of spare cash (or spare time) for away games.

But I've seen this sort of bullshit coming for weeks. There are very large portions of our "support" who are just waiting for some sort of feck up, so they can jump on and assume some sort of superiority because "I told you so". And when no feck up arrives, they invent one where none exists, or prophecy an imminent feck up so they can break out their "told you so" banner and do their "we're so shit" dance.

My viewing of today's game was limited to Twitter, but from there I can glean that we created far more chances than Walsall and that it was a terrific goalkeeping performance and sheer dumb luck that we didn't get a point or more. For a balanced view on here, I like to read the views of a professional (kudos to you, DSB) as I think he offers a much more realistic interpretation of proceedings than the usual doom and gloom. DSB believes that, yes, we could and should have done better. But also submits that on another day we'd have thumped them.

Meanwhile, the doom-mongers circle, proclaiming that our manager's shite, we're shite, all our players are shite, we're in for a long arduous season blah blah etc. After one defeat. When we're 2nd in the league.

How is it that our fans jump on any little down period, any blip, any poor performance, and mark it as an example of enduring and everlasting shite, as though our four wins on the spin were by accident?
Yes understand with the family and prices, I couldn't / didn't when my were young and it still costs to much now, just as a side comment, I paid £23 on sat and had to move 3 seats in to see the goal !
Anyway, back to our beloved team. Mine is not the doom and gloom, its the reality that as soon as they went down to 10 men our body language said that's it we've won this one. Their number 10 then decided to cover every blade of grass and was backed up by his forwards, fellow midfielder and defenders. We kept passing it about from goalkeeper to rb to cd then lb the vela then..... my main point is that we aren't playing that well and it is important to beat teams at home and those with 10 men if our priority is to get back in the championship, our team isn't showing that urgency for me in the last 3 games. I like Parkinson he talks sense and we will be fine under him ( and when we get several of our players back from injury, well onwards and further upwards ).

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:31 am

For me he would get a game in the next round of that ridiculous cup we're in. You can't coach goalscoring instinct. Or we can't anyway.
Please don't build up Clayton as the 'great white hope'. Has he actually scored a goal for us in the league prior to his leisurely injury recovery? I think he is another who flatters to deceive and may look good whilst still being incapable of scoring many at all.

I hope I'm wrong but suspect I'm right. The only thing which could improve our current bunch of forwards is an experienced and rated forwards coach doubling as a psychiatrist who will tell 'em how it is in intense coaching sessions.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:59 am

bedwetter2 wrote:

Please don't build up Clayton as the 'great white hope'. Has he actually scored a goal for us in the league prior to his leisurely injury recovery? I think he is another who flatters to deceive and may look good whilst still being incapable of scoring many at all.

I hope I'm wrong but suspect I'm right. The only thing which could improve our current bunch of forwards is an experienced and rated forwards coach doubling as a psychiatrist who will tell 'em how it is in intense coaching sessions.
Got to say, I'm not at all sure one way or t'other on Clayton. He's actually not had a lot of game time for us (less than 10 games worth over a couple of seasons). As a youngster in a side on the decline. He scored once against the pies in a 3-1 win. When he's started we've won 2, lost 2 drawn 6 - not sure there's much of a conclusion you can draw there - just not enough game time.

I don't have him down as the great white hope, but he did bag 9 in 42 appearances for Crewe in League 1 2012/13, which isn't too shoddy as a wide player.

Still "wait and see" for me.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:

Got to say, I'm not at all sure one way or t'other on Clayton. He's actually not had a lot of game time for us (less than 10 games worth over a couple of seasons). As a youngster in a side on the decline. He scored once against the pies in a 3-1 win. When he's started we've won 2, lost 2 drawn 6 - not sure there's much of a conclusion you can draw there - just not enough game time.

I don't have him down as the great white hope, but he did bag 9 in 42 appearances for Crewe in League 1 2012/13, which isn't too shoddy as a wide player.

aye - deffo a "wait and see" - and I'd always rather wait and see with hope than wait and see in despair! :D

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:07 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:

aye - deffo a "wait and see" - and I'd always rather wait and see with hope than wait and see in despair! :D
You know we don't accept optimism on this site. Don't let it happen again. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:45 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:

My posts misleading. It was mainly about the young lad, with comments on Clayton just the "he's months off" part. Which is the story of his life isn't it? I cant see us renewing his contract this summer personally. We've been carryibg injured players too long at this club - if you cant get fit feck off!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:47 am

DJBlu wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Anderson sent off. Shambolic end to an embarrassment of a performance. And the most misleading stint at the top of a table I've ever seen. No hard luck stories with stuff off the line.
Boring predictable clueless shite. feck em.
What page of the "I've been waiting all season to say this" book is this from?
Not been on here for a week or seen this til now.
It's from Page 7 of the book called 'Consecutive Away Defeats I've Personally Witnessed'.
So stick it up yer bollocks!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Anderson sent off. Shambolic end to an embarrassment of a performance. And the most misleading stint at the top of a table I've ever seen. No hard luck stories with stuff off the line.
Boring predictable clueless shite. feck em.
What page of the "I've been waiting all season to say this" book is this from?
Not been on here for a week or seen this til now.
It's from Page 7 of the book called 'Consecutive Away Defeats I've Personally Witnessed'.
So stick it up yer bollocks!
Took that long to find page 7?

Here's an idea. Stop going you jinx.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:21 am

Just back from Rochdale. Not my fault guv.