The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:04 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Of course it's bloody "News".

But the question is - Where to for the anti-Corbyn sorts from here then?

Pru's off to the libdems for a Tim Farron love-in
BWFCi said he will never vote labour while Corbyn's in charge - so choice to be made...
Bobo's where he always been - UKIP

life goes on!
Comfortably stand by that too.

Look forward to the next election where we shall see who is correct. I'm very confident!
stand by what? you haven't said who you'll vote for yet - nowt to stand by! :-)
Won't vote Labour. As for who, I haven't decided yet. Might not vote at all.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

BWFCi said he will never vote labour while Corbyn's in charge - so choice to be made...

life goes on!

Look forward to the next election where we shall see who is correct. I'm very confident!
Are you not painting yourself into a corner there?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

life goes on!

Eh?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Won't vote Labour. As for who, I haven't decided yet. Might not vote at all.
well - there's summat to stand by! bravo! :oyea:

you are very confident that you will be correct in that you don't know who you will vote for, except it won't be labour and you may not vote at all...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:14 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Won't vote Labour. As for who, I haven't decided yet. Might not vote at all.

you are very confident that you will be correct in that you don't know who you will vote for, except it won't be labour and you may not vote at all...
I think he's very confident that Corbyn is unelectable. Funny, I heard he got elected to some position this week :wink:

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:

I think he's very confident that Corbyn is unelectable. Funny, I heard he got elected to some position this week :wink:
I imagine that when people say that he's unelectable they're referring to a general election rather than the Labour leadership election.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 pm

thebish wrote:

I'm looking forward to the political revolution sweeping the nation and Corbyn storming to victory as so many of his supporters insist will happen.

At the very least, even if the worst happens he should bag Labour a fair few more seats, if his supporters have any clue whatsoever.

Look forward to it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

life goes on!

Eh?
Simple, Will you still refuse to vote for a Corbyn-led Labour if he actually starts to come out with stuff that appeals to you? (I understand that that's unlikely) but if he did? :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: I'm looking forward to the political revolution sweeping the nation and Corbyn storming to victory as so many of his supporters insist will happen.

At the very least, even if the worst happens he should bag Labour a fair few more seats, if his supporters have any clue whatsoever.

Look forward to it.
do you indeed. The Labour party has perfectly properly - TWICE - elected a leader by clear and convincing democratic majority. The modernists/blairites - whatever you want to call them - wangled for themselves a situation where they could put up their best alternative to a fair and properly constituted vote. They failed - BADLY... VERY BADLY...

if you're gonna sulk off cos most people don't agree with you - then - off you go and carp bitterly from the sidelines... it suits you!

I'm sure you look forward to relishing labour doing badly every bit as much as you relished bolton doing badly under Coyle...

I hope it finally makes you a happy bunny.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:

I imagine that when people say that he's unelectable they're referring to a general election rather than the Labour leadership election.

aye... whereas the alternative was to choose Owen Smith who couldn't even get his own party to vote for him... never mind anyone else!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:14 pm

So, another question from me. If you're ordinarily a party supporter, red or blue, and you decide not to vote for your party come GE time, does that not automatically award a half a vote in favour of those to whom you're generally more opposed to?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:28 pm

thebish wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:

aye... whereas the alternative was to choose Owen Smith who couldn't even get his own party to vote for him... never mind anyone else!
It's a pathetic comparison. Margaret Thatcher wouldn't have a hope in hell of winning the Labour Party leadership. Pretty electable though. One is largely irrelevant to the other.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:
It's a pathetic comparison. Margaret Thatcher wouldn't have a hope in hell of winning the Labour Party leadership. Pretty electable though. One is largely irrelevant to the other.
well - no! you can't win a general election if you can't get a party to elect you as leader! :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Simple, Will you still refuse to vote for a Corbyn-led Labour if he actually starts to come out with stuff that appeals to you? (I understand that that's unlikely) but if he did? :conf:
He can't even run his party, how on earth could he run the country?

With a heavy heart if someone said to me tomorrow that I could directly choose the PM and it was either Corbyn or May, I'd put my personal politics aside and choose May. Because Corbyn would be a complete disaster for the country in my opinion. And that is my view as a Labour supporter.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Bish, quit the sniping, do you think Corbyn's Labour will win the next general election? Yes or no.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:48 pm

It's not like Smith was a hitter, let alone a big hitter. Then he created a stance hat was almost more left than that of Corbyn ... just presented in a suit & tie.

It was an awful option.

The middle ground is effectively disenfranchised. The new Nu-Labour activists are vile and it's not going to be pretty in the coming 12 months.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:12 pm

When Blair was elected, the more left wing members of the party had to put aside some of their choices for the greater good. No new council house building, crackdown on welfare, pfi in the NHS etc. Now they have a left leaning leader, can't the centre ground of the party put aside some of their's? I don't get why a Labour supporter wouldn't vote for the party just because JC has been democratically elected leader.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Bish, quit the sniping, do you think Corbyn's Labour will win the next general election? Yes or no.
I think it is unlikely - as I have always said. I don't think it is impossible - 4yrs is a long time if that's how long we have to wait.

as for sniping - LOL!!!

you're the one sniping from the sidelines!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:When Blair was elected, the more left wing members of the party had to put aside some of their choices for the greater good. No new council house building, crackdown on welfare, pfi in the NHS etc. Now they have a left leaning leader, can't the centre ground of the party put aside some of their's? I don't get why a Labour supporter wouldn't vote for the party just because JC has been democratically elected leader.

aye...

creeping privatisation of the NHS
creeping privatisation of schools
university tuition fees
war in Iraq

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:25 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
well - no! you can't win a general election if you can't get a party to elect you as leader! :conf:
Great, but it isn't an argument against someone saying Owen Smith would be far more electable in a GE as Labour leader.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.