Out, damned Spotland, I say. Rochdale (A) 27/9/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Out, damned Spotland, I say. Rochdale (A) 27/9/16

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:47 pm

I still think it's massively premature to talk about Parky being under any serious pressure. I think we've been shit every time I've seen us so far, but he's got a season at least for me. There's only so many times you can go down that road.

However, it's a pretty bad look for him that the arse has really started to fall out once he was able to bring his own players in.

Also, it pains me to say it, but I was wrong about Madine. Whatever he is (and for the most part he's a good for nothing nice person), but at least he gets in the positions where he can miss. Proctor looks like he could go months without getting a sight of goal.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 pm

What I would say though, is this nonsense about 'look where we've came from, we're lucky to have a club' is a load of shite. Expectations have got to be higher than just being happy to be here in League One. We didn't go and poach a highly rated manager from one of the promotion favourites to end up in mid-table.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:54 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I'm not advocating knee jerk reactions for the record. But I do think its harder for managers who promote a more, long ball style i guess, to ride out winless runs. Gary Megson v Owen Coyle i guess.

What worries me the most is he has attacking players, he's signed em, and yet he's loaned out wilkinson who is now scoring for fun and our lot look fecking clueless!

I dont know what a good result is for this season. I suspect most managers in this league would swap squads albeit they might mot fancy the wages of some of our poorer value players.

Like I say you can always say 'everyone would want our squad' but we've said that for years and we've consistently shown our players aren't that good.

Two key areas for me, up front and midfield. We are poor in midfield as Vela and Trotter seem knackered. Up front we miss Madine and haven't for anyone to score goals.

For all his early promise will Clough score goals in this league? I have my doubts.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:01 pm

Tombwfc wrote:What I would say though, is this nonsense about 'look where we've came from, we're lucky to have a club' is a load of shite. Expectations have got to be higher than just being happy to be here in League One. We didn't go and poach a highly rated manager from one of the promotion favourites to end up in mid-table.
And you don't think we're aiming for promotion? I'dsay most teams in this league are in the same bracket!

Gotta be a period to steady the ship though surely? We've had a torrid time for 4-5 years now. We'll be with in a shout this season IMO

2-3 years in this league I'd agree, but after a handful of games??? I can't agree with that! Long long way to go.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I'm not advocating knee jerk reactions for the record. But I do think its harder for managers who promote a more, long ball style i guess, to ride out winless runs. Gary Megson v Owen Coyle i guess.

What worries me the most is he has attacking players, he's signed em, and yet he's loaned out wilkinson who is now scoring for fun and our lot look fecking clueless!

I dont know what a good result is for this season. I suspect most managers in this league would swap squads albeit they might mot fancy the wages of some of our poorer value players.
Like I say you can always say 'everyone would want our squad' but we've said that for years and we've consistently shown our players aren't that good.

Two key areas for me, up front and midfield. We are poor in midfield as Vela and Trotter seem knackered. Up front we miss Madine and haven't for anyone to score goals.

For all his early promise will Clough score goals in this league? I have my doubts.
Consistently show which players aren't that good? Seven of eleven tonight were signed or re-signed in the summer.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Last year you could drive a coach and horses through our defence. We now look a lot tighter at the back so that's something. It's a pi55er that we still look as clueless as ever up top though
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Worse thing is the disappointment. I live next door to a plastic Scouse supporter, a very decent lad really, but it doesn't seem five minutes since I was watching us play Liverpool with him on t.v. Now, it's hard to hold the head up when we talk football. Losing to Rochdale and playing them, Bury and Fleetwood is hardly believable from where we were. Not the fault of anyone currently involved, but we need to get our pride and fight back.. Never too early to start winning....and all that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:12 am

Tonight was a real turning point. We have been poor all season but tonight the effort lacked too. Taylors reaction when he went off and the response PP for at the end. We are in a relegation battle. PP has one tactic and we do not have the players to carry it off. Any team playing us know we offer no threat and will attack us. We are in trouble. Tonight, Anderson, Trotter, Henry, Proctor, Ameobi, Wilson, Vela, Taylor all proved the they are not good enough for this level. We are in serious trouble. Most guttless performance tonight in 20 years watching BWFC

Tonge No Moor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tonge No Moor » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:35 am

Well I'd like to thank the wally, who declared to Colin Murray on talk sport after winning 3 games, that he couldn't see us losing a game all season. I choked on my butty as soon as he said it. Talk about kiss of death. I think he should be first in line to be tarred and feathered. Perhaps the players still have that mentality that certain Premier League teams (or even England) have, thinking that they can just turn up and deserve to win, based on the who we are or what we've done previously. There is a lot of lower league teams that are up for a scrap, and that makes it all the more interesting. We can't take anything for granted.
I hope PP is given time and support, as it's still early in the season, and I can't think of anyone better, that we could have attracted or afforded. Lets just hope the injuries clear up and we can start scoring some goals :o)
Some People Make things happen, Some People See things Happen, and Some People don`t know anything's happened at all.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:19 am

jetsetwilly wrote:Tonight was a real turning point. We have been poor all season but tonight the effort lacked too. Taylors reaction when he went off and the response PP for at the end. We are in a relegation battle. PP has one tactic and we do not have the players to carry it off. Any team playing us know we offer no threat and will attack us. We are in trouble. Tonight, Anderson, Trotter, Henry, Proctor, Ameobi, Wilson, Vela, Taylor all proved the they are not good enough for this level. We are in serious trouble. Most guttless performance tonight in 20 years watching BWFC
Abolutely spot on. And now those who've been gazing at the league table thinking we're good might start to get it. We are fecking rubbish. Our so called attack was an embarrassment, Anderson was dreadful and Henry showed a bit and then went missing again. Trotter was appalling, Spearing ran around but did little.
There was real anger at the final whistle today from a lot of our fans. I was pretty pissed off by what was a gutless performance. Not in terms of running but in terms of players trying to make a difference.
That's now my my 8th away defeat in a row as a fan and I'll call it quits right now because I cannot stand watching us. We are a horrible boring joke of a team. Home games, season ticket yes, away not a chance.
Tonight was a watershed for me and apparently for fans re PP from the reaction I saw. He has a reputation for boring football and so far that's what's we've seen. I hope he can evolve and become our Rioch rather than our Phil Neal.

Final whistle was interesting, angry 'WHat the fecking hell was that?!!' from the fans. Players came over Henry fecked off as soon as he got a poor reception (keep going back to wolves you lazy soft c*nt), Spearing, Clough and proctor stuck it out and kept applauding the fans. Don't know where Ameobi went, he can feck off as well. We're a brief stop on the downward slide of his moribund career.

bazingadale
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bazingadale » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:03 am

Rochdale fan here. Just wanted to share my thoughts on last night.

Very good game from start to finish. I think we did more than enough to win the game and had many chances after scored to put the game to bed.

I'm a bit disappointed by some posts on here and social media, I expected better from Bolton fans. Very little respect shown to us before or after the game, and you expected us to be a poor side and roll over because we are a "little club". We've been just outside the play offs past two seasons so we aren't a poor side. Best of luck for the season and I hope you turn things around

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:07 am

Rochdale were the better team. Wanted it more and played some decent football.

I expected us to lose and was proved right.

I honestly think we are more likely to be in a relegation battle than worrying about going up. Our only saving grace is that we are fairly tight at the back. But without a goal, we won't win many and will only drop further down the table.

Woolery out, Anderson in is looking like a shocking bit of business.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:19 am

Oh well. Only two more defeats until we win four on the bounce.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:33 am

LeverEnd wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Tonight was a real turning point. We have been poor all season but tonight the effort lacked too. Taylors reaction when he went off and the response PP for at the end. We are in a relegation battle. PP has one tactic and we do not have the players to carry it off. Any team playing us know we offer no threat and will attack us. We are in trouble. Tonight, Anderson, Trotter, Henry, Proctor, Ameobi, Wilson, Vela, Taylor all proved the they are not good enough for this level. We are in serious trouble. Most guttless performance tonight in 20 years watching BWFC
Abolutely spot on. And now those who've been gazing at the league table thinking we're good might start to get it. We are fecking rubbish. Our so called attack was an embarrassment, Anderson was dreadful and Henry showed a bit and then went missing again. Trotter was appalling, Spearing ran around but did little.
There was real anger at the final whistle today from a lot of our fans. I was pretty pissed off by what was a gutless performance. Not in terms of running but in terms of players trying to make a difference.
That's now my my 8th away defeat in a row as a fan and I'll call it quits right now because I cannot stand watching us. We are a horrible boring joke of a team. Home games, season ticket yes, away not a chance.
Tonight was a watershed for me and apparently for fans re PP from the reaction I saw. He has a reputation for boring football and so far that's what's we've seen. I hope he can evolve and become our Rioch rather than our Phil Neal.

Final whistle was interesting, angry 'WHat the fecking hell was that?!!' from the fans. Players came over Henry fecked off as soon as he got a poor reception (keep going back to wolves you lazy soft c*nt), Spearing, Clough and proctor stuck it out and kept applauding the fans. Don't know where Ameobi went, he can feck off as well. We're a brief stop on the downward slide of his moribund career.
Totally agree with Jet Set & Lever End - I purposely didn't post last night & slept on it because I was seriously annoyed last night and would probably have got into a row on here with the likes of BWFCI. The fans where angry 2nd half and was toxic, regardless of what some on here say the fans wont give him many more clueless performances like this

It was shambolic, totally outfought by Rochdale - they wanted it more & our players didn't fancy the battle, C Taylor, Wilson & Trotter where utterly clueless & Taylor wants moving out of the club for his reaction to getting shit from the fans after an awful non performance. It was as bad a game as any under Lennon & Freedman, PP's tactics are so predictable & boring - pass, pass sideways & backwards and then hoof it aimlessly 70 yards.

Its not just the fact that we can't score, we don't create enough chances & to be honest R/Dale could have had a 2nd - we could still be playing now and still wouldn't score, our midfield is the issue (inc Spearing), they are lazy & lethargic with no quality and have absolutely no desire whatsoever.....reminded me of England in the summer against Iceland, completely clueless in the oppositions half.

PP said he wants to give us a side to be proud off, but it's exactly the opposite (no effort, no desire, no quality) the fans are annoyed and if the team cant respond & play their hearts out with the backing they got 1st half last night, then this team will face another relegation battle.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:52 am

Ah, well, there's an ex-England manager available. Might cost a few bob though.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Totally agree with Jet Set & Lever End - I purposely didn't post last night & slept on it because I was seriously annoyed last night and would probably have got into a row on here with the likes of BWFCI. The fans where angry 2nd half and was toxic, regardless of what some on here say the fans wont give him many more clueless performances like this

It was shambolic, totally outfought by Rochdale - they wanted it more & our players didn't fancy the battle, C Taylor, Wilson & Trotter where utterly clueless & Taylor wants moving out of the club for his reaction to getting shit from the fans after an awful non performance. It was as bad a game as any under Lennon & Freedman, PP's tactics are so predictable & boring - pass, pass sideways & backwards and then hoof it aimlessly 70 yards.

Its not just the fact that we can't score, we don't create enough chances & to be honest R/Dale could have had a 2nd - we could still be playing now and still wouldn't score, our midfield is the issue (inc Spearing), they are lazy & lethargic with no quality and have absolutely no desire whatsoever.....reminded me of England in the summer against Iceland, completely clueless in the oppositions half.

PP said he wants to give us a side to be proud off, but it's exactly the opposite (no effort, no desire, no quality) the fans are annoyed and if the team cant respond & play their hearts out with the backing they got 1st half last night, then this team will face another relegation battle.
I didn't go last night but I've heard from friends we were awful.

Does anyone else share the belief that we're not any better, it's just the opposition are far worse??
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:23 am

No better, we are even worse. Most of the players PP has brought in look like they are in pre season mode still. Can't use the budget as an excuse as others manage e.g Rochdale, Walsall. In this league you need battlers, we have signed soft ba#@ards. I know it isn't that simple but we should have got rid of the entire squad last summer pay them off, start again. I don't think we have reached rock bottom yet. Once teams start to attack us we will be in major trouble. If I were OxfordI wouldn't bother with too many defenders on Saturday as we don't have a goal in us. At some point we will get a thumping, you can see it coming.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:35 am

I tell you again - this guy has a reall problem here. Footballs up and down but when its bad its dogshit under this guys style.

He needs to stamp out the bill big bollocks stuff quickly though.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 am

jetsetwilly wrote:No better, we are even worse. Most of the players PP has brought in look like they are in pre season mode still. Can't use the budget as an excuse as others manage e.g Rochdale, Walsall. In this league you need battlers, we have signed soft ba#@ards. I know it isn't that simple but we should have got rid of the entire squad last summer pay them off, start again. I don't think we have reached rock bottom yet. Once teams start to attack us we will be in major trouble. If I were OxfordI wouldn't bother with too many defenders on Saturday as we don't have a goal in us. At some point we will get a thumping, you can see it coming.
Again totally agree with JSW - we still lack leadership all over the pitch, the players shrink when the going gets a bit tough. Not one player regularly shows for the ball & looks like they want to get us moving, quickly with tempo - we don't have anyone to run with the ball from midfield to open up defences or even try to slide balls through for the forwards to run onto, the tactic is to try & pass (mainly sideways & backwards) for the first 25-30 mins and when that fails just hoof it, and they even do that to Clough when he's on the pitch.

Our tempo is slow, slow & then slower, there is no urgency or desire to work hard - other teams work harder & move better than our players do, we don't move the ball quick enough to worry the opposition - we give them all the time in the world to get back behind the ball - the players aren't soft in regards to tackling, they are just mentality weak and look like strangers and look like they don't know each other or don't practice together.

I expected much better from Parkinson in regards to pressing, quicker tempo, energy but there is non of this - if we were still in the championship IMO I suspect that we would be rock bottom & again IMO the only reason we are 7th is that League 1 is very poor, I also get the impression that PP hasn't got a clue how to change the way we play.

Rochdale's players outfought us, closed us down, hurried us, battled and played with passion and a will to win, that our players don't appear to have - and I suspect that the entire Rochdale starting XI collectively don't earn as much as Spearing or Pratley do individually. After a promising start that got fans believing in the team again, its quickly turning into another very disappointing season for the very long suffering supporters.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 am

Of course the opposition are worse - they generally are one division lower, apart from the odd cup upset. We weren't 3-0 down in the first 20 minutes, first game of the season, because Sheffield's strikers, on the day couldn't hit a cow's arse. The chances were good enough. I guess that's part of dropping down another division too. Strikers aren't generally as good (other than the ones that get sold to a Champ team). We weren't a Championship outfit last season, by a long, long way, we were relegated by the best part of 20 points.

Why anyone would believe that week in week out, League 1 has better players in it than the Prem, is beyond me.

As to the budget and it being an excuse (or not as the case may be) - we still weren't able to move on some very highly paid players - and those that we retained (because we couldn't move them on) are all either injured at the moment or shit. I'd have been happy to move the entire squad out in the closed season - but I doubt it would have been in any way affordable to us.