NFL

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: NFL

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Absolutely Atlanta look the real deal. Not sure beating the Broncos was a huge shock. Superbowl winners are usually broken apart bit by bit in the following seasons (aren't they?). The form of the Panthers is the big shock (I think Atlanta has defeated them this season too?) considering how good their offense was last year. The Vikings do look the real deal and that trade they made to get a new QB after the season-ending injury to their top QB shows that they think that this is their year. Fecking Minnesota. Doin it for Prince!

The Bears are still dogger, probably the worst in the NFL.
Yeah they usually are but the only thing Denver lost was Manning, and they won the Superbowl in spite of him. That defense is a monster and though they lost a piece or two I didn't expect Atlanta to carve them up that much. Yeah they beat the Panthers as well, but they look AWFUL. A mess on the defensive side of the ball and not dealing with the extra physicality teams are taking to their offense (maybe too much, given teams seem to be targeting Cam quite a bit).

Vikings look amazing, and the scary thing is Bradford now airing the ball. He's a former top pick and if he gets going then it's going to be tough to stop. All without AP as well!

Bears are indeed rubbish. Hoyer doesn't seem to be targeting Jeffrey at all with Cutler out. Bad times.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:49 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
Absolutely Atlanta look the real deal. Not sure beating the Broncos was a huge shock. Superbowl winners are usually broken apart bit by bit in the following seasons (aren't they?). The form of the Panthers is the big shock (I think Atlanta has defeated them this season too?) considering how good their offense was last year. The Vikings do look the real deal and that trade they made to get a new QB after the season-ending injury to their top QB shows that they think that this is their year. Fecking Minnesota. Doin it for Prince!

The Bears are still dogger, probably the worst in the NFL.
Yeah they usually are but the only thing Denver lost was Manning, and they won the Superbowl in spite of him. That defense is a monster and though they lost a piece or two I didn't expect Atlanta to carve them up that much. Yeah they beat the Panthers as well, but they look AWFUL. A mess on the defensive side of the ball and not dealing with the extra physicality teams are taking to their offense (maybe too much, given teams seem to be targeting Cam quite a bit).

Vikings look amazing, and the scary thing is Bradford now airing the ball. He's a former top pick and if he gets going then it's going to be tough to stop. All without AP as well!

Bears are indeed rubbish. Hoyer doesn't seem to be targeting Jeffrey at all with Cutler out. Bad times.
What's the deal with Adrian Peterson these days? I know he was suspended with very good reason but is he going to return to the game at any point?

Edit: Seems he returned last season! Nevermind!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:17 am

Yeah he's back, but on IR for the season. McKinnon looks able though, which is all they really need.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:20 am

[quote="Montreal Wanderer"

Atlanta beat my Raiders on a fluke deflection to start the season but I'm not sure beating Oakland makes one a threat. Still no one else has done it this season. :wink:[/quote]

How Oakland are 4-1 is incredible. Some crazy play calls by Blackjack Del Rio somehow coming off, and also having a fantastic, young QB and WR triumvirate makes them a very exciting side to watch. Carr, Cooper and Crabtree are going to be terrific to watch in the coming years.

Also helps when your opponents sh*t the bed at crucial points.

The same Chargers who now beat Denver last night. NFL is weird.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:32 am

Da Bears need a new QB and (and pretty much a new roster) and fast! 1-6 after a not-so-surprising defeat at the cheesedicks.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:The same Chargers who now beat Denver last night. NFL is weird.
That was streamed live on Twitter! NFL game from Twickenham today on BBC. There seems to be a lot of free-to-air NFL in the UK these days.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Big Bowel tonight. Who's gonna win it? Those Damn Patriots. Go Falcons.

MattySlug
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MattySlug » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 pm

I think I want the NE Patriots to win....
I have a few friends coming round to watch it with me, even though they all are ANTI-Sport!!! 8)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:54 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:Big Bowel tonight. Who's gonna win it? Those Damn Patriots. Go Falcons.
Close but no cigar. Falcons had it 59+ minutes. Never count Brady out in the big game.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:55 am

I went to bed after Atlanta made it 3-28 with the first score of the second half. Bit of a rude story to wake up to. Effectively won on a coin toss in over time, but it seems, too all intent and purpose, that either Atlanta stopped playing for the second half or the Patriots defense started waking up and making some stops.
To score twice after a fumble and then a pick6 and not win the game is criminal. Did Matty Ice melt?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:04 am

Five live must have banged on about this fecking nonsense around a half a dozen times on my drive in this morning, like anyone cares.

Do they bang on about the result of the FA cup final on American radio?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Five live must have banged on about this fecking nonsense around a half a dozen times on my drive in this morning, like anyone cares.

Do they bang on about the result of the FA cup final on American radio?
Just mention the score in the Sports headlines every half hour fort a day or so.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.