Visit of the Valiants. Port Vale Home...29th Oct.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Visit of the Valiants. Port Vale Home...29th Oct.

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Hola amigo, buenos tardes. Hoy, Los Blancos estan jugando Puerto Vale y estoy muy contanta ser aqui. Vamos a ver y...oh, sorry, almost got carried away there. Twilight mentioning being in Spain and all that... :oops:

Anyway, COME ON YOU WHITES....get in there...a win, a win.... :oyea: :oyea:
Ha ha nice one :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Are we coasting a bit? Can't blame us if so because they don't appear to be troubling us too much.....Bury go two down to a penalty. Goodnight them. Taylor almost feeds one on Madine, they break and Wilson clears for us. Mic chat, Bradford down at Wombleland than we sall and Zac has a soft header. Get that nailer lads, come on....kill it right off. Getting towards fifteen left and.....some scores chat....then....Taylor goes and....they clear for a throw. Talk of a sub for us? And....we sally again and.....Clough grabs it and tries to get in their. We hold it and have some possession. They clear and sally, we clear via Wilson.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Goal kick them and.....mic talk of taking Zac off before the "kamikazies" get him.....Throw us now and sounds like walk pace a bit. Right then.....Zac, Vela, not fouled but a free given away by him. Bury 3 down......( Bolton are three up, by the way) they visit and swap a few passes before we shove em back.....Defreitas beats Zac and they win a corner...and they score....3-1

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:39 pm

:twisted: :cry: Boooo all the way from Spain

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Bit of sloppy-sounding defending from Madine? there.... Free them and our clean sheet record goes and.....ref is being "pedantic" says Zico. Another free them and we don't clear well. They seem to have woken up some. Corner them and...Beevers clears. Throw them and.....Ameobi kicks the ball away and gets carded. Daft.

Here they come again and Derik clears. Zac gets chopped and then has the free. In and... cleared then Wilson, Taylor and ooooooh Madine again is in the clear and still can't score. Corner ius. Zac and....Madine heads, Ameobi keeps it in and....is given offside. We clear, they clear and sally. Goal kick us. Bury score one back.....bit late. Mic chat, then they visit again with that Defreitas chap.....Howard has it as nine mins announced. Zico spouts pearls of wisdom .....Three Taylors on the pitch now. Ameobi leaves to big applause for James Henry. Bury score again....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Madine wins a header, feed Taylor , Clough....they intercept and clear. Wilson clears for us. Get another one lads.....and Beevers has to give a way a corner with five left.....Bamber replaces Kelly for the Valients. We clerar a corner and clear again and....ohhh another close shave lets us off as Defreitas can only head weakly. Throw them and..... a chat about Taylors then....they visit again and.....they have another throw. Showing the benefits now of putting your chances away. Madine getting the good words then we get a free kick off Defreitas. And....Howrd wallops, they clear and Henry does well. Howard again and some back and forth before ....some more back and forth. Ninety seconds of normal time left.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Howard wallops and.....some micchat about....this and that. Throw them....Madine goes, three mins added and ref walks away as he get chopped. Taylor, now Zac.....Taylor (ours) wins a free and......Wheater, Henry and.....has a shot the keeper can't hold but they clear. Come on Whites, 3-1 is a fantastic result.....throw us....Wilson, they clear, we recover, they get a throw. Wheater sends one for the fans to view. Must be over soon, and it is. 3-1 us.... :pray:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:57 pm

When did they get the second goal.?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:15 pm

twilight wrote:When did they get the second goal.?
Edit...sorry, got carried away....3-1... :oops:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:40 pm

Happy.

Camper.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Every single player played well. Can't ask for more than that.

Nobody let the team down. Really hard to pick a man of the match too, which is a good sign.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:33 pm

Looks like I may of misjudged the manager.

Still, cannot go your whole life being right about everything :wink:

Cannot say I'm disappointed about being wrong this time :P

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Deryck was motm for me, but there were a few to choose from. Apparently, had we not conceded, it would have been the first 6 wins and 6 clean sheets in a row since 1912!

A fantastic win but felt sorry for Madine who worked his socks off and then missed 2 sitters. The ref bottled a second yellow for a clear late foul on Vela who had a superb game, but for once, the officials had a decent game. It'll be interesting to see whether Ameobi had run the ball over the line before our second. Vale fans were incensed.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:06 pm

First home game of the season for me, and we were awesome!! 3-1 totally flattered Port Vale. A shame Madine didn't cap another industrious performance by taking one of a number of opportunities. If he could get develop some confidence the whole team would be playing at a level above this league imo.

I think Derik performs the defensive midfield role effortlessly and faultlessly. He can do that role at a far higher level than this.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Blimey. I wasn't expecting that. I said I'd be chuffed to nick it 1-0 before the game, then 15 minutes in I'm thinking of sixes and sevens. We were as good as they were poor. Lost their discipline at three down and put in a few horrible scything fouls which led me to believe that we should have taken Clough off at H-T. We had the early part of the 2nd half too before doing that thing that every winning Wanderers side has ever done and invite bother for the closing 15 minutes or so.

BWFC-I's absolutely bang on when he said every man played well today and it's difficult to pick a motm. I actually felt sorry for Madine today (there, I've said it). He led the line well, won most of his battles but couldn't buy a goal. He still should have done better with those two headers.
Maybe the trick is to spring it upon Trotter that he's playing at 14:58 more often.
Sammy Ameobi had is best game for us (that I've seen) by an absolute mile. PV shat themselves every time he had the ball.
Deryk was was so assured in front of the CB's that if he carries on like that then Thorpe's got a right old job on in winning his place back.

When was the last time we scored three and when was the last time we won six on the spin?
May the bridges I burn light your way

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:52 pm

First time we've won 6 on the spin since 1976 according to Iles on the BEN site...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Great game, game plan worked very well. Every player to a man had a great game.

1 complaint. Our fans, moaning and complaining at 3-0 that "we seem to have lost our shape a bit" to which I whispered to my Pops "that is why they aren't professional footballers/managers"
Pfffft.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Could anyone see whether Ameobi actually ran the ball out of play in the build-up to Vela's goal?

It looked as if he did from my seat and their fans went absolutely apeshit over it.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Could anyone see whether Ameobi actually ran the ball out of play in the build-up to Vela's goal?

It looked as if he did from my seat and their fans went absolutely apeshit over it.
I'd struggle to be sat in a worse seat to see it, but I'd imagine that this is going to be a whole-of-the-ball-over-the-whole-of-the-line discussions.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:21 pm

You can see the work they've put in on Ameobi's fitness. He murdered them first half and exposed their lack of protection for their full back.

Not sure there were many negatives today. We were bound to struggle a little second half as we were so good first half but I still feel we played well. We just didn't finish off some excellent moves in the way we should have.

Trotter had a good game, but for my money for the ten minutes or so that they made a game of it second half, Spearing was a miss. Trotter doesn't seem to cope under any sort of pressure.