Visit of the Valiants. Port Vale Home...29th Oct.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Re: Visit of the Valiants. Port Vale Home...29th Oct.

Post by nelson66 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Two crackers
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -port-vale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And was it the arch villain himself who was at fault for the PV goal ????
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:32 pm

All the press reports state the game as a total domination by us. Their management seem a bit less than happy with them.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:58 am

Is that that Clough being shit again??
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:14 am

nelson66 wrote:Two crackers
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -port-vale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like Vella let the ball go by him, it then hit Madine and bounced up for the easy header. So for me the mistake was Vella's who otherwise had an excellent game.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 am

That's 3 goals from open play too.

What can we moan about?

Portrait scoreboard?
Clocks going back?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:31 am

Riviman wrote:
nelson66 wrote:Two crackers

It looks like Vella let the ball go by him, it then hit Madine and bounced up for the easy header. So for me the mistake was Vella's who otherwise had an excellent game.
Vela was holding his shoulder before the corner after a heavy challenge. They were going to take him off so think they left him on to defend the corner, which was probably the mistake as looked to me like he didn't fancy trying to head the ball.

Hope it isn't a dislocation or break as he is absolutely on fire right now. Reminds me of Mcateer the new style he's found. Literally covers every blade that lad.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:40 am

Props to Derik for the little inside pass for Clough. Most would've took the easy way and went out wide. Was good to show strength in depth in this league
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:47 am

Good of their manager who claims they gave us the first two goals. Well, er, thanks very much then....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Tidy
Time for a cup run
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:30 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Bit harsh, mate. I rarely, if ever, jump to his defence but my question has to be - how've we ended up in a situation whereby the ball's rebounding off of a centre forward in the six yard box?
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Aye, can't blame Madine there really. Looked like Vela jumped out the way, wonder if he heard a shout/
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Figuratively covers every blade that lad.
FYP

If he literally could covered every blade he'd be a roof

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:46 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Aye, can't blame Madine there really. Looked like Vela jumped out the way, wonder if he heard a shout/
Vela had hurt his shoulder just before. Think that is why he flinched out the way.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Never been a Madine fan nor will I ever be. Yesterday he did hold up the ball allowing for others to play off him but his goal attempts are very limited and for a centre forward it's worrying. Maybe I'm too critical and don't give the lad a fair assumption?

That yesterday was the best football played from a Bolton side in years and could have scored many more. Parkinson appears to have got the best from players we never thought he would. Lets hope this run continues because Scunthorpe are scoring for fun and both Bradford and Sheff U remain a threat.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Athertonian wrote:Never been a Madine fan nor will I ever be. Yesterday he did hold up the ball allowing for others to play off him but his goal attempts are very limited and for a centre forward it's worrying. Maybe I'm too critical and don't give the lad a fair assumption?

That yesterday was the best football played from a Bolton side in years and could have scored many more. Parkinson appears to have got the best from players we never thought he would. Lets hope this run continues because Scunthorpe are scoring for fun and both Bradford and Sheff U remain a threat.
I thought that they’d probably tail off as soon as Josh Morris struggled to maintain his impossibly high strike rate. I still think they might but he drew a blank yesterday and they had no trouble hitting the net four times.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:45 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
Bit harsh, mate. I rarely, if ever, jump to his defence but my question has to be - how've we ended up in a situation whereby the ball's rebounding off of a centre forward in the six yard box?
Yeah - after I watched it a couple of times again, can see that Madine wasnt first man on the near post and that Vela let it through - it sort of just hit Madine
BUT
I really can't stand Madine - so if theres muck to throw then I'm going to throw it at him
:spank:
This might read as being really negative - especially about our "leading" striker - but I just think that he is a dreadful player - one of the worst "strikers" I've ever seen
Would love to see his attempts to goals ratio

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:26 am

That's fair comment Throwaway
I do feel guilty about giving a Bolton first teamer such a hard ride, but I can't forgive him for his shiteness

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:35 am

Another day, we'd be looking at 6/7, but Madine (despite being a real handful and leading the line fantastically) is still ridiculously profligate. Wasted a few big chances.

agree that Clough should have been taken off earlier, as they were just after him as soon as they felt they'd lost the game. He was forced into a pretty poor pass to Derik that could have landed him in bother and their player decided to take a swing at him despite the fact the ball had gone. Luckily didn't catch him properly

We were great to watch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done to all. We're looking like a proper team now front-to-back with this new system and Clough, Vela and Ameobi especially are absolutely on it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:25 am

nelson66 wrote:That's fair comment Throwaway
I do feel guilty about giving a Bolton first teamer such a hard ride, but I can't forgive him for his shiteness
I mean if we accept his limitations...he's doing the job asked.

I think the goals thing is just the natural ebb and flow, he got three at the start of the season but since coming back from injury he's just missed a lot. But strikers go through these patches.

He's a better player than Proctor so until we sign a better target man, I'm happy enough with Madine doing the job he is, so long as others keep scoring.

If injuries and the like are ok come January then I'd say we simply have to use whatever resource we have to find a better striker. But it is far easier said than done nowadays.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:05 pm

I think there's a better finisher in Anderson sat on the bench, but as BWFCI will maintain, the other, more talented players in the XI won't benefit as much and that's the most important thing for me.

Madine, Vela and to an extent Ameobi are playing a certain way to help Clough find the space to get into pockets, or get into 1v1 situ's to hurt teams. It's working, so keep going
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"