Port out, starboard home? Landlocked Peterborough (A) 13/11

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Port out, starboard home? Landlocked Peterborough (A) 13/11

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Really interesting game, this. Peterborough find themselves eighth in table despite a real scatter-gun record of results so far. We've won each of our last five league games.

For me, I think that a point will be a goodun.

And you?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Port out, starboard home? Landlocked Peterborough (A) 13

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Injuries seem to be biting seriously again. So a point would be good I think. Probably our turn to lose one. The last checkatrade defeat sparked a poor run so hopefully history won't repeat itself.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:22 pm

I think the last two games, whilst everyone will say Tuesday was meaningless, have shown we have some weaknesses in the squad. We lack a goal threat without a bloke playing who hasnt scored in 9(?) and most generally don't rate, but he is a bog miss cos his replacements are even shitter. Spearings a massive miss cos it means the lump that is trotter starts. But we're still on a great run...so yeah, interesting and a point would be a decent result I think.

Madine, Derik both fit I hope. Back to the 4231.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:25 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I think the last two games, whilst everyone will say Tuesday was meaningless, have shown we have some weaknesses in the squad. We lack a goal threat without a bloke playing who hasnt scored in 9(?) and most generally don't rate, but he is a bog miss cos his replacements are even shitter. Spearings a massive miss cos it means the lump that is trotter starts. But we're still on a great run...so yeah, interesting and a point would be a decent result I think.

Madine, Derik both fit I hope. Back to the 4231.
I'm sure we'll be back to the last league starting 11.It will be a big test for Trotter to see if he's genuinely responded and improved to Parky's man management and coaching. Different challenge against a decent team away. Hope we're not carrying him again.
Madine's misses we just have to put up with. If he could add goals to the general play that's helping the team he'd be playing at a higher level, so if he's putting a shift in and helping us win that will do for me.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:11 pm

Goals. How many actual shots on goal did we have Tuesday? It surely didn't sound too many via the commentary and we seemed to be doing an awful lot of passing without actually having an end product. Are we shot shy or just unlucky?Anybody go and can provide the answer?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Goals. How many actual shots on goal did we have Tuesday? It surely didn't sound too many via the commentary and we seemed to be doing an awful lot of passing without actually having an end product. Are we shot shy or just unlucky?Anybody go and can provide the answer?
I don't think any bugger turned up to count, TD. Nothing on Beeb, Official site or Opta (the bit of it that I get a feed off) in terms of even the most basic stats..

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

Oh, errr, so in future, you need to count this stuff as you're commentating. Just in case. :grin:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Tough game for sure. They are inconsistent it seems, but having seen them a couple of times this season we should get some chances to score. They have a 17 yo kid in midfield (Lopes) who is attracting Premiership attention, and Maddison has a great left foot and is a real threat from set pieces. If we can win this, we have two very winnable home games coming up after, and Gillingham, Chesterfield and Shrewsbury in December. Big chance to cement ourselves in the top two...

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 am

Manager of the Month curse to hit hard.
We're on the box. I expect a compact performance and if we don't lose - brilliant.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Talking about Thorpe being back? Hik and Derik in the middle sounds quite defensive, but it would mean no Trotter...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Talking about Thorpe being back? Hik and Derik in the middle sounds quite defensive, but it would mean no Trotter...
Think him and Thorpe would be decent away from home. Wonder if there is an off chance of Spearing being back in though? Was hinted his injury wasn't as bad as first feared.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:32 pm

Hope Mrs Beckham doesn't complain at us calling them Posh. She did at one time, thinking she had sole rights to the name....anyway, a win here would be just the ticket for a happy weekend so let's have one. 2-0 would be very nice.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:32 pm

That'll teach me to spend time looking for the score on the wrong day. What's all that about, then? We on tellybox or something?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:That'll teach me to spend time looking for the score on the wrong day. What's all that about, then? We on tellybox or something?
We are, and a 12-15 kick off...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:That'll teach me to spend time looking for the score on the wrong day. What's all that about, then? We on tellybox or something?
We are, and a 12-15 kick off...
Cheers TD.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:18 am

Howard, Beevers, Vela, Clough, Madine, Trotter, A Taylor, Ameobi, Wheater, Wilson, Thorpe.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:59 am

TonyDomingos wrote:Howard, Beevers, Vela, Clough, Madine, Trotter, A Taylor, Ameobi, Wheater, Wilson, Thorpe.
Good to see Thorpe back in the Warhurst/Campo role. Just a shame that he'll be playing the easy ball to Trotter for him to complicate.
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:08 pm

working fine for me

http://firstrow1us.eu/soccer/peterborou ... -frf147236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 pm

What a simpleton! Broken hand for Howard?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:39 pm

Poor opening 20 minutes and Howard having to go off with a daft injury. Midfield currently being bypassed
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"