Hello! Can you help a Bolton Am/Dram Group?

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

StPhilipsAODS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hello! Can you help a Bolton Am/Dram Group?

Post by StPhilipsAODS » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Chris, I volunteer at St Philips AODS (Amateur Operatic and Drama Society).
As we're one of the oldest drama societies in Bolton, and indeed the region, I hope you won't mind me joining in the chat.

I must confess I'm also joining to see if anyone might be able to help us.
Until November 2015, we were based in St Philips church hall (hence the name) on Bridgeman Street, Bolton.
The church decided to close the venue, and the church and sell up, which has forced us to find a new home.
Thankfully we have been able to use Commerce House in Bolton for performances, but all the props and costumes which we have accumulated over the decades are going to be lost.

The Church have said we need everything out by January, which has given us a very limited amount of time to find anywhere we could store all, or even some of our materials.
Unfortunately, we're fairly low on funds and trying to find somewhere to host a show or even any fundraising event, for free is becoming more and more complicated.

This is where I'm hoping some of you, any of you!, might be able to help.

Do you know of anyone or anywhere in the Bolton area which could be willing to help us store some of our items?

Through no fault of our own, we find ourselves in this rather complicated situation. The clock is ticking and we're really hopeful someone will be able to help.
If you can, please get in touch with us on here, on Twitter - @StPhilipsAODS or e-mail us via our website.

Thank you very much for letting us join and we hope to hear from you soon!

A bit of further reading for you all should you wish!
http://www.stphilipsbolton.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/leisure/ ... new_venue/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Incidentally, should anyone feel like treading the boards, we're always looking for more members! Get in touch!
Thanks,

Chris

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hello! Can you help a Bolton Am/Dram Group?

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:08 pm

If you have a Mickey Mouse outfit, Liam Trotter should be able to give it a good home.

Hope you get something sorted.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hello! Can you help a Bolton Am/Dram Group?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:47 pm

StPhilipsAODS wrote: Incidentally, should anyone feel like treading the boards, we're always looking for more members! Get in touch!
Thanks,
Only if you're doing Withnail & I, and I get to play Uncle Monty :)

Have you approached The Bridge Church? It'd be perfect for an AODS.
May the bridges I burn light your way