Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 pm

If I may be so bold, I believe we need a transfer thread for the rumours and activity in the January Transfer Window.

For us it may be the case of the less rumours the better, apart from Ameobi ones that is, as hanging on to our best players is surely key to any promotion ambitions we have this season.

Anyway, discuss:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 pm

A couple of transfers relevant to us I noted:

Sheffield United sign midfielder Samir Carruthers from MK Dons for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be £250k)
Bradford sign striker Alex Jones from Birmingham for an undisclosed fee. He has been on loan at Port Vale this season and scored 10 in 21.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Transfer of Deano's shares to Ken would be a good starting point.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 pm

And transfer of the overdue accounts from deloitte to the football league.

We have space for two loanees now.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Charlton £11mil in the bank as well, any danger of them spending it on a promotionpush?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:22 am

officer_dibble wrote:And transfer of the overdue accounts from deloitte to the football league.

We have space for two loanees now.
Nixon is reporting that we're back in for Le Fondre on loan. I don't know how that's going to work with him being on a season-long loan at Wigan, although they might not be against sending him back I suppose as I don't think he's getting much game time there.

His rumoured big wages might also make it unlikely, of course.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:25 am

Nicko58 wrote:Nixon is reporting that we're back in for Le Fondre on loan. I don't know how that's going to work with him being on a season-long loan at Wigan, although they might not be against sending him back I suppose as I don't think he's getting much game time there.

"Hi Cardiff, it's Bolton. You know how we asked you to take Ben Amos and most of his enormous wages? Hope that's working out for you, but moving swiftly on: Is it alright if we take Adam Le Fondre but none of his enormous wages?"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:07 pm

ACTUAL NEWS KLAXON

Official: "#BWFC are pleased to announce the Club have extended James Henry's loan deal from @OfficialWolves until the end of the season."

More details here; he is available for tomorrow's game.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:19 pm

This thread should be embargoed
:P
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Some reports saying Scunny are also in for ALF, and will happily buy him now rather than loaning him. That would better suit Cardiff, if they're after lowering the wage bill. Might be another Juke-to-Burnley job... or indeed ALF-to-Wolves.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 pm

ALF has to agree of course. Let's hope he doesn't. I think it between us and Scunthorpe for 2nd largely because Sheff utd have a goalscorer in Billy Sharp.
I did notice that lee Anderson retweeted a request by a fan to sign ALF but I'm.nit holding my breath.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:15 am

LeverEnd wrote:ALF has to agree of course. Let's hope he doesn't. I think it between us and Scunthorpe for 2nd largely because Sheff utd have a goalscorer in Billy Sharp.
I did notice that lee Anderson retweeted a request by a fan to sign ALF but I'm.nit holding my breath.
If you say so. :lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:Nixon is reporting that we're back in for Le Fondre on loan. I don't know how that's going to work with him being on a season-long loan at Wigan, although they might not be against sending him back I suppose as I don't think he's getting much game time there.

"Hi Cardiff, it's Bolton. You know how we asked you to take Ben Amos and most of his enormous wages? Hope that's working out for you, but moving swiftly on: Is it alright if we take Adam Le Fondre but none of his enormous wages?"
:lol:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:18 am

I can't see this happening as I'm not sure that we could afford his wages, unless Cardiff help us out....but Le Fondre would probably guarantee us automatic promotion. We are desperately short of that bit of class & nous in the box, but then PP would have to change the way we play because I can only see him as an alternative to Madine and it's pointless launching the ball to Le Fondre's head like he does with Madine.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:21 am

Peter Thompson wrote:I can't see this happening as I'm not sure that we could afford his wages, unless Cardiff help us out....but Le Fondre would probably guarantee us automatic promotion. We are desperately short of that bit of class & nous in the box, but then PP would have to change the way we play because I can only see him as an alternative to Madine and it's pointless launching the ball to Le Fondre's head like he does with Madine.
Agree PT, I think we are totally skint, cant see Anderson putting anyone else on the wage bill, unless we are letting someone go ! :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Peter Thompson wrote: it's pointless launching the ball to Le Fondre's head like he does with Madine.
More often than not it's pointless launching the ball to Madine's head too. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I can't see this happening as I'm not sure that we could afford his wages, unless Cardiff help us out....but Le Fondre would probably guarantee us automatic promotion. We are desperately short of that bit of class & nous in the box, but then PP would have to change the way we play because I can only see him as an alternative to Madine and it's pointless launching the ball to Le Fondre's head like he does with Madine.
I'd like to think that Parky would have more sense than to launch it at Le Fondre's head. If we do manage to get him, then he's probably better as an option on the bench to start off with. If we're then chasing a goal, we can bring off Thorpe (or whoever happens to be playing alongside to Spearing) and stick him up top with Madine.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:31 pm

The "Would, or how would ALF fit in?" question is very prominent in the BEN Matchday live and Twitter just now.

Instinctively I feel he wouldn't and am doubtful if he is the same player as 2-3 years ago, given his non-goalscoring returns over the last two years, and inability to get into a non-scoring Wigan side this year. However, having a natural scorer in the squad can't do any harm, and one has to trust Parky to use him effectively. So on that basis, I am in :)

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:42 pm

A cursory internet search suggests that his wages are £16k a week and that he's out of contract in a few months. If we met half his salary for the next four months, then that's a £130k-ish investment. Would Ken take the gamble?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:25 pm

He'd bag a hatfull = certain promotion bit of extra money for Cardiff! everyone's a winner
!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience