What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 am

General Mannerheim wrote:La La Land last night, la la loved it!! didnt thinkit would be my cuppa but was completely compelled, grin fixed and foot tapping throughout.

last few weeks been to see Monster Calls and Fantastic Beasts too. both also ace!!
Did you see Fantastic Beasts at IMAX, GM? Saw it before Christmas was visually stunning on IMAX.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Can anyone recommend a good TV series for me and Mrs D. Watched Bosch, Line of Duty, Game of Thrones (Loved it), The Missing and Homeland last year and liked them all. Night Manager was OK I suppose. Watched the first series of Breaking Bad but I got a bit bored TBH. Gives you a bit of an idea of my viewing tastes.

Thinking possibly West Wing, Prison Break, Orange is the New Black or something similar.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:24 pm

malcd1 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good TV series for me and Mrs D. Watched Bosch, Line of Duty, Game of Thrones (Loved it), The Missing and Homeland last year and liked them all. Night Manager was OK I suppose. Watched the first series of Breaking Bad but I got a bit bored TBH. Gives you a bit of an idea of my viewing tastes.

Thinking possibly West Wing, Prison Break, Orange is the New Black or something similar.

Orange is the New Black is highly recommended

Also Narcos on Netflix - the Pablo Escobar story. Nearly finished Season 2 (don't think there'll be a third) :grin:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
malcd1 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good TV series for me and Mrs D. Watched Bosch, Line of Duty, Game of Thrones (Loved it), The Missing and Homeland last year and liked them all. Night Manager was OK I suppose. Watched the first series of Breaking Bad but I got a bit bored TBH. Gives you a bit of an idea of my viewing tastes.

Orange is the New Black is highly recommended

Also Narcos on Netflix - the Pablo Escobar story. Nearly finished Season 2 (don't think there'll be a third) :grin:
Cheers GtE. Might give Orange is the New Black a go tonight.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Been watching the Blacklist (on Sky) for a while now - really good, although there are about 3,418 episodes.......

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:07 pm

I love the West Wing, it's a bit saccharine at times, but brilliant; probably comforting to watch it now given whose in the actual West Wing.

Started watching Prison Break with the missus, we're currently near the end of S2. Loved S1, not sure about this one!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:45 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:La La Land last night, la la loved it!! didnt thinkit would be my cuppa but was completely compelled, grin fixed and foot tapping throughout.

last few weeks been to see Monster Calls and Fantastic Beasts too. both also ace!!
It was alright but horrendously overrated by the critics. 14 nominations ffs

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Interesting, General. It looks to me to be the sort of thing that if, say, a bunch of us from work were all going to see it, I'd find something that needed doing urgently and work late instead.
May the bridges I burn light your way

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Yep, seen both Monster Calls and Fantastic Beasts and enjoyed them, must admit hadnt read the story on Monster Calls and I was choking back the tears at the end (softie I am!)

Can't say though that I fancy La La Land, it's the title putting me off....

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 pm

Five episodes into Stranger Things on Netflix. Don't watch a lot of telly, but this is bloody ace. Shame there's only 3 episodes left.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Five episodes into Stranger Things on Netflix. Don't watch a lot of telly, but this is bloody ace. Shame there's only 3 episodes left.

New series this year. You're welcome.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:25 am

There are loads of brilliant stand-up shows on Netflix. Stuck on Bill Burr's "I'm sorry you feel that way". I enjoyed it, safe to say the girl did *not*.

Check out Anthony Jeselnik is my recco.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:40 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:Five episodes into Stranger Things on Netflix. Don't watch a lot of telly, but this is bloody ace. Shame there's only 3 episodes left.
i remember thinking it was bloody ace at about 5 episodes in too. wasnt quite as enthusiastic after 8! :roll:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:51 am

twilight wrote:

Yep, seen both Monster Calls and Fantastic Beasts and enjoyed them, must admit hadnt read the story on Monster Calls and I was choking back the tears at the end (softie I am!)

Can't say though that I fancy La La Land, it's the title putting me off....
Kermode said Monster Calls was a guaranteed tear jerker, which i accepted as a challenge! i was a bit put out by how un-moved i was during the majority but it does thump you in the esophagus at the end!! was great see Rammy and other local areas to me on the big screen too!!

Honestly La La Land is incredible. just a big tasty feast for your eyes! it still hasnt left my head two days later. that opening sequence! just great. will probably go see it again with the mrs... definitely wont be the same on the TV.

The trouble with films that have all this praise and awards is that you build them up in your head which tends to lead to being a bit disappointed! i didnt really fancy it either but had to see what the fuss was about and it won we over.

amazing you can stick spotify on and listen to a films soundtrack on the way home form the flicks these days too!!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:45 am

in stark contrast to La La Land, i noticed I Daniel Blake was finally 'available' to watch last night. been desperate to see it so i stopped what i was doing and stuck it on.

In a word, grim! classic Ken Loach, masterclass in acting, political, powerful, moving with a tiny dash of laughs. top film. no anamorphic colour palettes or huge dance numbers on an LA flyover here!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:05 am

Last night's telly awards - Best Comedy - Mrs Brown's Boys.

What a time of slim pickings we live in.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Last night's telly awards - Best Comedy - Mrs Brown's Boys.

Brings it home and makes you realise what we lost in Les Dawson, Eric Morecambe, Ronnie Barker, Arthur Lowe and co
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:in stark contrast to La La Land, i noticed I Daniel Blake was finally 'available' to watch last night. been desperate to see it so i stopped what i was doing and stuck it on.

In a word, grim! classic Ken Loach, masterclass in acting, political, powerful, moving with a tiny dash of laughs. top film. no anamorphic colour palettes or huge dance numbers on an LA flyover here!
Feels wrong saying it since it was so grim, but I loved it. Loach has it absolutely on the money. First film in 2017 to make me cry :oops:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:in stark contrast to La La Land, i noticed I Daniel Blake was finally 'available' to watch last night. been desperate to see it so i stopped what i was doing and stuck it on.

Feels wrong saying it since it was so grim, but I loved it. Loach has it absolutely on the money. First film in 2017 to make me cry :oops:
The food bank scene? tough to watch that bit!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Last night's telly awards - Best Comedy - Mrs Brown's Boys.

im beginning to think it must be some kind of new wave highbrow satirical masterpiece that my intellect cannot handle!?