Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Holdsworth's response / statement will cause (IMO) all out war in the boardroom.

This will without doubt end up in court....
You mean Ken and his missis will have a row?

Don't be daft.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Holdsworth's response / statement will cause (IMO) all out war in the boardroom.

There has been all out war in the boardroom from month one. I did tell you this at the time but you claimed it was all made up bullshit.....
I thought we hadn't got a board as such? :conf: merely co-owners who it seems had different ideas of how to progress.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm

There are some serious allegations in Holdsworth's statement - if he can't back these allegations up, then I suspect KA will have him in court

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm

http://www.sportsshield.co.uk/bwfc/resp ... formation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

There has been all out war in the boardroom from month one. I did tell you this at the time but you claimed it was all made up bullshit.....
I thought we hadn't got a board as such? :conf: merely co-owners who it seems had different ideas of how to progress.
They were the 'board' until Ken appointed his wife. Which Dean alleges wasn't done properly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Last season we saw how the uncertainty affected the whole club including the players.

The club needed to be pulling together then we get this. You can't expect a winning team with all this in the background.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Oh dear.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Not the first time it's been said Ken has taken back everything he's put in - it was suggested in a Marc Iles piece pre-Christmas (though I guess that information could've also come from Deano).

I guess we all knew this is how it'd end up, given DH's inexperience, Ken's past and the fact neither have the money to run a football club.
Bolton Wanderers new chairman Ken Anderson, a former football agent, was disqualified as a company director from 2005 until 2013 for transgressions including diverting company funds into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies and failure to cooperate with receivers. The Football League say Anderson passed their owners and directors test because his sentence has been served
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Realistically what are the potential ways out of this situation? Assuming DH/KA won't get amicable any time soon, a protracted court case will mean more years of embargo. Without being able to operate properly in the transfer market, we've got no chance of being competitive. Without promotion, we've no chance of becoming profitable. We'll go through year after year of asset stripping.

Is someone coming in and throwing money at the owners the only chance we've got?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:22 pm

We can but hope that Parky can keep focussed during this mess and keep his players the same way. I'm wondering just how other clubs are feeling about Bolton right now with this latest dirty underwear revelation? If ever there was a time needed for some pulling together, then surely it's now. None of this is much use to anyone and from what's being currently said, it's seeming unlikely for handshakes at dawn. Worrying is hardly the word.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Oh I'm not worrying about two rich blokes having a war of words. Cant be arsed. There will always be a Bolton. We might be in league one for a while yet though!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:42 pm

jimbo wrote:Realistically what are the potential ways out of this situation? Assuming DH/KA won't get amicable any time soon, a protracted court case will mean more years of embargo. Without being able to operate properly in the transfer market, we've got no chance of being competitive. Without promotion, we've no chance of becoming profitable. We'll go through year after year of asset stripping.

Is someone coming in and throwing money at the owners the only chance we've got?
Blumarble have a loan secured against club assets. DH can't sell his shares without blumarble agreement. DH agreed a deal with KA and that hit the issue of Blumarble.

One might speculate that the club assets blumarble have secured against an increasing loan are of greater value to them than any sale and settlement...possibly....

In short, I'm not convinced there is a way out.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:45 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Oh I'm not worrying about two rich blokes having a war of words. Cant be arsed. There will always be a Bolton. We might be in league one for a while yet though!
Yup.
Overreactive panicking like a six year old girl isn't going to change anything.
Be reet.
Businesswoman of the year.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:53 pm

The only close comparison would be Northampton from last season. They did still manage to get promoted despite players not being paid on time, winding up orders and financial mismanagement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-36342097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:03 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Oh I'm not worrying about two rich blokes having a war of words. Cant be arsed. There will always be a Bolton. We might be in league one for a while yet though!
Yup.
Overreactive panicking like a six year old girl isn't going to change anything.
Be reet.
I fecking hope so,

I've paid for 2 years to run this site so there better be a reason to fecking whinge.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 pm

:box: :box: :box: It will all end in tears!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm

DJBlu wrote:I've paid for 2 years to run this site so there better be a reason to fecking whinge.
Cue Keveh releasing a statement denying that... :D :? :(

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

11 minutes to claim you were right all along. You're slacking fella.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:41 am

I think this sorry mess will end up in court. I believe Deano has always had the interests of the club at heart but lacks the resources and maybe nous. Ken I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him.

We started the season with funding in place to see us through to the end of the season if we believe the EFL following their criteria to sanction the sale. We also sold Holding which should have boosted the coffers by 1-2m up front with future possible payments. Since then we've had late payments and lack of cash to pay bills and players. Even allowing for a few things being uncovered after sale, I don't believe for 1 second that the Blu Marble, Macron and other major contracts weren't seen in due diligence and included in the forecasting submitted to the EFL.

Something not right to me.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:43 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I think this sorry mess will end up in court. I believe Deano has always had the interests of the club at heart but lacks the resources and maybe nous. Ken I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him.

We started the season with funding in place to see us through to the end of the season if we believe the EFL following their criteria to sanction the sale. We also sold Holding which should have boosted the coffers by 1-2m up front with future possible payments. Since then we've had late payments and lack of cash to pay bills and players. Even allowing for a few things being uncovered after sale, I don't believe for 1 second that the Blu Marble, Macron and other major contracts weren't seen in due diligence and included in the forecasting submitted to the EFL.

Something not right to me.
Blumarble wasn't seen in DD. It was executed on the same day as the takeover... 10 March, Club Sold --> 10 March - Blumarble Charge Signed. So it's more about whether Ken and Deano did any sort of DD on each other, to check for crabs before jumping in the pit.