Summer Holidays

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer Holidays

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:35 pm

I'm off to Ecuador in 12 hours, where it is always Summer. I'm going to Quito (the only large city actually on the equator) at about 10,000 feet so have to take pills for altitude sickness prevention. We are going to stay with my wife's ex-husband which could be interesting. So far as I know the divorce was relatively amicable and long ago so things may go okay. He retired there because his money goes a long way. His house has five bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, a lift, and two servants to look after the place. Or so he says. I could be in for a terrible shock. Any road, I doubt I will be on TW too much until March.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:29 pm

^ Wow! Well jel Monty - Quito that is, not the accommodation arrangements! Enjoy and good luck!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Spent last weekend in Benalmadena,Friday to Monday,bed,brekkie and evening meal at an all inclusive resort with hotel transfers, For £274 for me and the wench it was bang on!!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:21 am

jonnycooper wrote:Spent last weekend in Benalmadena,Friday to Monday,bed,brekkie and evening meal at an all inclusive resort with hotel transfers, For £274 for me and the wench it was bang on!!
good times... Stark 92!?

seriously, we were about to spend more than that for one night at a hotel near skipton! who was that deal with??

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Spent last weekend in Benalmadena,Friday to Monday,bed,brekkie and evening meal at an all inclusive resort with hotel transfers, For £274 for me and the wench it was bang on!!
good times... Stark 92!?

seriously, we were about to spend more than that for one night at a hotel near skipton! who was that deal with??
I ended up booking it through Hays travel,although initially found it on travel zoo!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 am

Last minute booking, off to Cyprus on Wednesday :D

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 am
Last minute booking, off to Cyprus on Wednesday :D
Tosser! :evil:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:21 pm

struggling for ideas this year. where can you get the all inclusive package beach holiday type affair but without the chavvy football shirt brexit mob?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 pm

How far and how much are you willing to go to?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:21 pm
struggling for ideas this year. where can you get the all inclusive package beach holiday type affair but without the chavvy football shirt brexit mob?
Anywhere further away and consequently more expensive. Caribbean? Maldives? Mauritius?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm

im thinking 4 or 5 hours max with the 3yr old...?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:24 pm

You can get fairly cheap all-inclusive deals in the Dominican Republic and, slightly more, Cuba. I tend to prefer the Mexican Mayan Riviera (better food and more to do).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:24 pm
You can get fairly cheap all-inclusive deals in the Dominican Republic and, slightly more, Cuba. I tend to prefer the Mexican Mayan Riviera (better food and more to do).
Mexico is long flight time from here Monty. Fairly sure the other two are 8 hours. Mexico is 10 - which tends to drive the cost up to eyewatering, although if you can go out of school holidays then get some good deals :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm
im thinking 4 or 5 hours max with the 3yr old...?
Yeah, all inclusive is tougher in those circumstances. Thomson/First Choice have some 'sensatori' hotels (only a handful mind) that offer a more premium AI type beach holiday and some of those are in Europe. They aren't that cheap mind. Though not extortionate either.

Frankly I'd be tempted to go further for AI as the packages and what you get are so good in the Caribbean/Mexico that they probably end up better value. Though depends on 3 year old's patience.

What I'd say is that if they like films, nowadays you can easily stick em in front of a couple of films and you're not far off by that time. Having said that each to their own.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mexico is long flight time from here Monty. Fairly sure the other two are 8 hours. Mexico is 10 - which tends to drive the cost up to eyewatering, although if you can go out of school holidays then get some good deals :-)
It is expensive, but as you say, out of school holidays isn't too bad. What you get in Mexico for your money is IMHO far better value than what you'd get in Europe. For this sort of AI holiday - if you want a European resort on a bed and breakfast basis or bed only there are some amazing deals. Depends what you want.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:32 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
It is expensive, but as you say, out of school holidays isn't too bad. What you get in Mexico for your money is IMHO far better value than what you'd get in Europe. For this sort of AI holiday - if you want a European resort on a bed and breakfast basis or bed only there are some amazing deals. Depends what you want.
Yeah - reason I started going to Mexico was it was no different in cost than Greece...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 pm

we have gone in private villas last couple of years, they were great but i really hated laying out cash all the time, either at the supermarket or at a restaurant, especially feeding kids, who neither want or appreciate it! i realise that sounds tight, maybe i am, but it was making me not enjoy myself! AIl inc takes all that stress away. i also kind of miss the hustle and bustle of a hotel, the activity, gets a bit too quiet in them villas.

looking at Sensatori!! remember a few years ago we were on a transfer in Tenerife that dropped a few punters off there - looked amazing!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Sensimar, Atlantica Bay Hotel Limassol, Cyprus, Adults only, superb.

One slight drawback is they are building a large hotel about 200m away but tbh the work never bothered us, I honestly could not recommend this hotel enough from the time you arrive at check in to departing everything is served up on a plate for you.

AI and the best food drinks you will ever have in a AI hotel the a la carte is top drawer.

Indoor/outdoor pool, free inside and outside well equipped gyms, tennis courts, spa (at additional cost) low key entertainment piano in lounge bar with odd act in ballroom) will defo go again.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:52 pm

:shock: 3 year old adults?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:54 pm

I am going all inclusive to Croatia (Brac Island) later in the year. Fairly reasonable considering it is supposedly a 4 Star hotel. Good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Might be worth checking out Croatia.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.