Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Last night was Black Sabbath at the 02.

Bad traffic and a bloody long walk from the car park (which cost £33! meant we missed the support, Rival Sons.

However the concert was great. Ozzy was on form with a few classics from the back catalogue dredged up.

1 and 3/4 hours was too short and I wish they'd done more than a 1 song encore but if this is to be The End then I'm happy that was the epitaph.
They did three for us last week!

Great do. As an aside, as you do on Facebook, got asked "do you want to write a review" etc. I logged on to see what folks were saying, and they generally ran like this...

"Great gig, pricey beer BUT people spoiled it by standing up dancing with air guitars".... I mean, really, at a Sabbath gig? Who would have though that might happen? Dickwads.

I can only think it was the 10.00 pm curfew at the 02 that did for us.

As for standing up and headbanging? Would take a brave man to do that where we were sat up in the gods! It's so bloody steep up there.
Started out up there...in the Gods... Didn't like the view. :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote: "Great gig, pricey beer BUT people spoiled it by standing up dancing with air guitars".... I mean, really, at a Sabbath gig? Who would have though that might happen? Dickwads.
:lol: Got SLF on 25/3. I've been going since 1981 and I'm hoping that this one will finally be the gig where people don't feel the need to jump about and slam into one and other. They just ruin it for everyone else. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Octagon tonight for what seems like the first time in ages. Still, I suppose that they have to cash in on the Christmas run.

Educating Rita. Really looking forward to it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Well, I'm after some advice....Has anybody had a meal on a steam train? Can anybody recommend a decent one? It's for my son's 18th Birthday (he has asked for this), but not sure what and where to book?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 pm

There seems to be a few...but looking at the prices, you might want to be sat down first...

http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-tr ... pa-express" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dunno if they're any good.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Going nowhere tonight, or probably for a few nights. Got a real humdinger of a cough, cold and sore throat. Came out of nowhere yesterday and it isn't fun at all. On top of that. spent over four hours in A & E on thursday after the wife's leg collapsed on a walk, not the one she's just had a knee replacement on, the other one. Me and a neighbour had to almost carry her home and then had had to ring for advice, got told to ring for the ambulance and now she's wearing what's called a "cricket-splint?" and it looks like she may need a replacement on that one too. Don't anybody call the NHS staff to me, they've been absolutely marvelous with her right through. By all means call the Government who have the local councils making cuts.

The week won't end well either, because the wifes nephew and his Mrs are coming over from York on Saturday and will land right on match time. He isn't a football fan (ex copper) so I probably will miss the whole game. Some folk have no sense of occasion..... :roll:

:wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:54 pm

twilight wrote:Well, I'm after some advice....Has anybody had a meal on a steam train? Can anybody recommend a decent one? It's for my son's 18th Birthday (he has asked for this), but not sure what and where to book?
At the age of 18 I had to get my own chuffing dinner.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:There seems to be a few...but looking at the prices, you might want to be sat down first...

http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-tr ... pa-express" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dunno if they're any good.
Thanks Worthy. Yeah they do seem expensive. Was just hoping someone might have come across one that was reasonable.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Going nowhere tonight, or probably for a few nights. Got a real humdinger of a cough, cold and sore throat. Came out of nowhere yesterday and it isn't fun at all. On top of that. spent over four hours in A & E on thursday after the wife's leg collapsed on a walk, not the one she's just had a knee replacement on, the other one. Me and a neighbour had to almost carry her home and then had had to ring for advice, got told to ring for the ambulance and now she's wearing what's called a "cricket-splint?" and it looks like she may need a replacement on that one too. Don't anybody call the NHS staff to me, they've been absolutely marvelous with her right through. By all means call the Government who have the local councils making cuts.

The week won't end well either, because the wifes nephew and his Mrs are coming over from York on Saturday and will land right on match time. He isn't a football fan (ex copper) so I probably will miss the whole game. Some folk have no sense of occasion..... :roll:

That sounds tough luck for your Wife Tango :( Hope she's ok soon

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:36 pm

^ Cheers Twighlight, better done now than later I suppose. Thanks for the good wishes.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:26 am

twilight wrote:Well, I'm after some advice....Has anybody had a meal on a steam train? Can anybody recommend a decent one? It's for my son's 18th Birthday (he has asked for this), but not sure what and where to book?

Bit far but I went on a beer and Steam train do just before Christmas. It was from Alton Station in Hampshire. Goes between 4 stations and you can go up and down the track all night. First pint free then £2.00 after that. Choice of 4 real ales.

We then went for a curry in Alton. Stayed classy. :grin:

It's called the 'Watercress Line'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:33 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Bit far but I went on a beer and Steam train do just before Christmas. It was from Alton Station in Hampshire. Goes between 4 stations and you can go up and down the track all night. First pint free then £2.00 after that. Choice of 4 real ales.

I've seen you do that one, just trying to find the right tube line! :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:36 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

(F'cough) :mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:38 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Going nowhere tonight, or probably for a few nights. Got a real humdinger of a cough, cold and sore throat. Came out of nowhere yesterday and it isn't fun at all. On top of that. spent over four hours in A & E on thursday after the wife's leg collapsed on a walk, not the one she's just had a knee replacement on, the other one. Me and a neighbour had to almost carry her home and then had had to ring for advice, got told to ring for the ambulance and now she's wearing what's called a "cricket-splint?" and it looks like she may need a replacement on that one too. Don't anybody call the NHS staff to me, they've been absolutely marvelous with her right through. By all means call the Government who have the local councils making cuts.

Sorry to hear that TD. Hope she's up and about soon. Same with you.

And I couldn't agree more about the NHS. My wife had a funny episode last time we were up and they couldn't have been more helpful.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Cheers Gary. From this mornng's phone call by the doctor, looking like she'll soon be back in for the other knee op. Gee, how I hate hospital visiting... :( :wink:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

:D Cheers GtE,. He wants the meal on the train though, but thanks for the info, appreciate it

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:58 pm

twilight wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

:D Cheers GtE,. He wants the meal on the train though, but thanks for the info, appreciate it

:shock: :conf: Well that's just rude!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 pm

What did I say wrong GtE?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:10 pm

twilight wrote:What did I say wrong GtE?
T'was meant for me and the quotes got a bit mixed up... :-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 pm

twilight wrote:What did I say wrong GtE?

Nothing. Just the way your quote mixed with Worthy's.

:D