What is left of Burnden?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

What is left of Burnden?

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Just noticed for sale on eBay some seats from Burnden. Bit steep at £250 for 4 rusting seats. Just wondered if anyone had any seats, crush barriers etc. And what value you put on them. I'd love some bit was at uni when we moved and couldn't afford to buy. Wouldn't mind crush barrier or seats in decent nick

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Re: What is left of Burnden?

Post by jonnybwfc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Not Burden-related, but I bought a dugout chair from the Reebok a few years ago. It was when Reebok ended their sponsorship, and since the seats had the Reebok logo, the club auctioned about 40 of them on ebay.

The father-in-law attached some wheels on the bottom and turned it into a desk chair for the office. I don't have an office, so it's only been sat in once. Think it's on the balcony right now.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:52 am

£600!!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolton-Wander ... Sw1DtXD8H3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:17 pm

I went to the auction with my Dad (which must've been about 20 years ago now, ffs).

We came away with two sets of three plastic turquoise seats - I think they were from the dugout area (which would explain why they were in sections of three) but same colour as the Lever End seats. Can't remember if we took them away on the day or had to go back for them, but bear in mind we live in Edinburgh so were bombing up the M6 at some point with six seats strapped to the roof rack. :)

We also got the 'A' from the BOLTON WANDERERS FC signage on the west stand and one of a load of footballs that were up for grabs. We bid blind for this and when we got our hands on it discovered it was a piece of scabby, deflated shit - like a ball you played with as a kid which your mum then finds buried under the leylandii 10 years later. But hey ho. :lol:

I can't remember what we paid (well, what my Dad paid) for it all tbh. Very very roughly I'd say the seats were no more than 80 or 90 quid for each set. The signage letter was maybe somewhere between 40 and 70 quid, and the football 20 quid or so.

My Dad's still got it all. The 'A' is up in his spare room/office and they bolted the seats onto a couple of concrete slabs to be brought out in the summer.

If anyone wants to buy the football for two grand or so I'm happy to act as an agent between the parties. 8)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Would appreciate a bit of help on this. Dug up this whilst sorting out some items. I put it up years ago but was told I had the date wrong. Not sure why, but somebody commented on the jackets worn by other being later than 1979. That's me in the trendy white anorak that I based my memory on, but if anybody can pinpoint the time I'd be obliged and change it on the pic. It's a Burnden memory so I'd like it right.

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:47 pm
Would appreciate a bit of help on this. Dug up this whilst sorting out some items. I put it up years ago but was told I had the date wrong. Not sure why, but somebody commented on the jackets worn by other being later than 1979. That's me in the trendy white anorak that I based my memory on, but if anybody can pinpoint the time I'd be obliged and change it on the pic. It's a Burnden memory so I'd like it right.

Can't be specific but I'd say that's 90s. If I recall correctly, that white fascia with the big Great Lever sign (and others) came in during Rioch's time, or possibly late Neal. Also, when did we start getting casualwear stuff designed by Reebok (like the person on the left)?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:56 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Can't be specific but I'd say that's 90s. If I recall correctly, that white fascia with the big Great Lever sign (and others) came in during Rioch's time, or possibly late Neal. Also, when did we start getting casualwear stuff designed by Reebok (like the person on the left)?
We had the training gear from about 1992 onwards so I'd say around then.
soccer-fa-cup-6th-round-bolton-wanderers-v-oldham-athletic-burnden-g9hnjn.jpg
soccer-fa-cup-6th-round-bolton-wanderers-v-oldham-athletic-burnden-g9hnjn.jpg (50.1 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:17 pm

TD, if you have the original rather than just a scan, can you make out what's on the flag those two are holding?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Have to go off facts, ie training gear dates etc, 1982 etc, but I thought it was earlier. Thanks for the help.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:22 pm
Have to go off facts, ie training gear dates etc, 1982 etc, but I thought it was earlier. Thanks for the help.

Could you not go off greyness density of your hair??
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:17 pm
TD, if you have the original rather than just a scan, can you make out what's on the flag those two are holding?
I got it from a B.N pic I think DSB, and the one here is saved from a file so I can't do much there.

Andy W: What grey hair? :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Our first Reebok sponsored shirts (made by Matchwinner) came out in 1990 as I recall.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm
Our first Reebok sponsored shirts (made by Matchwinner) came out in 1990 as I recall.
Indeed they did – see this wonderful wormhole of a timewaster here. Matchwinner made them until 1993. Given that the Bolton fan on the left of the photo has the Reebok insignia on the back rather than the front of their jumper (indicating that Reebok made, rather than sponsored, the garment), I would say that this is from 1993 at the earliest.

Tango - you could always ask the BN, as it's their picture. They'll be short-staffed but I reckon they'll find out for you.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Well, the pic certainly isn't 1979 so I'll just trim it off and leave it without date till such time as I can confirm it. Thanks all for the help.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Here's a thought: What if the jacket doesn't say Reebok at all? In this pic it sure doesn't look like it, but...???
The flag writing looks to start with an f? Just wondering...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 pm

That's definitely a Reebok jacket TD, logo, letters everything. Take it as a compliment if I were you. Still looking that good in the early 90s anyone would think it was 15 years earlier :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:55 pm

That flag looks a bit Fulhamish.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 pm

The flag looks like those that we did for the league cup final in 1995.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:17 pm
Unfortunately my original is just a paper pic DSB. I can make out from it that the bottom of the flag has a coloured rectangle, like a photograph of some thing, but no more. It's a bit baffling trying to remember when I had that white anorak. I remember it very well but my memory is not up to much on some things. Guess I'll leave the date off it altogether as 79 is obviously wrong. (Not even sure where I got that from but it's always been on the pic. ).

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

My first thought was to say about 1993 but can't be more specific than that. What the photo did for me was evoke memories of the cart on the corner and the smell of burgers and fried onions.