Will we Feelgood on Tuesday? Southend Utd (A), 4/4/17, 19:45

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Will we Feelgood on Tuesday? Southend Utd (A), 4/4/17, 19:45

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Get in you absolute bunch of beautiful bastards
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Chuffed in Surrey. We might be a bit one dimensional but fck me what a dimension.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:08 pm

On the train back to London with Pru & Keyser. To celebrate tonight's famous victory, we've completed the Evening Standard cryptic crossword.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Unbelievable... what a team..... what a twin tower we have ... we are going up ! Fantastic!.

Tonge No Moor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tonge No Moor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:22 pm

What a turnaround from last season, the number of times we've lost all 3 points in the closing minutes.
I think PP and our defence are owed a lot of praise, we've conceded 34 goals this season in 41 games, as against 81 goals last season in 46 games. I thought losing Clough would be a big mistake, but we seem to have started to find the net since then, with a spell of 16 goals in 5 games. Amazing stuff, Come on the Wanderers !!! 8)
Some People Make things happen, Some People See things Happen, and Some People don`t know anything's happened at all.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:24 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:08 pm
On the train back to London with Pru & Keyser. To celebrate tonight's famous victory, we've completed the Evening Standard cryptic crossword.
It truly is a night when dreams come true!
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:24 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
You dream about completing a crossword....? :shock:

:lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:57 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:51 pm
"The whites are going up"
"And now your going to believe us"

Absolutely awesome result - Phil Parkinson manager of the year !
Who is this and what did they do to PT?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:20 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:24 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
You dream about completing a crossword....? :shock:

:lol:
Oi! What's wrong with that? :spank:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:30 am

Was a f*cking cryptic one tbf.

What a night. Absolute carnage when the goal went it. Thought we deserved it over the 90. Missed Nadine when he went off. Got his faults but he played well first half and we have no-one else to do that. Felt a bit for Clayton as he was asked to play the target and it's not him. Took us a long time to adjust second half. We still had comfortably the better chances and they sh*t themselves every time we had a set piece. It's still a bit round pegs but class and solidity are telling. With Nadine off I'd have brought Wabara on for Dorian and pushed Big Phil forward. Shit, that Parkinson.

Yet again though, credit is to the boys at the back. Second half in particular was two sides with not much of an aerial threat up top and not enough quality to get through otherwise, but we made more. Think if they had our defence they'd have won the game. 14 goals for Wheevers this season, and Dervite was solid too.

Wilkinson, Thorpe and Trotter in the crowd too (thank feck).

The whites are going up!

Also, Southend is an absolute shithole.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Rootshallbloke
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rootshallbloke » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:25 am

That was a painful game to lose all three points on. You had the edge in the first half, no doubt, but the second half was all about Southend giving your defence a serious test. Probably the loss of Leonard, Ferdinand and Coker before the game affected the balance of the Southend team but we matched you for effort for the 90 minutes. It's all about taking chances when they come along and that you did so good luck for the rest of the season. Autos are looking probable for you now I think. One thing though, Ranger was definitely clattered in the box towards the end of the game and it was a nailed on penalty. That said, the ref was a complete bellend to both teams.

Roots Hall may be a shithole, but it does create a great atmosphere when it's full.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:41 am

Rootshallbloke wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:25 am
That was a painful game to lose all three points on. You had the edge in the first half, no doubt, but the second half was all about Southend giving your defence a serious test. Probably the loss of Leonard, Ferdinand and Coker before the game affected the balance of the Southend team but we matched you for effort for the 90 minutes. It's all about taking chances when they come along and that you did so good luck for the rest of the season. Autos are looking probable for you now I think. One thing though, Ranger was definitely clattered in the box towards the end of the game and it was a nailed on penalty. That said, the ref was a complete bellend to both teams.

Roots Hall may be a shithole, but it does create a great atmosphere when it's full.
Cheers mate and good luck to you for the last few games. Would be nice to see you put one over on Millwall. Would be interested to see footage of the Ranger penalty shout.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:53 am

Was the opposite end to us, heart was a little jumpy though. Would be interesting to see again. Not sure I agree they really gave us a serious test second half, but that may be more to do with our defence being solid. They had a lot of the ball and territory and a few half breaks but don't really remember Howard having a save to make. Lots of pops from distance only one of which had me worried.

As for the shithole bit, I meant the town centre. Ground is run down but nothing wrong with that. That sea-front was bleak af though!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 am

There is a video going round on twitter at the end of the game, as the players are clapping. Parky walks over. Nice and calm and composed clapping. Then suddenly for some reason starts fist pumping and going absolutely mental. One of the best things I've seen.

That is the thing I like about him most. You can see his passion and he's not an arms folded sit back type. But equally he has a very cool and calm feel about him.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 am

https://youtu.be/JKQiaXERGP4

Decent Highlights and the goal from the Southend fans (not a bad video for a youtube am-cam

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 am

I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 am
There is a video going round on twitter at the end of the game, as the players are clapping. Parky walks over. Nice and calm and composed clapping. Then suddenly for some reason starts fist pumping and going absolutely mental. One of the best things I've seen.

That is the thing I like about him most. You can see his passion and he's not an arms folded sit back type. But equally he has a very cool and calm feel about him.
Link, amigo?

I fully agree, by the way. His post-match quotes reference how proud he is that his staff kept calm even as Browny was loshing his shit. I admire the way Parky has kept people calmly focused, and I don't think for a moment that it's because he has no soul: inside, he must be absolutely buzzing that the big risk he took last summer increasingly looks like paying dividends.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:33 am

Beevers is the first BWFC player to score in five consecutive away matches since Michael Ricketts in December 2001. (source: @bwfcstats)

We've now won 5 away lge games in a row for the first time since April-Sept 2000 (club record 6 in row). (source: @statschristian)

Goal vid from the away end: https://twitter.com/daniel_bwfc/status/ ... 0439777286

Rootshallbloke
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rootshallbloke » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:53 am
Was the opposite end to us, heart was a little jumpy though. Would be interesting to see again. Not sure I agree they really gave us a serious test second half, but that may be more to do with our defence being solid. They had a lot of the ball and territory and a few half breaks but don't really remember Howard having a save to make. Lots of pops from distance only one of which had me worried.

As for the shithole bit, I meant the town centre. Ground is run down but nothing wrong with that. That sea-front was bleak af though!
The thing about opinions is that that's what they are. From where I sat your defence got tested, not your keeper though! On the state of the High Street, it is suffering from competition from large Shopping Centres like Lakeside and Bluewater, both with reasonable driving distance. When the sun is out the seafront is great provided you avoid the slot machines and pub bit.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:05 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:33 am
Beevers is the first BWFC player to score in five consecutive away matches since Michael Ricketts in December 2001. (source: @bwfcstats)

We've now won 5 away lge games in a row for the first time since April-Sept 2000 (club record 6 in row). (source: @statschristian)

Goal vid from the away end: https://twitter.com/daniel_bwfc/status/ ... 0439777286
Did you know also that Beevers didn't score with a shot last night? He "rose to nod home"...The Sun's professional match reporter says so in this morning's paper... :hang: ...wouldn't pay em in rusty nails..... :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?