Good Luck Today

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Handsworth Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Good Luck Today

Post by Handsworth Blade » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Just a quick post , a genuine good luck for your lads today , I hope your joining us in a return to the championship ๐Ÿ‘ Two clubs who shouldn't be in third division ! , I've gotta few connections over in your neck of the woods & always made me welcome when we've had a few jars together ๐Ÿป๐Ÿป. Think you'll need your big lads up front to hit with a few diagonal balls , there pitch is s**t , dry & bobbly as hell so forget passing on it and Sheridans got them playing to it . I was talking to Alan Knill last nite in local , expects your lads to get the result you need so should take title into Bradford game if not beyond ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Good Luck Today

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks mate. Good to see your lot out of the doldrums too, and not by hiring a "big name" <stares at Birmingham>

Enjoy the rest of the season and yeah, I hope we push you to need to win at Bradford, if you don't mind much! :D

Handsworth Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Handsworth Blade » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:03 pm

After 6 years in the pub league it's a prison sentence you don't want , nearly broke club carrying debt that long !
Yeh we'll give you that un today on the house DSB

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:12 pm

I remember your lot coming to Burnden with Agana and Deane up top...

Handsworth Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Handsworth Blade » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:32 pm

So do I DSB I was there about 88/89 , was also at Burnden in 84 for our last away game that season when you turned over 3-1 , always enjoy coming to Burnden good old fashioned ground & a proper atmosphere ๐Ÿ‘ Don't think I ever saw us get a result there , but then again I do suffer from beer dementia !! .
We'll try and do you a favour on Monday , there'll be no taking the foot off the gas as Wilder has says he wants 100 points . I wouldn't worry too much your still in pole position and Bradford & Fleetwood would snatch yer hands off to swap places . I was talking to Whites in St Etienne last summer and said i thought it'd be us 2 up top .. wish I was that good with the fecking lottery results ๐Ÿ˜– ! I think it'll be set up for you by the time you play Bury , I can see Millwall getting a result at the fishy folk and I'll go us turning over the Bratford 2-1 . Out on the lash in the sun already ๐Ÿป๐Ÿป winding up the S6 brethren , all the best for the rest of the season and hope you have a hangover Weds morning ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Handsworth Blade wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:32 pm
Out on the lash in the sun already ๐Ÿป๐Ÿป

Fair play to you.

Let's just hope your players aren't!
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Fair play, best team by some distance this season. You'll win by a very handsome cushion deservedly so. Would kill for a strike that knows where the net is like Sharp, been a good few years since we had one. Hopefully no let up Monday but couldn't blame you if you did - deffo earned it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:12 pm
Pup. I remember thunder boots Alan Woodward and Keith Edwards :D

Many congratulations to the Blades on a thoroughly well deserved league title.

A consistent goalscorer is worth his weight in gold. Take note, Parky.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:22 pm

officer_dibble wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:21 pm
Fair play, best team by some distance this season. You'll win by a very handsome cushion deservedly so. Would kill for a strike that knows where the net is like Sharp, been a good few years since we had one. Hopefully no let up Monday but couldn't blame you if you did - deffo earned it.
This - well done, by far the best team in the league.

Well organised team, very spirited and play decent football - I actually think they will do well next season, where as if we manage to crawl over the line we can only expect more of the same but against better teams and will probably come straight back down

Congratulations & well done Sheff Utd....

Handsworth Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Handsworth Blade » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Ha ha yes I did see Alan Woodward but not for long was a wee slip of a lad then first game 1976 & Keith Edwards still a legend over here , remember Bolton winning 5-1 at our place think you had Big Sam & Frank Worthington playing then !! Seen us go from 1st to 4th div and back up to 1st and back down again bloody hyper yo -yo never a dull moment being a Blade . Thanks for the compliments lads for once I think we've got the right man in charge after a succession of clowns & imposters and trying to play some decent football to, all the the best this week & we'll try and keep our side of the bargain , see you next year back in the championship ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Aye, well deserved. The number of times you've been at 85 minutes sat on a scoreline that would have favoured us, only to turn it round has been a pain in the arse. :-)

Handsworth Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Handsworth Blade » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Lol yeh scored a few in fergie time , what was that phrase the harder you work the luckier you get ? Wilder's brought in some players with a bit of character no comparison with some of the lazy b's last season , current squad a lot fitter than sides we've had in previous years

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:54 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:12 pm
Pup. I remember thunder boots Alan Woodward and Keith Edwards :D
Heh - that's probably why you can no longer wear a football shirt without it shaving off your tit-ends :twisted:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:04 pm
Lol yeh scored a few in fergie time , what was that phrase the harder you work the luckier you get ? Wilder's brought in some players with a bit of character no comparison with some of the lazy b's last season , current squad a lot fitter than sides we've had in previous years
Yup, you make your own luck. As I say, no complaints from me. :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:25 pm
remember Bolton winning 5-1 at our place think you had Big Sam & Frank Worthington playing then !!
I've been to Bramhall Lane once. 31/12/83. You absolutely panned us 5-0 and also had the luxury of a missed penalty. I'm not still disturbed by it or owt. :D

Handsworth Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Handsworth Blade » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Bruce thought that was a New Year's Day that game remember it well Colin Morris & Keith Edwards days the former coached me as a junior at our place ๐Ÿ‘ I suppose it cancels out your 5-1 at ours so we'll call that quits that one ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Well lads as promised we kept our side of bargain today think our lot put the hol flip flops on 2nd half but def not complaining after the sh*t we've had in last 15 years with play off's etc no fecker got a worst record than us not even close !!! was really weird today none of our lot are used to this no stress clingy tompointsvand results stuff , almost felt like we ought to be doing something to frig things up or make life uncomfortable.. you'll not understand that without been born on wrong side of Sheff lol !!๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ ! , My other prediction went tits up with the fishy folk but I still think your in pole, so all the best of tmmw & weekend I think you'll be all reyt , for all you lads that ave'nt been down to Shameless Live ( Burslem ) for a while you might get find the local boozers a little lively so bear that in mind re- numbers & watering holes ? No surprises to to us over there we've had plenty of experience of visits to that sh*thole and there near neighbours & we always get an open arms welcome from That neck of the woods , have a good un lads HB

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 am

Haha. At work we have a fabricating plant in Burslem which from hereon in will be referred to as Shameless Live. Was stuck in a meeting there on a hot day last summer - a glance at the houses over the road saw the locals dragging their furniture out onto the pavement, sitting in the sunshine whilst drinking gallons of white cider. Vale Park remains the only ground I've ever been to in which police on horseback have entered the stand to push the baying locals back. The least welcoming place on earth.
Glad to see Chris Wilder in his interview yesterday say that you're going for 100 points. We were on for that some years ago until Tranmere did what Tranmere always did and 4ucked it up for us! Hope you get them, Fella.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: โ†‘
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 am
Haha. At work we have a fabricating plant in Burslem which from hereon in will be referred to as Shameless Live. Was stuck in a meeting there on a hot day last summer - a glance at the houses over the road saw the locals dragging their furniture out onto the pavement, sitting in the sunshine whilst drinking gallons of white cider. Vale Park remains the only ground I've ever been to in which police on horseback have entered the stand to push the baying locals back. The least welcoming place on earth.
Glad to see Chris Wilder in his interview yesterday say that you're going for 100 points. We were on for that some years ago until Tranmere did what Tranmere always did and 4ucked it up for us! Hope you get them, Fella.
Those scruffy feck* let me down for ยฃ495 on Friday. If I didn't think it was possible to hate them any more that I did........
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"