"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by Vertigo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Onwards and upwards :mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Has BWFCi stopped panicking yet? Onwards.
Stopped panicking when we scored. We were in total control from there.

Beevers, Wheater, Madine and Vela all superb today. As was Karacan.

Totally controlled that game. Peterbrough had a ten minute spell before half time but that was it.

Absolutely superb. Had a few too many so won't say owt else.

Today was brilliant. And a day to remember.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Its almost like they were toying with us in the last few weeks to be able to put on a very proffessional performance today and say 'I told you so' . Did exactly what was required and never looked beyond doubt after the first. What a goal that was as well. Also Vela for the third, I thought he was tiring!

Big shout to the guy sat behind me. If you think us not keeping a clean sheet would "spoil the day" you need to get out more pal. Notice you didnt hang around for the trophy either. Hope I am spared the pleasure of your company at future matches I am not sure football is for you if you cannot enjoy days like this!

Very well done PArky - preparation spot on for this.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:22 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Totally controlled that game. Peterbrough had a ten minute spell before half time but that was it.

Good man. :-)

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh boy did I enjoy that. All the players on the pitch were superb today and it was good to see. Up the Whites!! and onto next season in the Championship. (Nice to meet Bobo by the way :) and to see Bijou, BP and HG

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:22 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Have a great night mate :D

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Enjoyed every single second today. Such a composed performance given the circumstances.

I think Anderson et el will bring in some astute loans and frees. Let's establish ourselves in the Championship next season and go from there.

Well done Parky, the staff and the players!

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Probably one of the best performances all season saved until last. Looking forward to the Championship with more optimism.

Parkinson has one hell of a job to do from now till the start of next season. I'm sure he will do very well with his selection but it all depends on the budget the club can offer. I'm not expecting miracles but more stability and a hard to beat side.
Well done Wanderers and the fans in attendance.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm

That was one of the better games I've ever been to. Really good day, great atmosphere around the stadium today.

Anyone know the formation that was? If anyone thinks that was 3-at-the-back I'll strongly disagree. They even did a warm-up thing with the FOUR defenders before the match :P

Fantastic!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm
That was one of the better games I've ever been to. Really good day, great atmosphere around the stadium today.

Anyone know the formation that was? If anyone thinks that was 3-at-the-back I'll strongly disagree. They even did a warm-up thing with the FOUR defenders before the match :P

Fantastic!
It's 3 at the back. They've done that warm up for weeks, with the 4. Parky still refers to it as a back three.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 pm
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Fantastic!
It's 3 at the back. They've done that warm up for weeks, with the 4. Parky still refers to it as a back three.
You're all wrong then!! :D
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:08 pm

It's not often that I out panic-fanny BWFC-I, but I didn't settle down until the third went in. Even thought that Madine had a very good game today, except for when he tried to pick out the top corner on 88 mins and picked out the top corner of the North Stand instead ;) . Beevers and Wheater were monolithic at the back, and I was really impressed with Karacan, whose excellent first-time finish from Dervite's peach of a ball in is probably my favourite goal of the season. Can't wait to see it again. We really do need to keep, as much as is possible, today's side together for next season. I just hope we can.

Regarding the pitch invasions. Why did the coppers and stewards not simply usher the absolute bellends from special needs corner who ran onto the pitch whilst the game was in progress out through the gated exit between the south and west stands?

And those of you who ran on at the end - I'd have turned the 4ucking sprinklers on. :)

Favourite moment though was possibly on full time, seeing Morais raise his hands aloft, before falling to his knees and kissing the pitch. One to keep, that boy.
:pray:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:16 pm

On the bus home, absolutely twatted. Verbal, Dartisan and (presumably now) Parky's Eleven the company. Singing songs no-one else understood, capped with a quick blue WKD and home. Smashing stuff.

Heard a rumour on the bus though... don't know if anyone can confirm, but they reckon the whites are going up??
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:08 pm
It's not often that I out panic-fanny BWFC-I, but I didn't settle down until the third went in. Even thought that Madine had a very good game today, except for when he tried to pick out the top corner on 88 mins and picked out the top corner of the North Stand instead ;) . Beevers and Wheater were monolithic at the back, and I was really impressed with Karacan, whose excellent first-time finish from Dervite's peach of a ball in is probably my favourite goal of the season. Can't wait to see it again. We really do need to keep, as much as is possible, today's side together for next season. I just hope we can.

Regarding the pitch invasions. Why did the coppers and stewards not simply usher the absolute bellends from special needs corner who ran onto the pitch whilst the game was in progress out through the gated exit between the south and west stands?

And those of you who ran on at the end - I'd have turned the 4ucking sprinklers on. :)

Favourite moment though was possibly on full time, seeing Morais raise his hands aloft, before falling to his knees and kissing the pitch. One to keep, that boy.
Not seen it again but heard Karacan's came off his shin....

Not sure I agree totally about keeping the squad together. We need ones who are good enough for that level. I'd argue a few aren't.

Anyway, Ken needs to get us out of embargo and financially stable pronto!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:24 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Not sure I agree totally about keeping the squad together. We need ones who are good enough for that level. I'd argue a few aren't.

I have, and it's a superb finish out of his instep. I didn't say squad, I said today's team. By way of squad it's the apposite time to trim out the likes of Trotter, Moxey, Davies and so on.

Regarding financial stability, I'm hoping that today's attendance might show any possible investor that there's potential within the club.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Blade » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Congrats BWFC, hard slog for you guys in the end getting over the line, some great battles with us Blades this season but the right 2 teams went up.

See you next term.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Turned out nice again.

Very composed performance all in all but my bottle was still twitching until Fondue lashed in number 3..

onward and upward..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:24 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I have, and it's a superb finish out of his instep. I didn't say squad, I said today's team. By way of squad it's the apposite time to trim out the likes of Trotter, Moxey, Davies and so on.

Regarding financial stability, I'm hoping that today's attendance might show any possible investor that there's potential within the club.
Aye. Hopefully an investor out there noticed the away followings and today's attendance. Potential is there.

Most of the starting team I'd keep. I'd say there are question marks to varying degrees over Spearing, Morais and Madine.

Is Madine good enough at a higher level? Is spearing value for money and has Morais had his purple patch? He's getting on a bit and not necessarily going to maintain this form.

On balance if deals can be done I'd be happy but there is a significant injection of quality required. Anyhow that's for another day.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:34 pm

I enjoyed today ... a lot.

The calmer I've ever been for any of our, all too frequent, 'decider' matches. I was never nervous and the performance justified that.

There are some good players in that squad and Parkinson knows how to find them on the cheap as he's proven many times now. It's a higher level and we'll need some good additions but I'm confident he'll get them (Ameobi is out on contract as at now btw).

I hear a lot about his only having one plan. That's, firstly, incorrect and secondly, after the last 5 years, so bloody what if it is ?

I have no illusions about next season being simple but I don't fear it either.

The one really sad thing is that next year's squad won't contain anyone that I know I'm a better player than ... assuming Liam Trotter finally clears off.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 am
Felt surprisingly relaxed at Vale last week.

Today I'm sweating like Oghani in B&Q

:lol: Ironing board? What ironing board?