Manchester Arena

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Manchester Arena

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 23, 2017 12:16 am

Hope no one has rellies there... Fingers crossed.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Manchester Arena

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue May 23, 2017 12:37 am

Echoing worthy's thoughts.

My love to the city.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 23, 2017 1:02 am

A friend of mine is there with her daughter. It's basically a concert full of kids. They're ok but others reportedly aren't. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue May 23, 2017 2:44 am

Terrible news. Fingers crossed for all the injured and condolences to all who list friends and relatives.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue May 23, 2017 4:51 am

Horrible news. Hope everyone and their loved ones are ok :(

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 23, 2017 8:42 am

Shocking and appalling. Have to say listening to some of the accounts on the radio of those who were there was incredibly distressing.

Heart goes out to anyone who has suffered or lost.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 1:02 am
A friend of mine is there with her daughter. It's basically a concert full of kids. They're ok but others reportedly aren't. Absolutely heartbreaking.
Glad they're safe, Dude. Crossed my mind as it took us 20 minutes to squeeze down corridors and out into Victoria Station after the IM gig two weeks ago that it was a terrorists dream. Target a bunch of middle aged 4uckers who've had a reasonable innings if you must, but a gig full of kids? Really? New depths have been seriously plumbed here.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 23, 2017 10:40 am

Mother in Law has a colleague who's called into her boss this morning to say her 7 year old daughter has died in hospital from injuries sustained last night.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

The City feels quiet and eerie this morning. Like some of it's heart has been taken away. I suppose it has
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Whatever people's religious beliefs, I can only echo the words of Ian Duncan Smith on TV this morning to the effect that do people who blow themselves and others to pieces with bombs really believe they'll go straight to heaven for doing it..really? Some very serious wrong heads in the world...

R.I.P all those who perished...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Absolutely heartbreaking for all those who have died and have been injured. My children are the same age as some of those who have been so cruelly killed. I just cannot comprehend what those poor families are going through at the moment.

There are some sick, horrible bastards in our society. Sadly it has been inevitable for quite a while now but no matter what their views on our foreign policy or hatred of the west, to bomb a load of innocent children is just beyond words.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Police have apparently arrested a 23 year old in assocition with this?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Heartbreaking. There's a lot of light and joy in the world, but Christ is there darkness too.

Kids, for feck's sake. The absolute depths.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue May 23, 2017 6:23 pm

My boss was there with her 2 daughters, sister and nieces...Just heard they are thankfully ok. How could these people target kids? It's just the most awful, horrific thing to do :(

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 pm

My heart sank this morning waking up to the news. My niece had been bought tickets for her 18th birthday and was there last night. Thankfully she hot footed it away and was swiftly picked up by her boyfriend.

Can't imagine what the families are going through.

1 radicalised idiot has just ruined 22 families and affected the lives of many more.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 23, 2017 9:49 pm

So close to home this. We've all been, I imagine. And you can imagine how scared young kids, teenagers especially, will have been. Heart goes out to anyone connected.

Utter scum behind this. But fck 'em - we carry on. They will not win.

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Saw this just before I went to bed last night. Struggled to get off after that, thinking about all the poor kids caught up in that atrocity. I was at Victoria station just a few days before so it really hit home for me how close the attack really was.

It was heartening though to see how many people were offering beds, drinks, and more to everyone last night. It's good to see that in a disaster like this people will pull together.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue May 23, 2017 11:34 pm

At times like this I begin to hope that there really is a place we call Hell, and that there's a special area of that place reserved for those who undertake actions such as this.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed May 24, 2017 8:11 am

There were 20 kids at the concert from the school I work in. Fortunately, all came home safe. At least in a physical sense. Others weren't so fortunate. RIP.

Such sick, sick bastards targeting kids and young adults in an attempt to further their agenda. The world really is a fecked up place at times.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 pm

I was on the bus to town this morning at 11-0 'clock. A minute before the hour the bus driver and the one behind pulled in to the kerb and turned their engines off to observe the minute's silence. I was touched by that.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:46 am

BBC reporting that the "Police confirm more than one fatality after incidents in London Bridge area".

More pointless meaningless deaths just to achieve nothing. Nothing at all. Horrible.
Businesswoman of the year.