Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:15 pm

If, as Ken appears to have said, the £4m that SSBWFC put into the running costs is "Nowt to do with the Club"

How does that get to "players not getting paid"

I'm confused...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:45 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:37 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:27 pm
Yeah that's how owning a business works. He can stop putting money in if he wants, and the business goes bust and he owns over half of feck all. Or he can behave like an adult and putt his hand in his pocket. What he can't (or shouldn't) do is feck around people contractually owed money by the business in some sort of Mexican stand off to save himself a few quid.
I suspect there'd be plenty on here would grumble somewhat if the pay-check didn't hit on time...
Indeed. Remind me of your stance when Eddie stopped paying every fecker at the club playing and non playing....never mind those who had left...
Well, I'd have to go back and check, but I think it would have been something like "The Directors are responsible for ensuring the bills are paid" no?
And when Eddie wasn't paying wages, the only source of funds for the business was Eddie. Similarly the only source of funds to pay now is Ken. So irrespective of who is or isn't responsible in both cases it amounts to one man having to dip into his pocket. Ken isn't a fan hasn't been here long and only owns half the club or just over half.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Not the same at all. Directors and "owners" have different legal obligations (unless the owner is also a Director). I know you always struggled to get your head round that point. It's a business, the Directors are legally responsible for running it.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:01 pm
Not the same at all. Directors and "owners" have different legal obligations (unless the owner is also a Director). I know you always struggled to get your head round that point. It's a business, the Directors are legally responsible for running it.
Dean Holdsworth is a director, he had to sign off the accounts last week along with Ken

Therefore why is Holdsworth not equally liable in regards to providing sufficient funds to pay salaries & bonuses - why should it be only down to KA.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Dean Holdsworth is a director, he had to sign off the accounts last week along with Ken

Therefore why is Holdsworth not equally liable in regards to providing sufficient funds to pay salaries & bonuses - why should it be only down to KA.
It shouldn't be all down to Ken. Nor did my post say it should. The Directors (however many there are) are legally responsible to try and ensure the business is a going concern. In this case, that's both of them.

Question, though. Do you think KA has "moved Holdsworth" out of the way? There's little doubt in my mind that he has...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Legally responsible is irrelevant. Eddie stopped putting money in knowing the wages couldn't be paid. Ken is having to put money in from his own pocket to ensure wages are paid. If he chooses not to he can stick the business in administration or wait for the courts to do it.

Ken presumably has little to lose financially, obviously it might hurt his business career though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:21 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Legally responsible is irrelevant. Eddie stopped putting money in knowing the wages couldn't be paid. Ken is having to put money in from his own pocket to ensure wages are paid. If he chooses not to he can stick the business in administration or wait for the courts to do it.

Ken presumably has little to lose financially, obviously it might hurt his business career though.
Legally responsible is not irrelevant. You made that bit up.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:18 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

It shouldn't be all down to Ken. Nor did my post say it should. The Directors (however many there are) are legally responsible to try and ensure the business is a going concern. In this case, that's both of them.

Question, though. Do you think KA has "moved Holdsworth" out of the way? There's little doubt in my mind that he has...
Absolutely I think that KA 'wants' to move Holdsworth out of the way - but until Holdsworth sorts out his issues with Bluemarble - either directly to Blumarble or by selling to Ken or another party then he's equally liable for the current running costs of the club.

My point is that it appears that the few who are saying that the club should honour all contracts & bonuses despite current cash flow issues 'appear' to be pointing fingers at KA when surely Holdsworth should be getting stick.

But its Holdsworth who ironically (having somewhat helped save the club18 months or so ago), is now putting the future of the club at risk by not sorting out his long running issues with Blumarble - which is hurting the club now in regards to delaying KA bringing in further investment & getting the embargo lifted.

The fans should therefore be giving Holdsworth stick not just KA

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:21 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Legally responsible is not irrelevant. You made that bit up.
Irrelevant to the point I'm making. Ken and the other two directors are responsible for paying the wages and contracts. Yes. But it is only his personal cash that is available to do so. What if he decides, feck it, club can sort itself out...like Eddie did. Yes Eddie may not have been legally responsible but as the only source of income the result is the same.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 pm
"In regards to an update on the embargo situation, the accounts will be filed this week and these will greatly assist in our efforts to try and come out of said transfer embargo."

Anyone want to bet me an internet pint that the accounts will be filed this week?
I wouldn't go so far as an Internet pint as that seems far too generous given past form. But in the spirit of making things interesting I'll bet you a glass of lukewarm tap water in a shitty pint pot :D
I'm calling this bet in! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Neither of them were/are the "only source of income"... You made that bit up too. It's like Jackanory.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm
Neither of them were/are the "only source of income"... You made that bit up too. It's like Jackanory.
Where else is money coming from to cover the wages? Given we know there isn't sufficient cash flow within the business to do so.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:17 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Where else is money coming from to cover the wages? Given we know there isn't sufficient cash flow within the business to do so.
We have income from a number of sources. I agree we have a shortfall.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:47 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:40 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 pm
"In regards to an update on the embargo situation, the accounts will be filed this week and these will greatly assist in our efforts to try and come out of said transfer embargo."

Anyone want to bet me an internet pint that the accounts will be filed this week?
I wouldn't go so far as an Internet pint as that seems far too generous given past form. But in the spirit of making things interesting I'll bet you a glass of lukewarm tap water in a shitty pint pot :D
I'm calling this bet in! :D
Keep yer mucky paws off that pint pot. They've been signed off, not filed :p

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:24 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Surely our cash to hand position is never better than at this time of year, no? 10,000 season tickets sold. Sponsorship deals drawn up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:50 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Surely our cash to hand position is never better than at this time of year, no? 10,000 season tickets sold. Sponsorship deals drawn up.
Major income is from EFL for league deal plus TV etc... that isn't in yet. Summer is worst period for cash flow.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:53 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:50 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Major income is from EFL for league deal plus TV etc... that isn't in yet. Summer is worst period for cash flow.
Interesting. Do we know when that comes in? Is it in dribs and drabs? I'm struggling to get my head around Summer being the worst period for cash flow to be honest.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:47 am

Iles: "Winding-up petition against Sports Shield BWFC adjourned, as expected. Some interesting info also mentioned. Story coming up soon."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:47 am
Iles: "Winding-up petition against Sports Shield BWFC adjourned, as expected. Some interesting info also mentioned. Story coming up soon."
Deal agreed between SSBWFC and BM leaves us liable for points deduction from the league it seems.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:47 am
Deal agreed between SSBWFC and BM leaves us liable for points deduction from the league it seems.
Do you have a link for that?