Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Have been on holiday in New Orleans for a week. went last night to a jazz club called The Spotted Cat to see a 6 piece band. Some of the finest live music I've ever witnessed. The talent on show in the bars of this city is amazing.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Shame the city is full of pissed up yanks ;)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 pm
Was too hammered to notice.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:54 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 pm
Was too hammered to notice.
Been twice for conferences and both times it was full of annoying nice people that couldn't handle their drink. Not somewhere I'd revisit.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Wife's birthday today so we dined out at "Retreat" up Chorley New Road. Not the cheapest especially on drinks, but the place is nice, the staff smart and attentive and the food decent. Wife ordered garlic cheese bread for a starter and got a 12" platter, which is just a bit much for one, ( you can box it and take it home if you wish) with a sirloin steak main. I had Stilton and mushroom cheese bake and steak and ale pie. A drink or three ( A white wine then Ros~e for her and draught Estrella for me) , coffee and brandy in el aire libre, and early home and a pleasant enough time. Definitely better than the pub-grub venues that abound in Bolton now. Place seems popular and, desite the prices,was pretty full when we left.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm

I was going to take my mum there for her birthday but looked at the menu and realised I'm not made of money.

Looked good but even accustomed to London prices I baulked at that! Not even for the chance to meet a pissed up Vela and Nadine.

Happy birthday to Mrs TD, she must have the patience of a saint :D.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm
I was going to take my mum there for her birthday but looked at the menu and realised I'm not made of money.
Looked good but even accustomed to London prices I baulked at that! Not even for the chance to meet a pissed up Vela and Nadine.
Happy birthday to Mrs TD, she must have the patience of a saint :D.
I knew it wasn't going to be cheap but we hadn't been out for our wedding anniversary last month because the wife was supposed to be having a knee operation (twice cancelled so far and now in September) and we made it a dual thing with her birthday. I won't be doing it too often mind... :D

p.s. no sign of any Trotters in there but several trophy type females on display probably hoping... :wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:54 pm

They were your anniversary present Tango!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:54 pm
They were your anniversary present Tango!
:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:04 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm
Wife's birthday today so we dined out at "Retreat" up Chorley New Road.
Possibly Bolton's only decent nosebaggery, Tango. Go there quite often. Glad you both enjoyed it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:04 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Possibly Bolton's only decent nosebaggery, Tango. Go there quite often. Glad you both enjoyed it.
We certainly did thanks. Such a shame that Bolton (where you could once dine silver-service at The Comercial on the town hall square) is now nothing more than pub grub and a take-away town. Pack Horse, Swan, Tiggies, Kismet, House of Orchard, Tai-Tung (Bolton's first Chinese Restaurant) Olympus Grill etc, etc. You could hardly fail to find decent food at one time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:04 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
We certainly did thanks. Such a shame that Bolton (where you could once dine silver-service at The Comercial on the town hall square) is now nothing more than pub grub and a take-away town. Pack Horse, Swan, Tiggies, Kismet, House of Orchard, Tai-Tung (Bolton's first Chinese Restaurant) Olympus Grill etc, etc. You could hardly fail to find decent food at one time.
Hmmmm.......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:31 am

Speaking of Eateries... My burfday in a couple of weeks and the wife has booked a table at a place called Due Amici in Walkden (formerly Danielli's amongst others) - Now I'm not tight when it comes to paying for meals, but when I looked at the menu, I was shocked at the prices... Dearer than San Carlo and much dearer than Puccini's in Swinton - they're both top places

Heard great things about it though, so will report back with findings - shame Grenache went to the wall, as that was really, really good
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Frank turner at the Ritz last night. Fundraiser for Big Issue. No band which isn't as good on a couple of favourites but he can easily carry a gig with just his guitar.
Excellent support from Westhoughton's Our Fold and Felix Hagen and The Family.
Joint effort on the encores - Don't Stop Me Now and Basket Case. Great fun.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm

First visit back to The Octagon for a while, for their absolutely superb rendition of Rita, Sue and Bob too. A true testimony to all the off stage for having the courage to put it on and to those on stage for having the, well, balls to pull it off. :D
It runs until next Saturday and I hear that there are a few tickets left. However, if you're easily offended, then "get the feck out of it" :D

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm
First visit back to The Octagon for a while, for their absolutely superb rendition of Rita, Sue and Bob too. A true testimony to all the off stage for having the courage to put it on and to those on stage for having the, well, balls to pull it off. :D
It runs until next Saturday and I hear that there are a few tickets left. However, if you're easily offended, then "get the feck out of it" :D

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/ ... cil-estate

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:56 am

Missed the match and did the 200 mile round trip (thus involving a sober Saturday) to see Paul Draper (ex Mansun) play in Birmingham. He and his band were absolutely 4ucking superb. I shall go to bed in a few minutes with a smug grin on my face having made all the correct decisions. :)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am

OMD at the academy last night. Superb. An audience made up entirely of folk in their 40s & 50s. It was the politest concert I've ever been to. No beer chucking, blokes washing their hands in the gents and people saying excuse me.

They put on a great show but I had the same gripe with them as I did with other retro acts I've seen - Weller, Simple Minds -play some of your new stuff by all means but open (& close) with a classic surely?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:15 pm

Wonderstuff tonight supported by Ned's Atomic Dustbin. Get in. :oyea:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am

They put on a great show but I had the same gripe with them as I did with other retro acts I've seen - Weller, Simple Minds -play some of your new stuff by all means but open (& close) with a classic surely?
Last night, in a 20 song set, The Wonder Stuff only played two songs from their new album, and actually drew more songs from their first album than from any of the others. Very happy me --> :oyea: