We may as well get Hammered - Carawotsit cup (A) 19 Sept

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: We may as well get Hammered - Carawotsit cup (A) 19 Sept

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 am

I like PP and i have no desire to see him get sacked, but its looking like a lost cause now, ive no idea how he can lift this lot.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 am
Lose on Saturday and Parkinson should be sacked IMO....
And replace him with who?

Bearing in mind he's just signed a new contract so would need paying off, and we haven't a pot to piss in in terms of being able to offer decent wages to a replacement.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:32 am

dave the minion wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 am
Peter Thompson wrote:

Bearing in mind he's just signed a new contract so would need paying off, and we haven't a pot to piss in in terms of being able to offer decent wages to a replacement.
So we just put up with him then....?

Also, how do you know that we can't afford decent wages for a replacement manager - have you got KA's ear ?

In regards to a replacement, I've posted several times over the past few days - if someone can be bothered posting a list of current out of work managers I'll give my opinion on who I would like to replace him

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:32 am
dave the minion wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

Also, how do you know that we can't afford decent wages for a replacement manager - have you got KA's ear ?

In regards to a replacement, I've posted several times over the past few days - if someone can be bothered posting a list of current out of work managers I'll give my opinion on who I would like to replace him
1) There are no guarantees a new manager makes any difference, especially longer term.
2) Being out of work doesn't mean we can a) afford them b) they would consider coming here.
3) I suspect that he may be in trouble if we lose Saturday. But when and if the next bloke doesn't miraculously turn this top of league one/bottom of championship squad into a mid-table championship side, what do you do then?

Parky is the first manager since Sam Allardyce to bring anything resembling success to the club. Personally I think he deserves, at the very, very least a proper transfer window without the embargo restrictions.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 am

BWFCI no one is saying that he didn't do a great job last season in League 1, but IMO he (and his coaches) are completely out of there depth in the championship in every aspect of the game (organisation, fitness, tactics). That doesn't mean I dislike Parkinson it just means that I don't think that he can manage in the championship.....that's the same in many walks of like, his level may just be League 1....I may be wrong but I don't think any of them have previous experience in the championship.

There is no room for sentiment in football, its about winning football matches - and for us means staying in the championship, which is looking more impossible by the week - which is why if we lose on Saturday and he should go.

On another note, has anyone else heard the rumour that Betfred are looking to buy the club....?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:56 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

You sound like a work shy scrounger that thinks a decent job should just land in your lap. Do your own fecking research :roll:

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:02 am

Have a look at the "highlights" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXm7nX4JVas

We were awful
Our attempt at goal was laughable - headed weakly towards their goalie - then immediately afterwards Pratley assaults their goalie - he was lucky to stay on the pitch
We are a joke - no better than a pub team
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 am
BWFCI no one is saying that he didn't do a great job last season in League 1, but IMO he (and his coaches) are completely out of there depth in the championship in every aspect of the game (organisation, fitness, tactics). That doesn't mean I dislike Parkinson it just means that I don't think that he can manage in the championship.....that's the same in many walks of like, his level may just be League 1....I may be wrong but I don't think any of them have previous experience in the championship.

There is no room for sentiment in football, its about winning football matches - and for us means staying in the championship, which is looking more impossible by the week - which is why if we lose on Saturday and he should go.

On another note, has anyone else heard the rumour that Betfred are looking to buy the club....?
As I keep saying, the idea that this is "the manager" entirely is nonsense. We won games last season. We aren't doing this season because we are playing better teams and aren't improved ourselves in terms of quality on the pitch.

Like any manager Parky isn't faultless, but the idea that a new manager will change it all round baffles me. As I keep saying, it isn't a case of Parky continually picking the same side...he's trying everything...systems, players etc....nor is it a case of the players not wanting to play for him.

So I'm at a loss as to what a new manager can or will do now. I really am. You may see a short bounce, but longer term, hand on heart we aren't really good enough in terms of quality and strength in depth for this league. And weren't exactly in a place in the summer to improve much.

I think we can all see that signing Darby, Little, Robinson, Wilbraham etc probably wasn't the right thing to do. Equally were we able to significantly do better? I'd argue not. The quality needed isn't there at the minute. I actually think with most fit (and by fit I mean match fit) and able to play we'd not be that far off. But we miss Vela (our ONLY midfield player who can score) and we miss Ameobi. Fit Ameobi, Buckley and Noone/Vela and suddenly we have a dangerous attacking midfield.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:56 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

You sound like a work shy scrounger that thinks a decent job should just land in your lap. Do your own fecking research :roll:
Work shy scrounger, you couldn't be further from the truth....but do carry on with your utter bullshit.

Btw I'm not the one asking who I'd replace Parkinson with - I'm just responding to them

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 am

Work shy scrounger, you couldn't be further from the truth....but do carry on with your utter bullshit.

Btw I'm not the one asking who I'd replace Parkinson with - I'm just responding to them
I didn't say you were, just acting in a similar fashion to one with your pelting of Parky, wanting him sacked but too fecking lazy to come up with an alternative. It's a reasonable question to ask of someone that is every other post saying the same thing. I disagree that he should be sacked and have stated why not. You want him sacked, so what's the alternative to Parky then?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:04 am

Karanka, Pearson, Pardew....there will be more I'm sure,

I'll post more possibilities later when I've had time to look

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:22 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

As well as this, if KA is trying to sell the club then there's no point putting a new manager in place that they may not want.
I'd give him til December, see what happens when Sammy and Josh are back in, but this can't continue indefinitely.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Okay maybe you are right when anybody said that Parkinson hand is cuff and he can't do anything,but look at Millwall they are doing fine in championship and Bolton player is better than Millwall we are bringing same player from last year and have some addition but the result did not come , there is something wrong , last year long ball tactic working good but this year it's not and this is for me why we are struggling to score and for defence the player we have is too slow for championship wheatear and beevers and dervite can't compete with fast player in this league and will struggle every time we are facing team moving ball fast between them , I don't have anything against Parkinson but for me I think he is the master in league 1 , championship not his level because he didn't manage in this division before and if he try this division before he fail with it .

For me we need to bring somebody with championship experience , I will say it again I want big Sam in Bolton i know it is difficult and will not happen ,bl but maybe you can't say to anything it is impossible .

I will choose Nigel Pearson.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm utterly baffled by the idea that a manager who is brilliant in league one should suddenly struggle a while division up because the game is somehow totally different.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:19 pm

I don't know how people think we can win games with the midfield we have available so far It's very weak, in fact it would be weak even in league one. I think even with Vela back in we will struggle. We needed a strong spine and we just havent

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:32 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm
I'm utterly baffled by the idea that a manager who is brilliant in league one should suddenly struggle a while division up because the game is somehow totally different.
He wasn't brilliant though. He was functional and found a way to win games despite often being outplayed. He was unambitious in style which could be the problem now. We often created little but exploited the weakness of the opposition, who knew what we'd do but couldn't stop it. I'm not blaming him for that because it worked but now there aren't the easy pickings.

I said to BP and the other guy we sat with last season that if we went up it would be the same shit football without the results. I never thought it would be this bad though, that the organisation and toughness would crumble. I thought we'd have a grim season football-wise but have enough to stay up.

I have lost faith in PP, but I want him to succeed and he overcame obstacles last season and proved himself adaptable even if the adaptation took a while and a miserable run. This seems to need a whole new dimension though, as well as new players of course. The ones we've got aren't bad enough to justify this though. I can accept a battling relegation, but not a capitulation.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:32 am
Prufrock wrote:
He wasn't brilliant though. He was functional and found a way to win games despite often being outplayed. He was unambitious in style which could be the problem now. We often created little but exploited the weakness of the opposition, who knew what we'd do but couldn't stop it. I'm not blaming him for that because it worked but now there aren't the easy pickings.

I said to BP and the other guy we sat with last season that if we went up it would be the same shit football without the results. I never thought it would be this bad though, that the organisation and toughness would crumble. I thought we'd have a grim season football-wise but have enough to stay up.

I have lost faith in PP, but I want him to succeed and he overcame obstacles last season and proved himself adaptable even if the adaptation took a while and a miserable run. This seems to need a whole new dimension though, as well as new players of course. The ones we've got aren't bad enough to justify this though. I can accept a battling relegation, but not a capitulation.
Very good post LE - agree with everything

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:23 pm
Ah well, on we bat. I'd have liked to see Jake Turner - I see Howard made one save all night, bless him - but hey ho, on we go.
Me too. I liked the look of Howard until his injury last season but he was flattered by our defence. He's looking more Rachubka since then though. Don't rate Alnwick either. I'd have offered them both for loan, kept whichever didn't go and used Amos since we're probably paying almost all his wages anyway. Get a coach and an optician to work with him, and I don't mean that facetiously.
Talent wise he has the potential.
Now though Turner would be on the firing line but I doubt he'd be singled out for the odd mistake. Might be the making of him. And his price tag.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:11 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:32 am
Prufrock wrote:

Sick of this sort of utter bollocks. Remind me when exactly did Parky pull a white shirt on and what position did he play for us last season?

He managed a group of utterly demoralised players who looked destined for league 2 and turned the situation around and won promotion. Anyone who can't admit how good a job that was, should probably just accept that they have a very biased view of the situation.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 am

I knew you'd be onto this because we disagreed about it last season. I, and everyone else I imagine, am sick of your know-it-all bollocks for the record.
Come to Bradford and talk to their fans about Parky. Not the reactionary internet wankers, but the ones who thank him for what he did, but were just fed up of watching boring football.
I like to see both sides, because there really is more than one you know.