Bolton sign Karl Henry

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Bolton sign Karl Henry

Post by Mar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton sign Karl Henry

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Thank 4uck for that. Now, Pratley - observe!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 pm

I mean don't get me wrong, he's an absolute clogger and no doubt he'll be getting pelters soon for being shite on the ball, but think he's a good signing. We need to be hard to play against.

Darren indeed should take note of how you should play if you have zero ability but are quite big.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Not that he was ever the quickest but Hopefully he's retained a bit of pace - he's got a lot of players to kick on behalf of the rest of our midfield.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Wow this is very surprising. They have managed to keep this completely quiet, no sign of this in any rumour column or twitter gossip.

I think it is a perfect signing given our circumstances and being out of the window. A physical presence in central midfield, and an experienced one at that, who presumably is up to speed fitness wise. I was beginning to fear Parky wasn't seeing the same issues as we were, with people like Baptista, O'Brien, Obi being our rumoured out of window potential signings. Even if he has an influence till January it will have been a good move.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:04 am

The sort of player we need at the moment, but as Dibs has mentioned I hope he's still got a good engine as he's either got to get his colleagues organised or spend his time mopping up after them. I suspect the latter!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm

Desperately hoping he doesn't get on the wrong side of the ref Maffia. Playing with ten men we definitely don't need. Love the idea of a bit of steel and cojones in our defence that might make Wheats and Beevers re-discover their confidence and scoring sides.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm
Desperately hoping he doesn't get on the wrong side of the ref Maffia. Playing with ten men we definitely don't need. Love the idea of a bit of steel and cojones in our defence that might make Wheats and Beevers re-discover their confidence and scoring sides.
He's a midfielder... I know it's fun to play players out of position, but let's get him shit in midfield first
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm
He's a midfielder... I know it's fun to play players out of position, but let's get him shit in midfield first
Quite so, B.B, but in our case defence starts just outside their box. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:06 am

If only!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"