EMBARGO LIFTED!! #Boom

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: EMBARGO LIFTED!! #Boom

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 am

Tombwfc wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 pm
I'm in a minority who think we've enough cloggers who can't score, but at least Henry might put himself about a bit. Baby steps.
We don't have a midfield though. He's the sort we need but can't help be underwhelmed. I just can't see Henry providing the "kick start" we need. I mean basically nobody on a free was likely to. But for me as well as needing some presence in midfield we need someone to inspire something. Not sure Henry will do that.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 am
Tombwfc wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 pm
I'm in a minority who think we've enough cloggers who can't score, but at least Henry might put himself about a bit. Baby steps.
We don't have a midfield though. He's the sort we need but can't help be underwhelmed. I just can't see Henry providing the "kick start" we need. I mean basically nobody on a free was likely to. But for me as well as needing some presence in midfield we need someone to inspire something. Not sure Henry will do that.
I think out of all the free agents out there, he is the one who is the most likely to be inspirational. He has captained better teams than ours, he has played in two teams that have got promoted from this league and has played full seasons in the Premiership. He is likely to be able to talk to and guide those around him, and put in a few inspirational, bone crunching tackles. Henry, Karacan, Vela is at least a Championship level looking midfield. My only concern is that he might not have the engine any longer at his age.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 pm

twilight wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:54 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:33 pm
I'd of taken PT's suggestion of Joey Barton myself...
Isn't he banned for gambling?
Yep, think he's banned for 2 years
Well, we've got Joey O'Brien training with us and I reckon Barton's got as much chance of being available for a match than him!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"