Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:11 am
He also says in that article that we can't sign anyone without EFL permission. Which doesn't sound like we are fully out of embargo to me does it?

I'm guessing that Iles doesn't know. Given he was asked it on facebook so presumably this is something that stems from a rumour. However, the signs are that there may be some substance to it, given Ken and Lee are very quiet and one would think IF we were able to operate freely we'd have snapped up some free transfers by now.
Hold on - some substance to it, go on then point me in the right direction to back up your view....see below & Iles column - if Iles doesn't know he should keep his mouth shut.

In his article this morning Iles says 'PHIL Parkinson says he will be casting his eye over “one or two” free agents in the next couple of days as he plans to expand his Wanderers squad. Parkinson has revealed, however, that other options are being considered with some new faces expected at the training ground this morning.There are players out of contract who are looking for offers and we’re going through that list and speaking to a few of them,” he told The Bolton News.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... ef=mr&lp=6

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:18 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:24 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:11 am
He also says in that article that we can't sign anyone without EFL permission. Which doesn't sound like we are fully out of embargo to me does it?

I'm guessing that Iles doesn't know. Given he was asked it on facebook so presumably this is something that stems from a rumour. However, the signs are that there may be some substance to it, given Ken and Lee are very quiet and one would think IF we were able to operate freely we'd have snapped up some free transfers by now.
Hold on - some substance to it, go on then point me in the right direction to back up your view....see below & Iles column - if Iles doesn't know he should keep his mouth shut.

In his article this morning Iles says 'PHIL Parkinson says he will be casting his eye over “one or two” free agents in the next couple of days as he plans to expand his Wanderers squad. Parkinson has revealed, however, that other options are being considered with some new faces expected at the training ground this morning.There are players out of contract who are looking for offers and we’re going through that list and speaking to a few of them,” he told The Bolton News.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... ef=mr&lp=6
And this bit...
Wanderers have passed on the opportunity to sign ex-Arsenal and Real Madrid star Julio Baptista but Parkinson is keeping his options open about possible signings, which would still need ratification from the EFL.
Its in print. If it is wrong I'm sure Ken will be along to correct it. He's not usually slow to do so.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:37 am

BWFCI - yes its in print, but its been printed by the clearly incompetent Iles. Why should KA have to continually keep coming out correcting Iles very poor journalism, as he's shown yesterday he's totally contradicted himself within 24 hours in regards to whether or not we are out of the embargo & whether or not we are free to sign out of contract players

On another note its great news that KA has today come out and basically fcuked the ST off, about time to - basically saying that the club will not work with them moving forward, perhaps he should also do the same with Iles.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:37 am
BWFCI - yes its in print, but its been printed by the clearly incompetent Iles. Why should KA have to continually keep coming out correcting Iles very poor journalism, as he's shown yesterday he's totally contradicted himself within 24 hours in regards to whether or not we are out of the embargo & whether or not we are free to sign out of contract players

On another note its great news that KA has today come out and basically fcuked the ST off, about time to - basically saying that the club will not work with them moving forward, perhaps he should also do the same with Iles.
I don't think he's contradicted himself. I'm not sure he knows. It is rumour until he gets confirmation from the club or league (he's asked but neither are talking). BUT IF we still need EFL permission to sign players then we're not properly out of embargo are we? And IF that is true, Ken needs to explain it.

My hunch is that it IS true. Just a hunch.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:56 am

Ken's latest toot on the bugle. Nowt on embargo, a bit on Supporters' Trust (but of course).

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/septem ... chairman4/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:56 am
Ken's latest toot on the bugle.
Platitude, platitude
Dig at the Trust
'ere, Madam, I can do you a deal on a lovely 1997 Lancia Delta.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm
Platitude, platitude
Dig at the Trust
A friend in need is a pest.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm
Platitude, platitude
Dig at the Trust
:lol:
If he's so fecking transparent why doesn't the greasy c*nt answer Iles' questions about post embargo conditions?
I don't get the anti Iles stuff PT. He's never going to win a pullitzer but he's heard stuff and asked a question, which is his job.
Id trust him over the Andersons any day of the week.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Iles would do well not to give credence to twitter rumours over stuff he gets from Ken/BWFC. We need him on side really otherwise we'll get fck all news!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:33 am

Yer man's on the blower.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/septem ... chairman6/

"Our recruitment team (...) are still actively targeting one or two more additions to the squad leading up to the January transfer window."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:39 am

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:33 am
Yer man's on the blower.

"Our recruitment team (...) are still actively targeting one or two more additions to the squad leading up to the January transfer window."
I wonder if there comes a point where Ken simply stops writing these "updates" or whatever you call them.

He can't keep saying the same things. Which it seems as though he's going to have to keep saying ad nauseum.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:39 am
Yer man's on the blower.

I wonder if there comes a point where Ken simply stops writing these "updates" or whatever you call them.

He can't keep saying the same things. Which it seems as though he's going to have to keep saying ad nauseum.
I wish he would stop these pointless updates - we've now got a deluded chairman, deluded chairman's son (who has been unprofessionally arguing with fans on twitter & saying a few un called for things which he shouldn't really get involved in) & an even more deluded manager....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
That's never stopped a few posters round here, etc and so on

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:00 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
That's never stopped a few posters round here, etc and so on
Hilarious....you should be on the stage....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm

My word, that's a heck of a long time away. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm

It's curiously phrased, "leading up to". Could mean we're looking at a couple more faces *before* January, or just looking at players who could transfer to us in January, on permanent or loan transfers; it has been mentioned somewhere that we're looking at players who are running out of contract next summer, like last year's ALF, A.Taylor, Thorpe and (James) Henry. (Sammy was also on loan in the last year of his contract, but that was a different situation: for a start, they wanted him back.)

EFL clubs are allowed eight loanees, but can only pick five in any one game. Maximum four players from any given club, of which only two can be 23+. We've currently got four (Arma from Newcastle, Antoneeee from Everton, Cullen/Burke from West Ham) and they're all comfortably under 23.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:51 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yer man's on the blower.

I wish he would stop these pointless updates - we've now got a deluded chairman, deluded chairman's son (who has been unprofessionally arguing with fans on twitter & saying a few un called for things which he shouldn't really get involved in) & an even more deluded manager....
I don't think Ken is deluded, he's clearly a very smart man. But one must remember, he's not here to pump money in. One has to assume he's here to sell the club on for a tidy profit. He knows that right now sacking the manager costs him a lot, and might jeopardise his efforts to balance the books. Whilst I accept that being back in league one is far from ideal for Ken he also knows that spending a million quid of his own money to replace a manager and his backroom staff with very little guarantee of a return on that money is not currently a smart business move.

Sadly what makes business sense, isn't often aligned to football sense.

And in this instance I think Ken is probably right. If Parky can't get these lads playing after the way he picked them up last season its unlikely someone else is going to walk in and do it.

If Ken had a big transfer warchest to dish out the whole thing might be different of course.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:47 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm

It's curiously phrased, "leading up to". Could mean we're looking at a couple more faces *before* January, or just looking at players who could transfer to us in January, on permanent or loan transfers; it has been mentioned somewhere that we're looking at players who are running out of contract next summer, like last year's ALF, A.Taylor, Thorpe and (James) Henry. (Sammy was also on loan in the last year of his contract, but that was a different situation: for a start, they wanted him back.)

EFL clubs are allowed eight loanees, but can only pick five in any one game. Maximum four players from any given club, of which only two can be 23+. We've currently got four (Arma from Newcastle, Antoneeee from Everton, Cullen/Burke from West Ham) and they're all comfortably under 23.
I read it as signing some before January...welcome to BWFC Carlt....no I can't say it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

It's curiously phrased, "leading up to". Could mean we're looking at a couple more faces *before* January, or just looking at players who could transfer to us in January.
I read it as signing some before January...welcome to BWFC Carlt....no I can't say it.
I wouldn't get too worried/excited. Hull are said to be after him too (Abel Hernandez is out till next year) and if he gets the choice, he'd have to be an absolute wazzock to come to us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

It's curiously phrased, "leading up to". Could mean we're looking at a couple more faces *before* January, or just looking at players who could transfer to us in January.
I wouldn't get too worried/excited. Hull are said to be after him too (Abel Hernandez is out till next year) and if he gets the choice, he'd have to be an absolute wazzock to come to us.
I'm even more worried now!