Zeros and Villans: Aston Villa (A) 30/9/17

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Zeros and Villans: Aston Villa (A) 30/9/17

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:54 pm

It really is a sad state of affairs as we are stuck with PP. Another loss on the old Championship record.

Can't be arsed with this anymore. Life's too short to put up with this bollocks every week.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:56 pm

This hasn't been the tonking some predicted. Howard takes a walloper and...Alf, keeper, Robinson and...a throw. Robinson, cleared. Free kick on halfway......and......and....now a throw and....Robinson and....back to him and....they clear, mic man gives scores. Robinson and....keeper grabs it. Samba coming in to lie in the goals...then.....Snodgrass leaves and it'll have to be now or never lads. And....they sally and keepe possession. Pratley gives one away on the edge of the D and gets a booking. Four mins added and...miracles can happen.......and.....Hurryup takes the kick and.....it's over the bar. COME ON LADS....free kick to them again.....and...a throw os. We have it and.....they almost slip up. Beeavers goes back to Howard. A wallop gets us a throw...We go and....and....Wheater gives one away as Terry goes to ground. And......ohhhh Taylor gets a red for them for a high challenge? Free kick us and....Pratley and....Robinson and..and Noone and.....ohhhh twice off the line AGAIN........Samba and that's it. 1-0
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Sounds like we were very unlucky here. I expected something like this. We are competitive and will get some results soon. I would strongly consider dropping Beevers. Our attack is going to be a problem all season unless we find an inspired signing from somewhere.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Bye Bye Parkinson....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:03 pm

To put this in perspective, it's now 17:00 hrs. That means I've been awake today for 8 1/2 hours. Imagine watching a football side for this length of time without them ever scoring a goal. Unthinkable? Had I woke up at 4:30 this morning we still wouldn't have scored.
May the bridges I burn light your way

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Another loss well done Phil Parkinson,your losing streak and your record without scoring a goal is being written in Bolton history thank you for this breaking record thank you very much , eleven game without a win eight game without scoring a goal , don't talk about performance today maybe this is best performance from the start of this league but the only important thing is the result because the result will keep us in championship not the good performance and a loss , we need to change the manager because we can play a good football and bring the win but for me it will not come with Phil Parkinson .
This is my opinion Parkinson can't do anything more than he did .

Parkinson enough is enough ,let's hope Ken Anderson will do anything in this international break if he did not change the manager at least sell Bolton to one who care , I know football club is now a business , and Ken Anderson will not put a penny in Bolton so sell Bolton to anyone will care about his business and his money , I want to Wright sell Bolton to somebody who love Bolton but the love now will not help us because we need money from anyone who invest in Bolton .

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:18 pm

I'd like to know how close those margins were today. Was it a red for them, when we say off the line, was it a gentle scoop or desperate defending. Did Villa play at a canter? I'm gutted, we all are. Lot of pressure on Josh now, perhaps too much.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Not quite the tonking I expected.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Its all rather embarrassing isn't it?
Not the result today in isolation but the run without winning and scoring.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:34 pm

We're getting better. We are actually staying in games now. As we've got players back we look stronger. And Henry has made a difference.

2 weeks off and hopefully be stronger and fitter for the next two.

That's literally all I've got. Parky won't be sacked - I don't think, and in my view sacking him would be counter productive.

I do think with everyone fully fit and gelled together we will be more of a handful. But we are going down now irrespective. We are going to have to get used to that, as sad as it is.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:38 pm

We're in games now. I still haven't written it off totally. There are other bad bad teams too. Who knew 4 at the back wound be harder to play against?! It's gonna be a scrap but lots of time. Need Ameobi Noone Buckley and Vela to contribute, and Nadine to stay fit.

I thought we'd get dicked today.

Decent 0-1 :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Why the feck didnt he signHenry in the summer? Why sign permacrock Buckley first?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:47 pm
Why the feck didnt he signHenry in the summer? Why sign permacrock Buckley first?
He might well have wanted a lot of money. He joined QPR at the beginning of their promotion season to the Prem in 2013. He then played a full season in the Prem when he probably got a pay increase. £4.5k pw probably doesn't cover a quarter of what he was on. And before we were limited to the £4.5kpw restriction we were working on re-signing Spearing. The embargo really stuffed us in the summer.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:13 pm

PP might also have figured we'd need a bit more creativity, or else we'd never score... :?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:18 pm
I'd like to know how close those margins were today. Was it a red for them, when we say off the line, was it a gentle scoop or desperate defending. Did Villa play at a canter? I'm gutted, we all are. Lot of pressure on Josh now, perhaps too much.
2 shots were off the 6 yard line not the goal line. The red card was a red as he was in the air studs showing.

We'd have got the 0-0 that Parkinson was hoping for if Beevers had stayed on his feet.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:23 pm

We can play better every week and we have improved slightly, but come on its not hard to improve on previous performances is it ?

But Madine is NOT a goal scorer, therefore unless we can bring in a player who knows how to score goals - we'll be down by Feb (at the latest) regardless of how well we play because relying on Madine to score is laughable.

So we are back to the fact that Parkinson can't play a system or style of football without Madine, who's possibly the most un prolific centre forward in BWFC history (in terms of goals per game) - possibly even worse then Trevor Morgan (who I think is a better player than Madine)

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Cheers Blu. Note PP in BEN ranting about the linesman but also honest about our failings upfront. Iles describes away end as clapping the team off the pitch. interested to hear someone's take who was at the game. Still gonna be a shit couple of weeks tbh but I can't accept we're dead and buried yet

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:23 pm
We can play better every week and we have improved slightly, but come on its not hard to improve on previous performances is it ?

But Madine is NOT a goal scorer, therefore unless we can bring in a player who knows how to score goals - we'll be down by Feb (at the latest) regardless of how well we play because relying on Madine to score is laughable.

So we are back to the fact that Parkinson can't play a system or style of football without Madine, who's possibly the most un prolific centre forward in BWFC history (in terms of goals per game) - possibly even worse then Trevor Morgan (who I think is a better player than Madine)
PT at virtually no point this season has our major issue been Madine failing to take a clear chance.

We've played Armstrong and ALF during the period too. Neither have scored either.

The issue is simply one of having once again to put a scratch side together in a very difficult league. We are looking more solid now which is good. The quality going forward will be better with Vela and Ameobi back fit and firing. If you want to say Madine is not a championship striker I'd probably agree. But he's better by a mile than anyone else we've got. He has actually managed to get most of his efforts on target this season. Our fundamental issue is that throughout the side we lack goalscorers. Big time. Our midfield might scrape 5 between them all season. That makes it impossible. Vela is our only midfield player capable of scoring.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:45 pm
PT at virtually no point this season has our major issue been Madine failing to take a clear chance.

We've played Armstrong and ALF during the period too. Neither have scored either.

The issue is simply one of having once again to put a scratch side together in a very difficult league. We are looking more solid now which is good. The quality going forward will be better with Vela and Ameobi back fit and firing. If you want to say Madine is not a championship striker I'd probably agree. But he's better by a mile than anyone else we've got. He has actually managed to get most of his efforts on target this season. Our fundamental issue is that throughout the side we lack goalscorers. Big time. Our midfield might scrape 5 between them all season. That makes it impossible. Vela is our only midfield player capable of scoring.
1. OK for the stats people - would it be possible to provide a comparison between minutes on the pitch & goals scored, because I'm sure that Madine has had far more minutes on the pitch than the other 2, and that his minutes on the pitch per goals scored will be less than the other two (Far less in the case of ALF)

2. BWFCI - I really appreciate & understand your continued blind defence of all things BWFC, but you really do need to open your eyes, raise your head from under the sand....does Madine getting most of his chances on target mean that they trickled through to the keeper or that the opposition keepers have made worldly saves from Madine.

I'm not going to continue this as its been done to death - but most know that Madine is NOT a goal scorer, and regardless of how well we play is NOT going to score enough goals to save us from relegation this season - money where your mouth is I'll bet £100 (to a charity of your choice that Madine - as our No1 centre forward with 35 games to go, doesn't score 12 goals this season)

Outside the box his play is improving, but inside the box he's a fecking stump...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:13 pm
PP might also have figured we'd need a bit more creativity, or else we'd never score... :?
8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください