The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 am
In my day if you couldn't afford to eat, you ad to went scrounging through bins for potato peels. Nowadays of course with EU elfandsafety nonsense you can't do that. But it were good that you'd have to kill yourself to eat or die. The good thing about that was it meant there wasn't nuffink for free. None of these ere scroungers. Also if you saw someone in your bin you could give them a good kicking and nobody said nothing. These days people want summit for nottin. I was at a foodbank once and you no wat...I saw some people there with kids. As my wife said to me at the time 'if you av kids you shouldn't be at a foodbank'. I agree. Eat the kids first. They are ur responsablty. Not mine or my wifes.

*returns to watching videos on youtube of police abusing miners*
If ever there was a post completely out of touch with reality in so many respects...this is it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
In my day if you couldn't afford to eat, you ad to went scrounging through bins for potato peels. ourNowadays of course with EU elfandsafety nonsense you can't do that. But it were good that you'd have to kill yourself to eat or die. The good thing about that was it meant there wasn't nuffink for free. None of these ere scroungers. Also if you saw someone in your bin you could give them a good kicking and nobody said nothing. These days people want summit for nottin. I was at a foodbank once and you no wat...I saw some people there with kids. As my wife said to me at the time 'if you av kids you shouldn't be at a foodbank'. I agree. Eat the kids first. They are ur responsablty. Not mine or my wifes.

If ever there was a post completely out of touch with reality in so many respects...this is it.
Tango, you might want to read it again with a different tone in your mind :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:06 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
In my day if you couldn't afford to eat, you ad to went scrounging through bins for potato peels. ourNowadays of course with EU elfandsafety nonsense you can't do that. But it were good that you'd have to kill yourself to eat or die. The good thing about that was it meant there wasn't nuffink for free. None of these ere scroungers. Also if you saw someone in your bin you could give them a good kicking and nobody said nothing. These days people want summit for nottin. I was at a foodbank once and you no wat...I saw some people there with kids. As my wife said to me at the time 'if you av kids you shouldn't be at a foodbank'. I agree. Eat the kids first. They are ur responsablty. Not mine or my wifes.

Tango, you might want to read it again with a different tone in your mind :wink:
No, I really don't A.T. I know exactly what he's saying. I just don't know why it needed saying.I think I know Insaney as well as most.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:06 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

No, I really don't A.T. I know exactly what he's saying. I just don't know why it needed saying.I think I know Insaney as well as most.
What am I saying then? You accused me of being out of touch with reality...so I'd like to know what it is you think I'm saying.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Speaking of defence, the BAE is order book is shrinking, partly due to defence budget cuts and partly due to external sales orders being cancelled.

Result: ANOTHER 1000 highly skilled, well paid individuals potentially looking to the government for financial help, many, for the foreseeable future.

Short sight once again
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 pm

What am I saying then? You accused me of being out of touch with reality...so I'd like to know what it is you think I'm saying.
Read your own post. If you agree with yourself on everything, give yourself a pat on the back and enrol as a politician. See, I rarely post much on politics for reasons I've stated more than once. The main one is because if there were a clear answer acceptable to all, why after a millenium have we still not got it right? Why do we need to constantly change political parties? Why do politicians spend their lives being wrong? (ie, why do we need the opposition paries whose only function is to oppose?)

In other words, A: I just don't know what right is that will be acceptable to everyone.B: Neither do you. Figure the rest out.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm

fecking love international weeks, me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Read your own post. If you agree with yourself on everything, give yourself a pat on the back and enrol as a politician. See, I rarely post much on politics for reasons I've stated more than once. The main one is because if there were a clear answer acceptable to all, why after a millenium have we still not got it right? Why do we need to constantly change political parties? Why do politicians spend their lives being wrong? (ie, why do we need the opposition paries whose only function is to oppose?)

In other words, A: I just don't know what right is that will be acceptable to everyone.B: Neither do you. Figure the rest out.
See my post was a (rather poor but still) parody of right wing internet postings commonly seen on the BBC website comments section, local news comments etc...especially on issues such as foodbanks, and the denials of their rise and necessity.

It was not (and I assume this is what you are reacting to) a criticism of "the old days" or the "older generation". Simply poking some poorly aimed fun at the sort of nonsense you see posted whenever foodbanks are mentioned.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

See my post was a (rather poor but still) parody of right wing internet postings commonly seen on the BBC website comments section, local news comments etc...especially on issues such as foodbanks, and the denials of their rise and necessity.

It was not (and I assume this is what you are reacting to) a criticism of "the old days" or the "older generation". Simply poking some poorly aimed fun at the sort of nonsense you see posted whenever foodbanks are mentioned.
Satire is a dangerous thing if taken seriously (see fake news) :lol: I would certainly say your post was out of touch with orthographic reality, a flaw I had not noticed in your posts before. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:22 pm
I appreciate the Trussell Trust is probably in your eyes an 'expert' body, and therefore not to be trusted, but they have drawn a direct correlation between food bank use and the introduction of Universal Credit.

Now forgive me here, but given the tone of conversation it seems necessary to constantly state the bleeding obvious, but Universal Credit is a state benefit is it not? And, as I recall defence spending is also a state responsibility?

I'm not sure about the Sainsbury's points, but why not give it a go? In the utopia created after quitting I'm sure Boris will promise something similar anyway.
In my eyes the Trussell Trust is a charity who run food banks and therefore have an obvious agenda to 'promote them'.
The fact that they (themselves) "have drawn a direct correlation..." is as about as relevant as the direct correlation that Volkswagen were a product of Nazi Germany, i.e., not really that relevant at all.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 am

I don't doubt that TT might have an agenda to promote themselves, but it doesn't take a genius to realise that when folk are struggling already, that virtually doubling the time between receiving money might struggle. Let alone that they may be receiving less as a double whammy. I suspect that a majority of averagely, even well paid folk would struggle if they were paid 3 weeks late.

IDS intentionally designed the system to hammer vulnerable people and we as a nation should be ashamed that we voted for it. I'm all for going after the skivers and users, but this is not how you do it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 am
I don't doubt that TT might have an agenda to promote themselves, but it doesn't take a genius to realise that when folk are struggling already, that virtually doubling the time between receiving money might struggle. Let alone that they may be receiving less as a double whammy. I suspect that a majority of averagely, even well paid folk would struggle if they were paid 3 weeks late.

IDS intentionally designed the system to hammer vulnerable people and we as a nation should be ashamed that we voted for it. I'm all for going after the skivers and users, but this is not how you do it.
You know, I'd have a lot more sympathy about having to have food banks if food and housing came top of the list rather than fags, alcohol, mobile phones and posh TV's to be honest and please don't try and tell me they don't have these, I have got eyes.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:46 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

You know, I'd have a lot more sympathy about having to have food banks if food and housing came top of the list rather than fags, alcohol, mobile phones and posh TV's to be honest and please don't try and tell me they don't have these, I have got eyes.
And of course everyone needing food banks have all those things, the right wing media have been telling us this for years, so must be true. Of course there are piss takers, but don't tar everyone the same.

What about folk that have a big tv and a mobile phone? Maybe they bought those things when they had a job, but in today's insecure workplaces they lost their job, ended up on a zero hours contract somewhere etc etc. But yeah, you carry on judging everyone from your presumably perfect little mount. Have some compassion and empathy for your fellow human beings. Who knows, you might one day need some help through no fault of your own and imagine how it would be if everyone automatically tossed you into the waste of space group and abandoned to misery in the name of feeding their anger.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:37 am

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

They? Who are they?

Are you stalking food bank users to see where they live and what telly they've got? Cos if you are that's weird.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 am

The average use of food banks is twice per year by its users. They aren't dossers taking the piss on free food, it's people who are living on the edge making every penny count who can't cope when there are small changes in their circumstances.

Also, 1 in 3 of the people they supply are children, the chain-smoking telly-watching little shits.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:25 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 am
The average use of food banks is twice per year by its users. They aren't dossers taking the piss on free food, it's people who are living on the edge making every penny count who can't cope when there are small changes in their circumstances.

Also, 1 in 3 of the people they supply are children, the chain-smoking telly-watching little shits.
Don't bring these facts into it. Hoboh has eyes. He doesn't need owt else!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 am

Just saw this comment posted under a story about Hammond's budget, the EU and May's refusal to say if she'd vote for Brexit or not on the BBC website. I post without any comment....
EU should pay us compensations, because they fail the duty of care to ensure the high standard and competitive in the entire EU market.
In my son's class, those students on the bottom 10% will be kicked out from the top class and remove to the 2nd best class. This way, the best students will always receive the most advanced knowledge without worrying others not catching up.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm

I wish you had made a comment because I'm unsure why you've posted it! Numpties often post on message boards - we know this!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 am
Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

And of course everyone needing food banks have all those things, the right wing media have been telling us this for years, so must be true. Of course there are piss takers, but don't tar everyone the same.

What about folk that have a big tv and a mobile phone? Maybe they bought those things when they had a job, but in today's insecure workplaces they lost their job, ended up on a zero hours contract somewhere etc etc. But yeah, you carry on judging everyone from your presumably perfect little mount. Have some compassion and empathy for your fellow human beings. Who knows, you might one day need some help through no fault of your own and imagine how it would be if everyone automatically tossed you into the waste of space group and abandoned to misery in the name of feeding their anger.
Who says it's anger?
It is merely pointing out that there is not a million people so down on their luck and desperate as much as some would have you believe for their own political ends in much the same way as single 20 something refugees are all fleeing desperate war torn countries. Two sides to every tale matey, there are many who have never worked probably never will, have kids they clearly cannot afford, think the state or more to the point taxpayers owe them a house and free money on the basis they exist and have no problems with that attitude what so ever.

Some folk would do better to actually face that there are more than 'just the odd few' and get a grip on reality, yes there are people that need genuine help, disabled people and sick folk to name a few, no problems with this and they should get more help.
It really begs the question why some think they have a divine right to a lifestyle whilst ignoring lower paid work we have to import foreigners to do, I do a low paid part time job now and work voluntary in the charity sector through circumstances and have no doubt if I had no self pride, I could milk the system, bills and holidays are bills and holidays and I pay for them, not you!
Luxuries in life come from grafting my tits off for 35+ years earning, paying bills, mortgage (being through the years realistic about what property we could afford and putting loads of work into them not what would be show off or having kids without thought so we needed more room than we could afford) nor wasting it or depending on state handouts!

You cannot see why people get annoyed about this? I'll tell you something, I can look out of my window up the street and see two houses with 20 somethings, couples not single parents, complete with about half a dozen kids, none of the fcukers is, nor ever has, worked and the only 'problem' they have is being overweight through sitting on their arses, I know for a fact they do not have 'medical' problems, oh and regular visits from the old Bill. There are more like that not too far away either and I don't live in a particularly 'run down' area.

So come on lets have some bloody honesty here instead of Corbyn type lies and blinkers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:50 pm

You cannot see why people get annoyed about this? I'll tell you something, I can look out of my window up the street and see two houses with 20 somethings complete with about half a dozen kids, none of the fcukers is, nor ever has, worked and the only 'problem' they have is being overweight through sitting on their arses, I know for a fact they do not have 'medical' problems, oh and regular visits from the old Bill. There are more like that not too far away either and I don't live in a particularly 'run down' area.

So come on lets have some bloody honesty here instead of Corbyn type lies and blinkers.
Piece of advice. Stop spying, snooping and perving on your neighbours. Otherwise you'll be getting regular visits from the old bill.