The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm
This is prominent Brexit campaigner Peter North a month or two before the Referendum....
At worst we have two years of unsettled markets where there will be winners and losers. But the fundamentals do not change. Britain is still a first world dynamic economy with countless assets and factors in its favour which are timeless irrespective of the UK's membership of the EU. On that basis, I would rather bite the bullet and vote to leave than vote for the stagnating certainty of the status quo and the political stalemate that comes with it, with absolutely zero chance of meaningful domestic or EU reform.
http://peterjnorth.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... uture.html

And this is him now...predicting a 10 year recession worse than anything in the last half a century...
Now that we know there isn't going to be a deal we can at least narrow down some of the possibilities of what post-Brexit Britain looks like.

In the first year or so we are going to lose a lot of manufacturing. Virtually all JIT export manufacturing will fold inside a year. Initially we will see food prices plummet but this won't last. Domestic agriculture won't be able to compete and we'll see a gradual decline of UK production. UK meats will be premium produce and no longer affordable to most.

Once food importers have crushed all UK competition they will gradually raise their prices, simply because they can. Meanwhile wages will stay depressed and because of the collapse of disposable income and availability of staff, we can probably expect the service sector to take a big hit thus eliminating all the jobs that might provide a supplementary income.

Across the board we will see prices rising. There will be some serendipitous benefits but nothing that offsets the mass job losses. We will see a lot of foreign investment dry up and banking services will move to the EU. Dublin and Frankfurt. I expect that house prices will start to fall, but that's not going to do anyone any favours in the short to mid term.

Since a lot of freight will no longer be able to go through Calais we can expect a lot more use of the port at Hull so we may see an expansion in distribution centres in the North.

All in all we are looking at serious austerity as it will take a few years at least to rebuild our trade relations with third countries. If we go down the path of unilateral trade liberalisation then we will probably find it hard to strike new deals.
The Brexit lies just never end. He was very happy to tell us "2 years of light pain" before the referendum. Now it's all unfolding its "10 years of the worst recession in our lifetimes.." all the while pretending this is what he predicted all along.
Having re-read this post, three questions:
1. Why, having discovered that his first prediction was wrong (not that it has actually proved to be wrong yet!), do you then place any confidence that his second prediction will be correct?
2. And given the above, i.e. that you are complaining on the basis of an obviously unreliable prediction, from a knob who couldn't predict if the sun will rise tomorrow, why then, given his obvious anti-Brexit stance in his last prediction, label him as a Prominent Brexiteer?
3. And given 1 & 2, do you not feel a tad embarrassed after banging on about confirmation bias earlier?
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 pm
The loudest noise at the moment comes from told you so Remainers. Some of us voted Brexit knowing that the EU would punish us. Mr Varoufakis has consistently pointed out how extremely difficult this path will be, having been severely punished himself (by proxy) during the fiasco of the Greek fiscal crisis.
And yet we still voted for exit, and still believe a no negotiation hard Brexit will bring benefits, and potentially put much needed reform into the European political class. Not as much of course than if Catalonia has a hard seccession. That'll make Brexot look like parish council tiffs.
Is it bringing about the reform you wanted? I'm not sure any left of centre voter could be happy with a rise in nationalism and jingoistic politics....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm
This is prominent Brexit campaigner Peter North a month or two before the Referendum....
At worst we have two years of unsettled markets where there will be winners and losers. But the fundamentals do not change. Britain is still a first world dynamic economy with countless assets and factors in its favour which are timeless irrespective of the UK's membership of the EU. On that basis, I would rather bite the bullet and vote to leave than vote for the stagnating certainty of the status quo and the political stalemate that comes with it, with absolutely zero chance of meaningful domestic or EU reform.
http://peterjnorth.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... uture.html

And this is him now...predicting a 10 year recession worse than anything in the last half a century...
Now that we know there isn't going to be a deal we can at least narrow down some of the possibilities of what post-Brexit Britain looks like.

In the first year or so we are going to lose a lot of manufacturing. Virtually all JIT export manufacturing will fold inside a year. Initially we will see food prices plummet but this won't last. Domestic agriculture won't be able to compete and we'll see a gradual decline of UK production. UK meats will be premium produce and no longer affordable to most.

Once food importers have crushed all UK competition they will gradually raise their prices, simply because they can. Meanwhile wages will stay depressed and because of the collapse of disposable income and availability of staff, we can probably expect the service sector to take a big hit thus eliminating all the jobs that might provide a supplementary income.

Across the board we will see prices rising. There will be some serendipitous benefits but nothing that offsets the mass job losses. We will see a lot of foreign investment dry up and banking services will move to the EU. Dublin and Frankfurt. I expect that house prices will start to fall, but that's not going to do anyone any favours in the short to mid term.

Since a lot of freight will no longer be able to go through Calais we can expect a lot more use of the port at Hull so we may see an expansion in distribution centres in the North.

All in all we are looking at serious austerity as it will take a few years at least to rebuild our trade relations with third countries. If we go down the path of unilateral trade liberalisation then we will probably find it hard to strike new deals.
The Brexit lies just never end. He was very happy to tell us "2 years of light pain" before the referendum. Now it's all unfolding its "10 years of the worst recession in our lifetimes.." all the while pretending this is what he predicted all along.
Having re-read this post, two questions:
1. Why, having discovered that his first prediction was wrong (not that it has actually proved to be wrong yet!), do you then place any confidence that his second prediction will be correct?
2. And given the above, i.e. that you are complaining on the basis of an obviously unreliable prediction, from a knob who couldn't predict if the sun will rise tomorrow, why then, given his obvious anti-Brexit stance in his last prediction, label him as a Prominent Brexiteer?
3. And given 1 & 2, do you not feel a tad embarrassed after banging on about confirmation bias earlier?
1) Because its obvious that I'm intimating that his first prediction was either a bare-faced lie or the ramblings of someone without any actual basis to make them.
2) He still backs Brexit. He thinks a very deep and long recession will do us all good. He's still pro-Brexit. He's just trying to pretend he knew it would be really hard all along (inspite of initially promising little hardship and refuting any claims otherwise).
3) No, given 1 and 2, still no.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:31 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
The loudest noise at the moment comes from told you so Remainers. Some of us voted Brexit knowing that the EU would punish us. Mr Varoufakis has consistently pointed out how extremely difficult this path will be, having been severely punished himself (by proxy) during the fiasco of the Greek fiscal crisis.
And yet we still voted for exit, and still believe a no negotiation hard Brexit will bring benefits, and potentially put much needed reform into the European political class. Not as much of course than if Catalonia has a hard seccession. That'll make Brexot look like parish council tiffs.
Is it bringing about the reform you wanted? I'm not sure any left of centre voter could be happy with a rise in nationalism and jingoistic politics....
Some of us, left of centre voters, feel that what you call nationalism and jingoistic politics can be best expressed as Nativism*.
And no, no reform has taken place. It was never likely to have done until after the fallout - that was always obvious.

*And before you get on your high horse about Nativists as being fascist and racist I'd like to point out that amongst our long lost brethren we number the Jews exiled to Babylonia, Crazy Horse (and Red Cloud, and Sitting Bull - all of whom complained about the palefaces destroying their land), Queen Lilliokulani, the Brigantes, and the Irish and Scot émigrés to the New World.
The discerning amongst you will note that at least two of the above were hostile to each other - that's the f**cking nature of existence I'm afraid.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:31 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Some of us, left of centre voters, feel that what you call nationalism and jingoistic politics can be best expressed as Nativism*.
And no, no reform has taken place. It was never likely to have done until after the fallout - that was always obvious.

*And before you get on your high horse about Nativists as being fascist and racist I'd like to point out that amongst our long lost brethren we number the Jews exiled to Babylonia, Crazy Horse (and Red Cloud, and Sitting Bull - all of whom complained about the palefaces destroying their land), Queen Lilliokulani, the Brigantes, and the Irish and Scot émigrés to the New World.
The discerning amongst you will note that at least two of the above were hostile to each other - that's the f**cking nature of existence I'm afraid.
Some things you could argue that. It isn't incongruous to be left wing and want to limit or control immigration. It is however, harder to reconcile being left of centre and being happy in the rise of "England for the English", "rights for whites" stuff that certainly has increased since Brexit.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:20 pm
It isn't incongruous to be left wing and want to limit or control immigration. It is however, harder to reconcile being left of centre and being happy in the rise of "England for the English", "rights for whites" stuff that certainly has increased since Brexit.
It doesn't need a university degree to realise that the " "England for the English", "rights for whites"" you speak of is - political party regardless- a phenomenon of the modern era and in the news for a very simple reason: It's happening now and not as a result of Brexit but as a result of circumstances as where previously it wasn't quite such an issue or so magnified. A surge of Jamaicans arrived here in the fifties, but the current lunacy (yes lunacy) is a result of world upset in areas where previous immigration was nothing out of the norm. There is no war strife in England, the standards of living in England, its N.H.S and living benefits must seem like wonderland to what the immigrants had (are having) in their own countries. Consequently, overpopulating areas will (is doing) happen. The only possible solution is to address it and get it under control, far easier said than done when our "leaders" can't agree what day it is. Finger pointing, blaming each other and using all sorts of nefarious arguments is just talk. Authority here is just a nation of delegators, not decision makers, who want the titles and the salaries but not the sleeves up spade work. We talk a good fight but do little but that.

Ha, political unity? Without stepping off the hopscotch board, here in Bolton we have a history of dissent. We were an Ironside stronghold against King and Country in the English Civil War, supporting Parliament ( what a xxxxin laugh) when most of Lancashire opted the other way. It cost 1000 Boltonions dead and almost as many captured to prove we made a wrong choice that time. Labour ruled when we were blue collar workers and had industry. That's also history and calling for different strokes and politics..but is anybody joining hands to reach a solution common to all? Not a cat in hell's chance. I'm all right Jack has never been stronger. It's why politics is just such a massive waste of time and always will be. We voted Brexit (yes, I did) because we really had no idea what it was truly all about beyond fine speeches and brave new world banners. Either make good the promises and sort it out or stop the bullshit and step aside. Who for? This is where I admit I haven't a xxxxing clue.

Hoboh's "real world" isn't something you should be laughing at, it very much exists all around you. This morning my wife rang her doctor and was told she had an appointment for next Monday....to speak to a doctor, not in his surgery but by telephone. He will then decide if she needs to see him. All she wanted was a perscription. That never ever happened before. Government solution...we need to make cuts. Does it take Einstein to know why?

Amen. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
It isn't incongruous to be left wing and want to limit or control immigration. It is however, harder to reconcile being left of centre and being happy in the rise of "England for the English", "rights for whites" stuff that certainly has increased since Brexit.
It doesn't need a university degree to realise that the " "England for the English", "rights for whites"" you speak of is - political party regardless- a phenomenon of the modern era and in the news for a very simple reason: It's happening now and not as a result of Brexit but as a result of circumstances as where previously it wasn't quite such an issue or so magnified. A surge of Jamaicans arrived here in the fifties, but the current lunacy (yes lunacy) is a result of world upset in areas where previous immigration was nothing out of the norm. There is no war strife in England, the standards of living in England, its N.H.S and living benefits must seem like wonderland to what the immigrants had (are having) in their own countries. Consequently, overpopulating areas will (is doing) happen. The only possible solution is to address it and get it under control, far easier said than done when our "leaders" can't agree what day it is. Finger pointing, blaming each other and using all sorts of nefarious arguments is just talk. Authority here is just a nation of delegators, not decision makers, who want the titles and the salaries but not the sleeves up spade work. We talk a good fight but do little but that.

Ha, political unity? Without stepping off the hopscotch board, here in Bolton we have a history of dissent. We were an Ironside stronghold against King and Country in the English Civil War, supporting Parliament ( what a xxxxin laugh) when most of Lancashire opted the other way. It cost 1000 Boltonions dead and almost as many captured to prove we made a wrong choice that time. Labour ruled when we were blue collar workers and had industry. That's also history and calling for different strokes and politics..but is anybody joining hands to reach a solution common to all? Not a cat in hell's chance. I'm all right Jack has never been stronger. It's why politics is just such a massive waste of time and always will be. We voted Brexit (yes, I did) because we really had no idea what it was truly all about beyond fine speeches and brave new world banners. Either make good the promises and sort it out or stop the bullshit and step aside. Who for? This is where I admit I haven't a xxxxing clue.

Hoboh's "real world" isn't something you should be laughing at, it very much exists all around you. This morning my wife rang her doctor and was told she had an appointment for next Monday....to speak to a doctor, not in his surgery but by telephone. He will then decide if she needs to see him. All she wanted was a perscription. That never ever happened before. Government solution...we need to make cuts. Does it take Einstein to know why?

1) I'm sure you realise but anti immigration stances and England for the English are nothing new. There was a lot of sentiment during the 50s Afro Caribbean immigration.

2) Einstein? I think it might. Read that blog post, by a staunch supporter of Brexit. His prediction now is we won't be able to sustain the NHS at even current levels as we won't be able to staff it without free EU movement, or afford it. For the vast majority of this country public services are stretched because they've been hacked to pieces by Thatcher, Major and Cameron and now May. We are suffering from chronically under funded public services. In certain specific areas of the country they do suffer locally from immigration. Especially rural towns. They are very specific cases. The majority of the country, including Bolton and the North West relies on immigration economically and practically. Essentially the NHS, ability to get appointments etc...Brexit is only going to make that worse. And that's coming from a leading brexiteer...you've been conned thinking otherwise.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:09 pm

To be fair, one of the cornerstones of Peter North's latest blog is that it's problematic how the Pakistanis are all fecking each other so I'd treat his views with some caution.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

1) I'm sure you realise but anti immigration stances and England for the English are nothing new. There was a lot of sentiment during the 50s Afro Caribbean immigration.

2) Einstein? I think it might. Read that blog post, by a staunch supporter of Brexit. His prediction now is we won't be able to sustain the NHS at even current levels as we won't be able to staff it without free EU movement, or afford it. For the vast majority of this country public services are stretched because they've been hacked to pieces by Thatcher, Major and Cameron and now May. We are suffering from chronically under funded public services. In certain specific areas of the country they do suffer locally from immigration. Especially rural towns. They are very specific cases. The majority of the country, including Bolton and the North West relies on immigration economically and practically. Essentially the NHS, ability to get appointments etc...Brexit is only going to make that worse. And that's coming from a leading brexiteer...you've been conned thinking otherwise.
Mmmm I see you tactfully leave out Blair and Brown with the huge ball and chain of this.
PFI deals were invented in 1992 by the Conservative government led by Sir John Major, but became widespread under Labour after 1997.
Of course your not a knight in shining armour (because being the good old Marxist he is Corbyn would refuse it) will sort it all out, won't he?

Face facts, they all bloody well screw us (average Joe public) over, it is merely a question of who leaves the biggest mess!
You love to think I am right wing, yes I do think somethings have to be stamped on, hard, too many excuses are found these days for, well basically, pricks, on the other hand there are people who are really in need of help and I have absolutely no problem with that.

NHS cuts should not happen but nor can they be given a blank cheque, my own experience and I know you are fond of pooh poohing what I know of others in a similar position but it bares out that the organisation and management is piss poor at times, should we keep wasting money on this?

I'm sorry but in my opinion the general state of our nation is going down hill, not because of Brexit but because through years of softly softly, we as a country are getting lazy and spineless and relying on others to provide, rant over!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Mmmm I see you tactfully leave out Blair and Brown with the huge ball and chain of this.
PFI deals were invented in 1992 by the Conservative government led by Sir John Major, but became widespread under Labour after 1997.
Of course your not a knight in shining armour (because being the good old Marxist he is Corbyn would refuse it) will sort it all out, won't he?

Face facts, they all bloody well screw us (average Joe public) over, it is merely a question of who leaves the biggest mess!
You love to think I am right wing, yes I do think somethings have to be stamped on, hard, too many excuses are found these days for, well basically, pricks, on the other hand there are people who are really in need of help and I have absolutely no problem with that.

NHS cuts should not happen but nor can they be given a blank cheque, my own experience and I know you are fond of pooh poohing what I know of others in a similar position but it bares out that the organisation and management is piss poor at times, should we keep wasting money on this?

I'm sorry but in my opinion the general state of our nation is going down hill, not because of Brexit but because through years of softly softly, we as a country are getting lazy and spineless and relying on others to provide, rant over!
PFI was a terrible idea. But the one thing Blair and Brown did do was fund the NHS and other public services to levels never seen before. At one point they actually had the NHS meeting its performance targets like never before.

The right's constant response to the NHS and public sector is deflection, blame the immigrants or blame the managers. Whilst at the same time slowly withdrawing more and more money.

Forget the EU and the rights or wrongs of Brexit, if one thing boils my piss it's the public allowing themselves to have the wool pulled over their eyes by this nonsense.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 pm

And, to make not too fine a point, if there is anything "that boils my piss" it's this constant fxcking use of political statistics to play political football with the NHS. I live in the Midlands in a rural dispersed area. My GPs are rated outstanding in EVERY single category. I've spent months in hospital in Derby in A&E and two different units and been given nothing but outstanding treatment. I don't even know what a waiting list is... when I fell ill the last time, I was in A&E and then on a specialist ward within hours. After I was discharged from the emergency, the follow up by specialist nurses was stupendous. And finally, when the root cause of all my problems was finally discovered, the NHS organised a specialist surgeon from abroad to operate. I owe my life to the NHS, and I've not seen a single instance of the bollocks that people wank on about.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:31 pm

What do think will happen to the NHS when we implement TTIP?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 pm
I owe my life to the NHS, and I've not seen a single instance of the bollocks that people wank on about.
The N.H.S, just like the police forces, fire brigades and almost every other organisation within the country, are just puppets having their strings pulled by political " leaders" whose only solution to it all is constant budgeting and cost cutting. "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians" is too old a saying to give politial offence by being racial, but it's still highly relevant in government.What makes it so ironic is the amount of "chiefs" who are all head dresses, war-paint and never fight a battle. Big Chief Sitting Bullshxt has prevailed for so long in Westminster they'll have statues along the Mall shortly. Is it really so hard to grasp that when the takers consistenly outweigh the givers, something has got to ...er, "give"?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 pm

In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 pm
And, to make not too fine a point, if there is anything "that boils my piss" it's this constant fxcking use of political statistics to play political football with the NHS. I live in the Midlands in a rural dispersed area. My GPs are rated outstanding in EVERY single category. I've spent months in hospital in Derby in A&E and two different units and been given nothing but outstanding treatment. I don't even know what a waiting list is... when I fell ill the last time, I was in A&E and then on a specialist ward within hours. After I was discharged from the emergency, the follow up by specialist nurses was stupendous. And finally, when the root cause of all my problems was finally discovered, the NHS organised a specialist surgeon from abroad to operate. I owe my life to the NHS, and I've not seen a single instance of the bollocks that people wank on about.
Well, if you don't think 6 weeks for your consultant to get scan results from another department in the same hospital that were not available when you had an appointment to review these scans is fine, then okay.
This has happened twice now, to me personally and I know from others this is more common than just a 'one off'.
I must say overall the treatment I have had has been very good, the infection and botched discharge after my first operation aside and that is after coming under three separate hospitals, home care and a clinic, it's not all bollocks it happens.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:05 am

The NHS is getting an extra £18.2bn soon so problems like that should be sorted.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:05 am
The NHS is getting an extra £18.2bn soon so problems like that should be sorted.
It's not all about money fer'cris'sake!!! (despite you being the most sarcastic poster in Christendom, so no I didn't miss the sarcasm).
As I made plain, it's about management. If a small GP practice in the middle of the countryside and a hospital in a medium sized city can get it consistently right all the time and be rated rated Outstanding in every single area, why cant the rest? Or are you of the knobbish opinion that somehow myGP's practice and my hospital are funded at the expense of yours?
So to reiterate: This constant bollocks about expenditure and finances in the NHS, is just that; politically driven bollox. A superb NHS that is consistent and world leading exists on the present budget. If it's failing in your area that is purely down to piss poor management of the resources available. Hoboh's six week wait for a scan transfer between departments has nothing to do with budget, politics, Brexit or anything other than terrible local management
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:26 pm

My first medical visit in Dubai recently. Asked lady on reception to see orthopaedic doc. Chose which one (picked a German fella) and went in to see him. Sent me for an x-ray a hundred yards down the corridor and seen straight away. Walked back to the doc's room to find him viewing the x-ray. He printed a copy off for me and explained what needs to be done next.

^ That's the good bit. The bad bit is nearly 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for the insurance company to decide if they want to pay for the treatment. The insurance costs thousands. The American insurance style system is shit.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:26 pm
My first medical visit in Dubai recently. Asked lady on reception to see orthopaedic doc. Chose which one (picked a German fella) and went in to see him. Sent me for an x-ray a hundred yards down the corridor and seen straight away. Walked back to the doc's room to find him viewing the x-ray. He printed a copy off for me and explained what needs to be done next.

^ That's the good bit. The bad bit is nearly 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for the insurance company to decide if they want to pay for the treatment. The insurance costs thousands. The American insurance style system is shit.
Absolutely. Thank fxck for the NHS.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:31 pm
What do think will happen to the NHS when we implement TTIP?
:conf: But we won't. That's an agreement between the US and the EU. Or will be... nowt to do with us now!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください