Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:48 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:50 pm
He's still valuing it such that he'll make a vast profit. Not a little, and not one that reflects any 'risk' he's placed into the club... just a vast profit.
Surely it's been clear from the start that the ex-agent with no big backing and no link to the club was hoping for a quick turnaround and sell it on for as much as he can get?

I don't necessarily mind that, I'm just not confident "long term health of the club" is really going to be a factor.

It's been clear as day this was always where we were going, let's hope for the best.

The alternative of him trying to flog it if we hadn't gone up is terrifying.
OK. We don't go up. We drop back down. [so far, realistic scenario... so let's extrapolate]
So, agreeing he has no money and is only interested as much money as he can eventually suck out of the club, what does he do next season?
In my opinion we go down the toilet and the nightmare scenarios imagined at the end of Eddie's tenure happen to ripen.
In my tiny, humble, only in my own head opinion, we go downhill rapidly and after legally disputed sales of all assets become the first founding member of the League to be disbanded totally.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:09 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
He's still valuing it such that he'll make a vast profit. Not a little, and not one that reflects any 'risk' he's placed into the club... just a vast profit.
Surely it's been clear from the start that the ex-agent with no big backing and no link to the club was hoping for a quick turnaround and sell it on for as much as he can get?

I don't necessarily mind that, I'm just not confident "long term health of the club" is really going to be a factor.

It's been clear as day this was always where we were going, let's hope for the best.

OK. We don't go up. We drop back down. [so far, realistic scenario... so let's extrapolate]
So, agreeing he has no money and is only interested as much money as he can eventually suck out of the club, what does he do next season?
In my opinion we go down the toilet and the nightmare scenarios imagined at the end of Eddie's tenure happen to ripen.
In my tiny, humble, only in my own head opinion, we go downhill rapidly and after legally disputed sales of all assets become the first founding member of the League to be disbanded totally.
It's a possible, but that seems overly dramatic at this stage. Ken runs us as a business. Try's to balance that with keeping us as competitive as possible on the pitch.

I'm not sure beyond that anyone else can do any better until someone wants to invest or buy us.

Doesn't sit comfortably with me that we are reliant on someone doing so to achieve success. But that is where we are.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:09 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Very realistic scenario. By my reckoning we have approx £18m in short term debt (Blumarble approx £7m, PBP £5.5m, ED + Warburtons £1.5m, Overdraft in last accounts close to £4m), plus a possible loss this season (I have seen £3m quoted). If we go down we will lose a lot more than £3m next season. Ken HAS to sell, it isn't a question of wanting to or liking to, or he is presiding over a sinking ship and he is the captain with no idea nor ability to save it. Imagine how toxic the BN comments section and social media would be when we are being wound up over a small debt that Ken is refusing to dip into his pocket to pay.

And also £25m is not an unfair price. By my reckoning that covers £21m of debt if we do indeed lose £3m this season.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:49 pm

I reckon we might be down by the end of October, £25 million will seem a hell of a lot then.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Every time Ken Anderson speak he makes me confident that he will never put any penny in Bolton, because he doesn't care ,
He just want to make money from nothing he got a big club with a history and with a fans who love this club and he said did not look to the history , Mr Ken Anderson you are making the history with Phil Parkinson, eight loses in a row seven game in a row without scoring a goal and I expect this to continue .

Thank you Ken Anderson for destroying Bolton with your not interesting .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm

elhadj wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 pm
Every time Ken Anderson speak he makes me confident that he will never put any penny in Bolton, because he doesn't care ,
He just want to make money from nothing he got a big club with a history and with a fans who love this club and he said did not look to the history , Mr Ken Anderson you are making the history with Phil Parkinson, eight loses in a row seven game in a row without scoring a goal and I expect this to continue .Thank you Ken Anderson for destroying Bolton with your not interesting .
Steady amigo, right now he's all we have. Put the pitchforks away and let's see where it goes before hanging him hey?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm
elhadj wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 pm
He just want to make money from nothing he got a big club with a history and with a fans who love this club and he said did not look to the history , Mr Ken Anderson you are making the history with Phil Parkinson, eight loses in a row seven game in a row without scoring a goal and I expect this to continue .Thank you Ken Anderson for destroying Bolton with your not interesting .
Steady amigo, right now he's all we have. Put the pitchforks away and let's see where it goes before hanging him hey?
Look what ever happened i will keep support Phil Parkinson, but I don't think he can save us , now we have all the player come from injury ameobi and Vela who I like to call him our messi and ronaldo because the fans make look like this , let's see if they can do something and help us to score first and win , till the next international break if Parkinson did not get any win with all the player come from injury he have to go , I hope at least got two win .

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 pm

The plane that flew over the stadium today pulling along a banner - www.black-list.info aimed at our Ken? Seems a waste of money to me as I've not been able to access the site
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:02 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 pm
The plane that flew over the stadium today pulling along a banner - www.black-list.info aimed at our Ken? Seems a waste of money to me as I've not been able to access the site
http://www.blacklist.info/

There you go, Speeky. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:02 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Cheers. Not our Ken then. Apparently it flew over Anfield and the Etihad too
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:34 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:02 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Cheers. Not our Ken then. Apparently it flew over Anfield and the Etihad too
Ah reet. I did wonder what it was about.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:24 pm

I fully understand the temptation to get carried away after such an exhilarating game, but Ken has gone completely bonkers and is setting a target of making the play offs!!

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/octobe ... chairman5/

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 pm

We all know what happened last time a Chairman of ours thought we could piss 2 points a game :roll:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm

I hate to say it, especially as I'm not averse to positivity emanating from the official ranks, but, jesuswept, the man's deranged.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Just to put into perspective what Ken is suggesting:

We're currently averaging 0.2 points per game from the 12 matches we've played.
So he thinks that getting 10X that in the rest of our matches is achievable.

We've got 34 matches remaining.

To hit that 74 point target we'd need:
  • 17 wins, 17 draws and 0 losses (1 point shy)
  • 20 wins, 9 draws and 5 losses
  • 23 wins 0 draws and 11 losses
So yeah, totally achievable :crazy:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm
I hate to say it, especially as I'm not averse to positivity emanating from the official ranks, but, jesuswept, the man's deranged.
It goes beyond positivity and strays into downright lunacy. 4th bottom looks very, very tricky. Play offs....ffs....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Dunno what you're on about. 106 is the Championship points record. To beat that we only need 102 points from the next 34 games, or 3ppg. Bang.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:24 pm
I fully understand the temptation to get carried away after such an exhilarating game, but Ken has gone completely bonkers and is setting a target of making the play offs!!

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/octobe ... chairman5/
If you're gonna dream, dream big... :D

Obviously aiming for the play-offs would be a few violins short of an orchestra. But suddenly 21st doesn't feel so distant, and the four forthcoming fixtures (to the next international break) are among the more winnable options we'll get in this division.

Sat 21: QPR (H). Rangers haven't won any of their six league away games (D3 L3); indeed, their away record is only one point better than ours (they've conceded the same number). And it goes back further than that: they haven't won away in 13 attempts since February, scoring just 9. They haven't won north of Birmingham since August 2016, and they haven't won any game anywhere (including at The Tightly-Packed Loftus Road) in six attempts. Two trips ago they needed an 87th-minute equaliser to scrape a point at mighty Barnsley, and on their last away game they were held by second-bottom Sunderland. The Rs fan at work is worried, about their future and specifically about this fixture.

Sat 28: Fulham (A). The Cottagers don't like the Cottage. Their home record (W1 D4 L1) is the division's fifth-worst: 11 of their 18 points have been won on the road. They've only won one home league game in eight attempts – last time out, they were two down to Preston by half past three, and the time before that they contrived to draw with Boro despite scoring the opener in the 86th minute. Perhaps most encouragingly of all, they haven't kept a clean sheet in the last 16 home league games, stretching back to January. Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic, but it's not impossible that this might just be the return of that Parkinson special, the 1-0 away win.

Tue 31: Sunderland (A). Sunderland are a big club, but a shit team. Their home record this season is the division's worst, even worse than ours: W0 D2 L4, F4 A9. Longer-term, they haven't won in 16 home league games; they haven't even been in front there since the week before Christmas. Their goal return there, running backwards from the most recent result, is 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1. Again: it's not impossible to see a diligent defensive performance getting us a win, and not necessarily of the smash-and-grab style: they usually concede more chances than they create.

Sat 4 Nov: Norwich (H). This is a harder game: currently just outside the play-offs, Norwich have the division's fourth-best away record, although they've conceded more than they've scored. But there may be a lesson for us there: they've recovered after a tough start – they went into the first international break third-bottom, W1 D1 L3 F6 A12; they've tightened up and strung together a series of tight results - 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 2-1, 1-1. So they may be a lesson in how to turn things round. Playing them won't be easy, but it might depend on the games between then and now: if we're on a roll – and if they're smarting from their own bad results (they play Ipswich, then Derby, then Wolves) - then it would hardly be the shock of the century to see us win.

Ah well, a boy can dream... but maybe not about the play-offs :D

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Yeah QPR are going through a similar enforced post-premiership, FFP threatened downsizing like we had to endure a couple of years ago. They are currently in season three in the process, or the Freedman/Lennon phase. They spent hardly any money at all in the summer, haven't won for six games, and barely stayed up last year. They must be a likely candidate for the drop, and so really even this early in the season this is a six pointer. We win, we are in touch with Sunderland and we have momentum going into some difficult but winnable/drawable games, and we are only six points behind QPR, who would take another blow to their confidence. Lose and we are at the bottom for a while with no momentum and QPR are twelve points ahead, and over their bad patch.

Hmmm, I am feeling an early match thread coming on...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/156 ... rs/?ref=ar

People are falling over themselves to get hold of us for £25m. Makes perfect sense to me, we get into the Prem and are instantly worth £150m.