From the Sore Losers desk

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

From the Sore Losers desk

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:35 am

Scunny chairman weeps into a microphone over us getting promoted. Source: BN
I don’t think Bolton should have gone up. I think financially they were in a huge mess and I still think now that things will come up that show Bolton went up by manipulating the system, as a lot of teams do...
...you look at a team like that who struggled to pay their wages and we, on a third of their wages, were fighting in the league and doing so well, I think deserved that second spot because we did everything right. Why should a team that is run well, pays its taxes and does all the things it should do have a disadvantage over a team or teams that can go into hundreds of millions of pounds worth of debt and still get promoted?
...hopefully Bolton won’t go into liquidation and make it more annoying for all of us. But I bet they will.

EDIT As Kieron Maguire (who lectures on football finance at the University of Liverpool) points out on Twitter, in 2015/16 Scunthorpe's wages were 145% of their turnover...
DNIbHybW4AEXQer.jpg
DNIbHybW4AEXQer.jpg (68.03 KiB) Viewed 1154 times

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: From the Sore Losers desk

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Dear Sour Grapes Chairman.

Bolton went up, ie, were promnoted.. because of the rules. The Football Association rules that is, that say the top two teams, ie, those scoring most points from actually winning games of football (the kick-ball version played on the grass, and not the Monopoly one played in boardrooms) are the ones promoted. Does you team qualify by those rules? If this is not the case, then maybe you should apply to the F.A. to make a special case for your team. I'm sure they'll see your point and probably demote Bolton and promote your much more deserving team.

p.s, a few odd seasons back, Bolton were in the Premier League and the European Cup. Scunthorpe????
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Response of the club's official Twitter was to coincidentally tweet Henry's winning goal last year :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Haha what a fckin turkey! Love that stat about their own wages to turnover problems. What a bell end he looks 👋

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 pm

So there are two c*nts in Scunthorpe, are there?!

I think that Tango's pretty much nailed this one.
May the bridges I burn light your way