The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:44 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm
The National Institute of Economic and Social Research is now saying that the areas with the most votes for Brexit were "not voting against their economic interests" and that indeed, the areas that voted Remain were more likely to suffer economic pain from an exit.
This basically means that the 44 million people outside of London and Scotland have said 'feck you Londoners and Scottish people (39% of you who aren't even native)' you just voted for your own interests which are stacked against ours.'
Obviously there are one or two in't'north who feel more metropolitan/Scot than the rest of us plebs, but equally there are 45% of Scots/Londoners who agree with the majority.
Amazingly (not) nearly 97% of immigrants/asylum seekers/non-domiciles/dependents of people born outside of the UK, resident in Greater London arr against Brexit, whereas only 62% outside of London feel the same.
I see you missed out the bit where they said that Brexit has almost certainly "cost each household an average of £600" and caused economic growth stagnation.
I missed it out deliberately, because if you'd'a read some previous posts of mine you'll understand that I think the benefits of leaving the EU are worth the initial financial pain. So they've just confirmed what I've always said.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 am

What's the planned timeframe for this 'initial economic pain', who will it affect, and how good are the inevitable benefits going to be for us all?

I appreciate that revealing our top secret plans for a post-EU utopia might give our enemies an unsporting advantage (they're everywhere! Probably even reading this, so be careful), but I think it'd be nice for those of us outside the influence of Paul Dacre's fevered imaginings to be allowed a clue as to what the f*ck it is we'll be expecting.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 am
What's the planned timeframe for this 'initial economic pain', who will it affect, and how good are the inevitable benefits going to be for us all?

I appreciate that revealing our top secret plans for a post-EU utopia might give our enemies an unsporting advantage (they're everywhere! Probably even reading this, so be careful), but I think it'd be nice for those of us outside the influence of Paul Dacre's fevered imaginings to be allowed a clue as to what the f*ck it is we'll be expecting.
I can actually see the spittle from your frothing at the mouth...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:10 pm

That's generally the reaction that ideological idiots elicit from me.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Must be really nice to know that only you can hold a valid opinion. Of course you're right, you always are, about everything. Do you feel better now?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:20 pm

And by the way I said "initial financial pain". Economics and Finance are different beasts.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 am

You did.

How long will it last, and what comes next?

Remember, it's you being cocky about making the prediction. If you're prepared to stand by it, then you'll be able to define 'initial' in less vague terms.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 am
You did.

How long will it last, and what comes next?

Remember, it's you being cocky about making the prediction. If you're prepared to stand by it, then you'll be able to define 'initial' in less vague terms.
The initial is probably over. However dependent on just how 'beastly' Mr/s Selmyer, Juncker, Tusk, Merkel etc. get in regard to driving a no deal exit there may well be further downgrading of sterling. This may come as an abrupt fall circa March 2019, or it might take the course of a gradual deterioration with successive lows recorded over many months starting around December 2017 and stretching to circa December 2018.
Either way I'd say an absolute low of parity against the dollar and an exchange rate of 85 Euros to the pound.
And in both cases I'd predict a subsequent surge on the pound during 2019/2020.
Economically, as the report which started this particular argument pointed out, the economic reality of areas that voted 'Leave' will be largely unaffected. Probably only London and the Financial (ironically) and Service sectors will be significantly impacted.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:45 pm

...and if Europe gets particularly stroppy ( a la Rajoy) then other sectors such as Airlines, Car making (but NOT sales or distribution), and third party exports/services based on tax revenue may be hit.
But, on the positive side, the worse the financial hit gets the better the economic prospects of our fisheries, farming, manufacturing, tourist, second party export, tax haven, and internet hosting of international conglomerates becomes.

[so does that define it to your satisfaction, or am I am I still accused of waving my cock about? And by the way, what in particular do you think is going to feck your life up by not being in the EU? Your turn to answer - I bet you don't]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:04 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:45 pm
...and if Europe gets particularly stroppy ( a la Rajoy) then other sectors such as Airlines, Car making (but NOT sales or distribution), and third party exports/services based on tax revenue may be hit.
But, on the positive side, the worse the financial hit gets the better the economic prospects of our fisheries, farming, manufacturing, tourist, second party export, tax haven, and internet hosting of international conglomerates becomes.

[so does that define it to your satisfaction, or am I am I still accused of waving my cock about? And by the way, what in particular do you think is going to feck your life up by not being in the EU? Your turn to answer - I bet you don't]

:lol: They never can answer that, expect twice the airy fairy hand waving they accuse leave of producing.

If it was so good and they could, then we would never had bothered voting in the first place.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am

Good to see the queen hoarding her millions in offshore tax havens. I'm quite relieved as I was very worried what might happen to her and extended hoardes of loafers should you know there be some cuts that affected their estate. Christ they might lose a palace. Heaven forbid.......

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Not really off-shore...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:25 pm

One wonders whether HMRC pursue the likes of Louis Hamilton with as much vigour as the DWP appear to pursue dubious benefit claimants
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:25 pm
One wonders whether HMRC pursue the likes of Louis Hamilton with as much vigour as the DWP appear to pursue dubious benefit claimants
If her Maj is under scrutiny, one wonders who exactly pulls the strings at the blue stocking club in Westminster? I know how it's supposed to work roughly, with the P.M in charge of the garage and stationery department and the police helmets etc, and Chiefs of Police and Mayors of here and there all entitled to two new Jags a year,but who and where does the real decision making actually occur? I mean, all this divine right of bossmanship used to be solely in charge of the treasure chest, and now..??? You have the likes of Roman Abramovitch flirting around in his own personal space ship to dash between his millions, and yet the Queen, yes, that's the queen is being accused of not contributing enough to the budget box by Customs and Excise. If all the cheating and dishonesty in the country were uncovered, would there be enough money to buy us back a police force and buy the railways back off Richard Branston and co...? Louis Hamilton?, he'll probably get a knighthood and a castle in Yorkshire or somewhere. What a cock up of a country we really are! .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am
Good to see the queen hoarding her millions in offshore tax havens. I'm quite relieved as I was very worried what might happen to her and extended hoardes of loafers should you know there be some cuts that affected their estate. Christ they might lose a palace. Heaven forbid.......
Why on earth would she be 'hiding' anything given there is no compulsion for her to pay anything?
Merely keeping things private is nothing to fuss over, you going to publish your tax returns and bank statements on here so all can see and comment on them?
Thought not.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:36 pm

^ It wouldn't be unreasonable to ask to see his financial details if not only all his money was coming from us, but we were doing his house up on the national tab too would it?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:36 pm
^ It wouldn't be unreasonable to ask to see his financial details if not only all his money was coming from us, but we were doing his house up on the national tab too would it?
Well, let's get real shall we?
Either all the Queen's dosh comes from us or it doesn't.
A) If it does it's rather remiss of us not to know how much she has.
B) If it doesn't then she's in the same bracket as Roman Abramovich/Donald Trump/Richard fxckin Branson/ BWFC-i.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Meanwhile the Germans imagine six future scenarios. TBF they don't include the Fourth Reich. But, neither do they include total worldwide disintegration of civilisation due to Climate Change/Asteroid Strike/Unforseen Virus/Kim Jung-un et al., nor do they forsee the end of German/EU hegemony in Europe due to massive third world immigration/Islamist Empire (the real Caliphate)/resurgent Soviet Empire/Chinese Invasion.
None of those scenarios can possssssibly happen, oh no.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:16 pm

And really, anybody who thinks Boris Johnson is responsible for some Iranian-Brit woman for being in prison in Iran is a complete dick. Those responsible are the bearded, medieval-minded, misogynist, Islamic nice people that rule in Iran. Them and them only.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:23 pm

I don't think anyone is claiming he is, but don't let that stop you arguing with yourself again.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.