[Motm Poll added] Does Parky have the Balls to find a winning recipe? Bolton v Norwich 4/11/217

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who was Man of the Match??

Sammi Ameobi
25%
Gary Madine
35%
Ben Alnwick
10%
Karl Henry
15%
Mark Little
10%
Other
5%

Total votes: 20

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Does Parky have the Balls to find a winning recipe? Bolton v Norwich 4/11/217

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Ref is a prick btw.

Clear cut penalty.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Does Parky have the Balls to find a winning recipe? Bolton v Norwich 4/11/217

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Blimey, could this be our day then? One more for the wanderers and I am mystic meg, plus I claim my £5.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:54 pm

'Clear cut penalty.' Arse, fate intervenes again. Lotta subs, gotta be a few mins extra. C'mon whites!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:55 pm

There's the customary goal conceded.

FFS.

Ref will play till they equalise.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Mic lads going bananas at the ref (crowd not too amused either) as a "dead cert pen" is refused. Sammi and...a free kick us now and...four mins again.....and...Madine and...Pinto clears, Beevers clears from Watkins. And as the clock ticks (do digital clocks tick?) And now...Little, them, another sally at us and.......Ben steps up and takes.....And.....and....is that it...? And...Vela makes a last sally at their keeper...and...Sammi goes and...they try a last sally and....Murphy scores.....2-1. us. Would you believe it? :cry: Not clean sheet as Wheats lashes one towrds Mercuray and....that's it. We get the win and the points.....I thank you... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:56 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:55 pm

FFS.

Scratch that.

We win.

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:56 pm

So parky found some balls or a recipe, anyway... Woo ha!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:57 pm

It worked today.

P.S. Vela and Ameobi both played 90+4 minutes.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:54 pm
No.
That was me wrong then... Wahay!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:06 pm

DJBlu wrote:

FFS.

We are a 90 minute team. I dread extra time. Maybe an 80 minute team....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:06 pm
DJBlu wrote:

FFS.

We are a 90 minute team. I dread extra time. Maybe an 80 minute team....
Pessimist. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Great result - well deserved apart from the 1st 20 mins, should have had a penalty near the end when Ameobi was brought down IMO, but compared to how we started the season the team now looks competitive, we even look like a team and the players are certainly giving there all.

At least we now have a decent chance of surviving, so credit where its due.

Perhaps a few more wins will bring the crowds back, as the ground was half empty today

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Great result against a side who's away form was better than their home. We could see why their star forward Jerome hadn't scored in fifteen game.
Thought Alnwick played his part in that victory and the rest of the team couldn't be faulted. We've hit a decent run of form but, cannot defend for the entire game which resulted in the obligatory goal for the opposition, this needs to be addressed.
Keep the faith.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Well done boys. Good result to go into the break. Good luck Boro tomorrow v Mackems. Irksome that Burton won at Millwall, and that Birmingham’s latest away loss was to Barnsley, but at least we can now watch other results with genuine rather than academic interest.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Goo win and we deserved that, we worked hard and apart from the first 20 minutes, we pressed them back instead of sitting back....good 3 points :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Once again Madine worked himself into the ground for the cause. Can't see many doing that. Vela did the same.

Ameobi on a different level.

We tired towards the end and frankly we were slightly lucky they didn't take that chance with about ten minutes left. If they had I'd not have fancied us hanging on really.

Also thought Robinson had a great game, but has a lot to learn still about the art of defending. Made one superb clearing header to prevent a goal.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Well done parky and the player , I'm did not expect this turn around , but Vela and ameobi seems like our ronaldo and messi .
Five game undefeated and score in all of them two win three draw in this three draw we can we score first but concede in last ten minute , we need to continue this streak as far as we can .

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Well done lads. Did not have much possession but we were always a threat with Ameobi who is playing at a different level to everyone else. If we can keep him fit we will comfortably survive.

Thought Alnwick had an outstanding game and was my man of the match for some crucial saves and command of his box. Special mentions to Little and Madine. We also seem to have a real good player in Will Buckley. He caused problems when he came on and I look forward to seeing more of him. He is a more natural player in that position than Armstrong who I am happy for, scoring that lovely goal.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 pm

View from the West Stand Upper:

The first 25 minutes was terrible. Norwich completely dominated possession, looked like they were going to exploit Robinson at left back at will, and created two clear chances that thankfully Cameron Jerome spurned, albeit forcing Alnwick into a good save with one of them. Then Ameobi skinned their left back and put in a really intelligent chip with his weaker right foot to the back post where Armstrong headed a good chance over. That seemed to get us going and a few minutes later Madine scored after Pratley did well to break into the box and cross low into the six yard box. Then Little crossed from the right hand side, Madine half controlled it on the edge of the box, and Armstrong pounced to fire home from 20 yards in off the post.

The second half was pretty even for the most part with few chances until inexplicably a straight pass from defence somehow set their striker clear through and goal and he somehow managed to fire straight at Alnwick who saved and the rebound hit the striker and dribbled just wide. This chance was reminiscent of Sunderland's first goal on Tuesday, and it is something we need to sort out because it was too easy. They then scored with about 30 seconds left, but there was no time for any nail biting as the ref blew and we won. Cue Sweet Caroline and Amarillo. Weeeee.

No spectacular long range strike for Ameobi this time but for me he put in his best performance I have seen from him in a Bolton shirt and was a clear motm. He looked the best player on the pitch by a distance and still looked strong at the end of the game. Alnwick had a sound game and made a couple of crucial saves at important times, and Madine played well and got his goal. I still see problems with Beevers and Wheater at this level, and I wonder if Burke or Derik would provide more pace and better quality on the ball, which at this level are maybe more important than simply being 6ft 4in+. Parky won't change it for a while but I suspect it is an area we will be forced to discuss again soon.

Anyway, onwards and more importantly upwards. We can beat Preston. COYW.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:42 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:40 pm
Well done lads. Did not have much possession but we were always a threat with Ameobi who is playing at a different level to everyone else. If we can keep him fit we will comfortably survive.

Thought Alnwick had an outstanding game and was my man of the match for some crucial saves and command of his box. Special mentions to Little and Madine. We also seem to have a real good player in Will Buckley. He caused problems when he came on and I look forward to seeing more of him. He is a more natural player in that position than Armstrong who I am happy for, scoring that lovely goal.
Thought Buckley was ineffective myself and looked very far from the pace of the game. An odd choice to bring him on at that stage too I thought, given his lack of game time.