Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Amazingly (or not as the case may be) we'd never heard/observed, of Halloween as such, a thousand years ago when we were kids except in a religious/pagan nature.(Gee, I only learned about the occult by reading Dennis Wheatley) Firework letting off on Bonfire night (we couldn't afford fireworks any other time even if they had been on open sale) , Guy Fawkes stuff yes, but zombies and such were the stuff of comics, mainly American. We must be lucky because we just get a few neighbourhood kids dressing up and door knocking. Wife buys sweets and stuff and we don't give money, nor is it expected. All over by 7-o'clock. Wish the pyrotechnic zombies were in bed by that time. Poor dog has had a bad case of diahorea from being terrified of fireworks...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:29 pm

It's f*cking rubbish too, which is overlooked. Once I'm past the joys of free-flowing waps on "sexy" "dead" nurses, nothing makes me feel more out of touch than seeing people with mortgages dressed up as zombies. Get a grip.

Bonfire night better in every way, and doesn't deserve its now diminished role. Parkin fire and fireworks. Lovely stuff. Agree generally that fireworks are too frequent these days, but I'm all for them on bonfire night.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 pm

I'd ban halloween if it were up to me. Awful, Americanized nonsense.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:51 pm

yeah, fecking young kids getting dressed up in fancy dress and enjoying themselves for a night, all for the cost of a few bags of haribos. I'd ban it. What's the world coming to? Its those bloody Americans fault it is....

Come on - get a grip will you all. If you dont like haloween then don't get involved. Simple. Otherwise, just let a load of kids just have a nice night without causing any harm .......

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:57 am

364 days a year - don't accept sweets from strangers.
1 day a year - accept as many sweets as you can from strangers.

This isn't confusing or contradictory for a child at all.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 am

dave the minion wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:51 pm
yeah, fecking young kids getting dressed up in fancy dress and enjoying themselves for a night, all for the cost of a few bags of haribos. I'd ban it. What's the world coming to? Its those bloody Americans fault it is....

Come on - get a grip will you all. If you dont like haloween then don't get involved. Simple. Otherwise, just let a load of kids just have a nice night without causing any harm .......
Ahhh, you mean like these kids having a nice night enjoying the evening?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslive ... li=BBoPWjQ

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:57 am

It isn't confusing at all. Its hardly the same is it....

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:22 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 am
dave the minion wrote:

Of course I don't mean like those kids. Feral kids behaving badly on halloween is no different that feral kids behaving badly on any other night of the year - they shouldn't do it, but its hardly halloween's fault and we shouldn't be banning halloween just because a few kids act up. By that logic, lets bank football shall we, as a few knob-heads cause trouble at matches? Shall we ban everyone from driving to prevent the relatively isolated outbreaks of road rage.

For the most part halloween is an excuse for little kids to get dressed up with their mates, stay out a bit late (hopefully supervised by adults) and get some sweets from people who mostly advertise the fact they are part of it by covering their houses in tat. Hardly a problem is it?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:07 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:22 am
Hoboh wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 am
dave the minion wrote:

Of course I don't mean like those kids. Feral kids behaving badly on halloween is no different that feral kids behaving badly on any other night of the year - they shouldn't do it, but its hardly halloween's fault and we shouldn't be banning halloween just because a few kids act up. By that logic, lets bank football shall we, as a few knob-heads cause trouble at matches? Shall we ban everyone from driving to prevent the relatively isolated outbreaks of road rage.

For the most part halloween is an excuse for little kids to get dressed up with their mates, stay out a bit late (hopefully supervised by adults) and get some sweets from people who mostly advertise the fact they are part of it by covering their houses in tat. Hardly a problem is it?
I, personally, have no problem with Halloween (despite my local looking like a Hammer House of Horror filmset). It's fxckin' fireworks I was moaning about [thought I'd get another moan in there].
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:29 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Yes, of course, young children have great cognitive reasoning. It's a mixed message and it's stupid.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm

I have no problem with Halloween for the teeny tinies. It's adults who should know better I can't handle (i.e. my friends and their obsession with fancy f*cking dress). In fact the building committee of the flats I live in had a nice scheme where you took a little picture of a pumpkin and stuck it on your door if you were happy for kids to trick or treat. It was very Islington (by which I mean "nice").

I didn't take one, obviously.

It's also still not as good as bonfire night.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:29 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Yes, of course, young children have great cognitive reasoning. It's a mixed message and it's stupid.
Well my young children fully get not to accept sweets from strangers and yet seem to cope with Halloween Ok without it screwing with their brains.

I'm reasonably sure your average kid can spot the difference between a complete stranger approaching them unsolicited and offering them sweets, and going out with a group of friends in fancy dress - chapperoned by parents - and knocking on people's doors who've invited them to do so by putting loads of halloween tat outside.... And if they can't, then the job of the parents is to make damn sure they do understand the difference.

Rocket science it aint....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Outside of seasonal annoyances today has slowly built up an Angry Day score higher than usual.
1st the central heating engineer due to service my boiler turned up two hours early when I was still in bed, and then after having woken me didn't wait for me to get dressed but then fxcked off into the sunrise.
2nd the neighbour got out his new leafblower, the tw*t. What is the point? What's wrong with a brush? Why just push the leaves around into piles on pavements only for them to be blown back again in the merest breeze?
3rdly disgusting public eating. Huge fat bloke sat down at my table encroaching on my personal space, ordered cheesy chips with garlic bread and then got stuck in. There's more fxckin cheese bits and garlic bread crumbs on the table than in his gob, and then the cheeky feck just brushed the detritus onto the floor - my lap in this instance seems to be counted as part of the floor! (No, I didn't say anything, just glared at the fat bastard).

At least Monty's come up with the goods and that's cheered me up no end.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:14 pm

My beef was also about fireworks, not kids, who are no trouble at all in my area. Wasn't always the case though; a few years back I asked a masked marauder how old he was. When he said eleven I asked him to remove his mask so I could see what a six feet tall eleven year old looked like. I gave the kid with him twenty pence and they scarpered. There we complaints about much older firework fusileers door knocking and it stopped after police action. Kids and their parents in our area tend to go around in a group which is better all round.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 pm
:lol: Does it stipulate "Including Farnworth"? ..Only I don't think they, along with traffic controllers and various other "authorities" here have actually been notified yet. Controlled? Yeah, right.
Farny's a no-go zone though. My uncle used to work on a Co-op milk float around Highfield Road, as a rear gunner. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:45 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 pm
:lol: Does it stipulate "Including Farnworth"? ..Only I don't think they, along with traffic controllers and various other "authorities" here have actually been notified yet. Controlled? Yeah, right.
Farny's a no-go zone though. My uncle used to work on a Co-op milk float around Highfield Road, as a rear gunner. ;)
Not much has changed; last night's "family firework fun" was like what I imagine Beirut and co to be like, only noisier, and we had a nutter in a stolen Audi racing around Highfield at Mach speeds ( they got him) At least Highfield has lost Farnworth's answer to Dodge City's saloon, The Flying Housebrick( Shuttle) to closure, although prior to that The Raven and The Lancastrian both gave Wood Street, The Griffin and The Rocket runs for their money. Not for the faint-hearted is Farnworth.. :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Remember, remember the first of September through to the thirteenth of November. C**ts.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 pm
Remember, remember the first of September through to the thirteenth of November. C**ts.
Went in Morrisons yesterday for the weekly shop. Halloween gone? First thing I saw was a rack of Christmas sweaters just inside the doors. Somebody in our road has a lit up Christmas tree outside their front door. Crazy.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:42 am

Drove past what used to be HW Audio on St George's Rd earlier, only to see that it's currently a dedicated firework shop. c*nts.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:33 pm

It's moved two doors up to the old Volvo garage fella. Don't worry!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.