The Weather

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Weather

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm
It's a bit odd here. -42ºC a week ago and +10ºC today. Quite a shift in a few days. Major snow warning for the weekend. :(
The worm turned again. Now -10ºC and 25cms of snow coming down. For once the forecasters appear to be correct.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Well so far the beast from the east has been a major disappointment round my neck of the woods.
Yesterday it snowed all day, and not a single snowflake could be found on the bone dry ground... which was feckin weird. A similar story looked set for today, until just before sunset an extraordinarily dense snow flurry deposited about two cm on the ground, and instead of efflorescing into the atmosphere like all the other flurries did, it partially melted. And then froze. It's now fxcking lethal. You can't even tell where the frozen layer is, but it's frictionless. I've just observed a woman land on her arse seven times just crossing the street, and people going to help her up ending up in the same situation...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:06 pm

Heard on the radio this morning by a friend reference the weather in Manchester (about one inch of snow) . The announcer said.." Together we can get through this..!"......... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 pm

WARNING

SNOWMAGEDDON

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 am

Just one car in my work's car park this morning, mine...
ae:)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 am

It's 4ucking embarrassing. Two inches of snow accounts for 15 minutes worth of the 10 O'clock News.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:35 am

Batten down the hatches, here it comes again. Looks to be heavy, could reach half an inch by tonight...Must be different stuff than has come down every year I can remember (that's a few years) Such excitement... :lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:04 am

Think you lot have got it bad, see what I'm having to cope with today...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 am

^ Orange Snow! Yuck.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Yaahoooooo. The real stuff has just hit us. Blizzards, dry snow, six inches dropped in half an hour, knee high drifts in proper winter minus centigrade temperatures and wind gusting up to 50mph. Visibility down to the extent of your arm.
I love it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Just come in from dog walking .We've got the really bitter knifing winds and irregular blasts of snowflakes that don't stick much. No depth of snow at all and dry flags in places. Nowt to write home about except it's xxxxx freezing.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:27 am

Car wouldn't start, recovery people jumped it and needed a new battery.

Had to pick the other half up at about 9.30pm. Having driven out and back previously and now having a new battery I was confident I could at least get out of my drive... "was". Struggled. Turned TRC off and whacked it in second and it literally took me 5 minutes to get up a fairly short but steep drive.

8.30am after the recovery people jumped me I was told to drive around for 40 minutes. Having no imagination I decided to see what it was like on the fairly major roads to my gf's work. These aren't dual carriageways they're fairly major roads, but hilly. There were SUVs pulling over and stopping because they couldn't get any further. When I remembered about the TRC I wasn't too bad but I turned around long before I got anywhere near where I was headed.

Oh and non-freezing screenwash has frozen. :lol:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:54 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 am
^ Orange Snow! Yuck.
That'll be the sand. It often rains mud here when there are sandstorms and rain about. I won't miss it! 34 days to go :oyea:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 am

We've been in a cottage in Wales this week. Water pipes froze on day one. We usually explore the surrounding areas but the car hasn't moved since we got here. Every dog walk feels like I'm Capt Oates!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 am
We've been in a cottage in Wales this week. Water pipes froze on day one. We usually explore the surrounding areas but the car hasn't moved since we got here. Every dog walk feels like I'm Capt Oates!
Not ideal pre-booking then Harry. :) Here, it's the temperature and the wicked slicing wind that's bad. Constant snowflakes but only a couple of inches at best. Mind you, that's in Farnworth, the land of dreams. Not called Moses Gate for nothing.. :wink: (minus 5/6 last night but the wind makes it feel like minus 46)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Parked the car up on the road last night because some idiot had abandoned a car in front of my garage. This morning there was a four foot drift on the windward side right up to its roofline and bare pavement on the other.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 am
Not ideal pre-booking then Harry. :) Here, it's the temperature and the wicked slicing wind that's bad. Constant snowflakes but only a couple of inches at best. Mind you, that's in Farnworth, the land of dreams. Not called Moses Gate for nothing.. :wink: (minus 5/6 last night but the wind makes it feel like minus 46)
A minor inconvenience and when the alternative is being stuck in traffic to and from work, a welcome break none the less. Dog walks are being kept to a minimum. It's far too cold to be out for a few hours
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 am

Going to get my welding kit out, should make a fortune off all the brass monkeys.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:19 am

Don't know what it's like for everyone else but here the second "mini" beast from the east is worse than the first. Seemed fine at about 6pm last night but by 9pm the car had vanished. Roads that were fine last time are causing problems this time. Maybe it's that there are less cars on a weekend or the roads haven't been gritted.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:01 am

Still getting drifting snowflakes here right this minute and a dusting of snow, but nothing more than that. It's the wind that's the real villain. Uterly bitter slicing strong howling wind in the minuses that freezes bollox on stone lions. Not fun at all.