1 ppg avg would be suffolking good come Saturday Knight. BWFC v Ipswich 20/1/18 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: 1 ppg avg would be suffolking good come Saturday Knight. BWFC v Ipswich 20/1/18 3pm

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:54 pm

A shame that we couldn't hang on but a draw was a fair result.

Another top drawer performance from Madine along with both Robinson & Dervite, who i think had his best game I've seen him have for us.

Morais was so close to making it 2-0 then minutes later they punished us.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 1 ppg avg would be suffolking good come Saturday Knight. BWFC v Ipswich 20/1/18 3pm

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Could have been three up by the time they equalised, mildly fortunate to come away with a point after they smacked the post late on. Dervite and Derik both had very steady games, in fact I'd say that Dervite ran Madine a short second for MotM today. However, collectively our defence stood like statues as Ipswich moved thee ball through them for their goal.

No game for the neutral and overall I'd say one apiece was a fair result.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 pm

I don't share the doom and gloom on here. Definitely a case of two points dropped, however, the team we had out there, I think a point a decent result, considering Henry visibly tired and Dervite hasn't played since the start of the season.

We are out of the bottom three and it's far from disaster.

We've spent less than every single team in this division and been under embargo for two years. We now have a massive two weeks where Parky has to be given the resources to strengthen this squad as he sees fit.

If he is then we have a chance. If he isn't then we are heading back down. But we'd have taken this position at this stage with open arms at the start of the season and even more so after 10 games.

There are clear issues. Derik isn't good enough. Buckley is trying hard but not producing. Ameobi is having an off spell and being kicked out of games.

However, Madine is the hope. He looks one of the best strikers in this division. And Ipswich couldn't handle him. Our hopes rest with bringing in some supporting cast to give him better service and keep the door locked at the other end.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 pm
I don't share the doom and gloom on here. Definitely a case of two points dropped, however, the team we had out there, I think a point a decent result, considering Henry visibly tired and Dervite hasn't played since the start of the season.

We are out of the bottom three and it's far from disaster.

We've spent less than every single team in this division and been under embargo for two years. We now have a massive two weeks where Parky has to be given the resources to strengthen this squad as he sees fit.

If he is then we have a chance. If he isn't then we are heading back down. But we'd have taken this position at this stage with open arms at the start of the season and even more so after 10 games.

There are clear issues. Derik isn't good enough. Buckley is trying hard but not producing. Ameobi is having an off spell and being kicked out of games. However, Madine is the hope. He looks one of the best strikers in this division. And Ipswich couldn't handle him. Our hopes rest with bringing in some supporting cast to give him better service and keep the door locked at the other end.
Would you believe I actually agree with all of that, Insaney? (at least the sentiments part not having seen the game). Every team we play and managers we face have similar aims and sentiments to ours. We don't give one about others performances or results, but can't expect to be better than everyone else in the lower half - bearing in mind our trials and tribulations - and we're actually the poor relations striving to keep up with the Jones's. Who actually expected a win today? (expected, not hoped for). All in all and considering the rest of the battlefield, if we can just keep screwing something we'll probably end up safe; and that's been the aim since the season started, has it not?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Derik isn't good enough.
Derik isn't good enough at what exactly? He plays wherever he's asked to play and generally gives a reasonable account of himself. He certainly held his own at RB today. If you think we can find a better cover player for the money we haven't got then I look forward to seeing him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:26 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Derik isn't good enough.
Derik isn't good enough at what exactly? He plays wherever he's asked to play and generally gives a reasonable account of himself. He certainly held his own at RB today. If you think we can find a better cover player for the money we haven't got then I look forward to seeing him.
Eh? I think you are confusing him and Little...Little is good.

Derik is not.

Sorry, but he was meant to be playing in midfield. The fact you think he played right back probably sums up my case tbh...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:36 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Derik isn't good enough.

Derik is not.

Sorry, but he was meant to be playing in midfield. The fact you think he played right back probably sums up my case tbh...
Only in your head does that scenario exist.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Derik isn't good enough.

Derik is not.

In my head?

Where the hell did you think Mark Little played today?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Derik isn't good enough.

Derik is not.

In my head?

If you couldn't see the amount of time Derik spent at RB having dropped in behind Little when he pushed up then perhaps 'they all look the same' to you.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Derik isn't good enough.

Derik is not.

In my head?

If you couldn't see the amount of time Derik spent at RB having dropped in behind Little when he pushed up then perhaps 'they all look the same' to you.
Feck me. He played in midfield. Ameobi was in the right back position when they scored it doesn't mean he played right back. Nor did Madine play centre half just because he headed a corner out of our box.

You've got a bit mixed up, just come clean.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Feck me. He played in midfield. Ameobi was in the right back position when they scored it doesn't mean he played right back. Nor did Madine play centre half just because he headed a corner out of our box.

If you'd bother to read, I said that he spent large parts of the game covering at right back. What the feck has it to do with anything that ameobi dropped in when they scored, other than to prove me right about how decent a job Derik did when he covered.

Your Madine remark just sees you reverting to your default setting of patronising wanker. Well done.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm

If you'd bother to read, I said that he spent large parts of the game covering at right back. What the feck has it to do with anything that ameobi dropped in when they scored, other than to prove me right about how decent a job Derik did when he covered.

Your Madine remark just sees you reverting to your default setting of patronising wanker. Well done.
No. You said he played at RB.

Whilst on the subject of their goal. Look at Derik statuesque neither pressing or covering as they move the ball around him.

He's a utility player who isn't very good in any position. That's his problem.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:00 pm

View from the West Stand Upper:

A turgid game and a draw was a fair result in the end. I felt we were the slightly better team for most of the game, but in the last fifteen minutes our midfield went awol, and they could have won it late on when they hit the post. Parky in his radio interview suggested fatigue may have been a factor and Henry had only trained for two days, so that explains it. I think Derik did a reasonable job alongside Henry for much of the game, but he is a defender by trade and doesn't look to have the engine to do a central midfield role in a Parky team for 90 minutes. Also, Vela had one of his poorest games I have seen from him.

Dervite had a really good game and for me shaded Madine for motm, which makes it more mystifying that he hasn't been around the team for months. Both Dervite and Burke have way more ability than Beevers.

I didn't think much of Ipswich. Their midfield is one of the worst I have seen, possibly second only to ours when Henry and Pratley aren't able to play. Their defence wasn't particularly tested too much, but looked decidedly average. They do have a number of dangerous attacking players though which compensates somewhat.

We missed a chance to put some daylight between ourselves and the bottom few. Everyone else plays next Saturday or the Tuesday after, so we will probably be in the bottom three when we next play. And our next three games are 5th placed Bristol City, a surging 7th placed Fulham, and a daunting looking trip to 3rd placed Cardiff. We would do well not to be bottom of the table on Valentines day. Having said that, I felt today was more evidence that we aren't a bad Championship team. We have the ability to survive. We now have eleven days of transfer speculation to deal with. We have to keep Madine to have a chance of staying up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:12 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:00 pm
Vela had one of his poorest games I have seen from him.
Seems to be said a lot recently...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:32 am

Vela is always busy but apart from putting the opposition defence under a bit of pressure he's just not contributing enough for me at the moment. He had a great opportunity to score what surely would have been the quickest goal ever seen at the 'bok but I'm struggling to think of much else
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:22 am

Vela was poor. And has been poor for a while. Not sure what is going on with him. I even think his workrate has dipped a bit. We don’t have any credible options to rest him though.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:10 am

How about the credible option we signed last week who played at Brentford and didn’t make the bench yesterday?

If we are allowed to sign anyone this week I’d like them to be someone who could get in the fecking team for a change!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:10 am
How about the credible option we signed last week who played at Brentford and didn’t make the bench yesterday?

If we are allowed to sign anyone this week I’d like them to be someone who could get in the fecking team for a change!

Maybe. But a young lad doing that job week in week out seems unlikely. I thought he’d be a good option off the bench. Not sure why he wasn’t involved.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:10 am

Maybe. But a young lad doing that job week in week out seems unlikely. I thought he’d be a good option off the bench. Not sure why he wasn’t involved.
He was replaced at Brentford after 10 second-half minutes by Will Buckley, who snuck back into the XI this weekend under cover of Henry/Pratley. That left-sided role is a problem and I think Charsley could do a job there - at Brentford he was very keen to cover the ground but also do something with the round thing once he got hold of it. Yes, he tired, but he showed enough in that first 45 to give me hope; Buckley and Noone seem to constantly disappoint, and I don't know quite how PP got the idea that Buckley had done enough at Brentford to win a place back off Morais, who'd put in several more dangerous crosses. Bloke in front of me at Griffin Park had just said "he's a one-trick pony, Morais" when the Postman put a perfect cross on to Madine's head, to which I couldn't help but lean forward and say "aye, but it's a f*cking good trick".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I don't share the doom and gloom on here...
Madine is the hope.
You're fxcking obsessed. He's not the hope. He's one player in a less than average team for the division they play in. He's OK at best. The fact most of the rest of the team are less than sufficient doesn't turn him into Jesus Christ Superstar.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください