What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Just given up on 'Jackie'. Boring shite
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 pm

Just watched "The Walk". Hadn't seen it before, about a French high-wire walker ( Phillipe Petit) and his incredible nerve and skill in walkling a wire across the tops of the Twin Towers in New York. (Before their terrible disaster of course) Absolutely gut wrenching filming and effects and a true story. Amazing.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 pm
Just watched "The Walk". Hadn't seen it before, about a French high-wire walker ( Phillipe Petit) and his incredible nerve and skill in walkling a wire across the tops of the Twin Towers in New York. (Before their terrible disaster of course) Absolutely gut wrenching filming and effects and a true story. Amazing.
You should watch the documentary Man on Wire, it's even better.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:49 pm

The City and the City.
There's a reason why it was called an "unfilmable" novel.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:49 pm

The Journeyman this evening. Harrowing and upsetting. An outstanding performance from Paddy Considine
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 am

I'm watching (a bit fearfully and hopefully) the last few drops of water drip from underneath my kitchen sink where the mesh pipe sprung a leak (fine hole) and started spraying everywhere with cold water. This was at 11-0'clock tonight and I think I've managed to drain everything off (including the outside hose connection. and fill a couple of buckets and jugs, kettle, for brews,toilet flush etc, till morning. Have to get the plumber out then, so that's good bye to another few bob. :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Frightening the shxt out of myself watching this....terrifying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R3-YwDZrzg

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Oh boy, girl-power taking over the planet ain't in it. :) Watched "Forbidden History" last night on "Yesterday TV". Latest theoy is that Mary Magdalene may well not only have been as important as Jesus; probably his wife and had his childen, but she may also have been the actual Saviour and Jesus was just crucified in her place to protact her! Lots have maybe's and what ifs of course, and relics and sites galore in southern France, and a female professor and a famale historian in charge of it all, but hey God doesn't seem to figure much in it all. Dan Brown eat your heart out...To be continued... :wink:

MattySlug
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MattySlug » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 am

I rarely watch anything,
But Last Night I watched a FULL Episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver which airs 10 or 11PM Sundays on HBO in the USA.
:D

oh I just remembered this, last week he had a whinge as the week before he had a go at British Parliament...
But he then found out when the show screened in the UK that particular bit was edited out!

Because of the Laws around having a laugh at Parliament on TV and so on.

(I didn't watch both of those episodes but I was in the room and heard that bit.)

MattySlug
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MattySlug » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:23 am

Awoke at 5am today to wee,
Set up the Couch and watched the 2nd half of Russia - Egypt! :D

Then I was a Bugger to wake up at 8am!!! :( :oops: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:05 am

MattySlug wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 am
I rarely watch anything,
But Last Night I watched a FULL Episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver which airs 10 or 11PM Sundays on HBO in the USA.
:D
I regularly watch John Oliver's slots on YouTube, Matty. Very good indeed.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Bang up for tonight, two of all time favourite artists on the same bill.

Gaslight Anthem doing a 10-year anniversary tour of The '59 Sound. Supported by Dave Hause (best voice I've ever heard live) and The Flatliners (who I saw support Hot Water Music a few months ago and really enjoyed).

Yes. Please.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am

So, having finally succumbed to getting Netflix, after literally years of mither from, well, pretty much everyone I know I've got round to watching Breaking Bad. Having now watched the entire first series can somebody please tell me as to just what the 4uck all the fuss is about? It's decent television fair enough, but I'd been told that my life's incomplete for never having watched this thing. I've made a start on series 2 which seems to be an improvement, but it certainly isn't anything that I'll be staying up late to watch. :conf:

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am
So, having finally succumbed to getting Netflix, after literally years of mither from, well, pretty much everyone I know I've got round to watching Breaking Bad. Having now watched the entire first series can somebody please tell me as to just what the 4uck all the fuss is about? It's decent television fair enough, but I'd been told that my life's incomplete for never having watched this thing. I've made a start on series 2 which seems to be an improvement, but it certainly isn't anything that I'll be staying up late to watch. :conf:
End of season 2/start of season 3 is when it starts to crank up. Season 1 is more of a dark comedy than a full-blown drama.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:57 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am
End of season 2/start of season 3 is when it starts to crank up. Season 1 is more of a dark comedy than a full-blown drama.
Good call. Watched a couple more from series 2 last night and it's starting to get good.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Just watched the European Cham pionships (as I have every day) . Fantastic performance by all the Brits but Dina Asher Smith is the new Brit speed queen; a female Usain Bolt. 100m gold, 200m gold and tonight 4 x 100m relay gold. Incredible.

Edit: And now the Brit men just took the 4 x 100m relay gold and topped the athletics medal table. . Superb.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Finally got around to watching Hannah Gadsby's Nanette on Netflix, the joint winner of last year's Fringe award.

Some great comedy shows are like watching a craft you recognise performed at its peak, others are like a whole new game. Cried and laughed. It's an absolute must watch.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:39 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Finally got around to watching Hannah Gadsby's Nanette on Netflix, the joint winner of last year's Fringe award.

Some great comedy shows are like watching a craft you recognise performed at its peak, others are like a whole new game. Cried and laughed. It's an absolute must watch.
One for TD?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:39 am
Prufrock wrote:

One for TD?
Oh, do cover your hairy chest up Insaney, medallions are so Engelbert Humperdinck. :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:39 am
Prufrock wrote:

One for TD?
Oh, do cover your hairy chest up Insaney, medallions are so Engelbert Humperdinck. :lol:
Are you gonna watch it?