Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:19 pm

After a long hard slog at the office, just got home and playing with the dog before I take her out for a post dinner long country walk. Meanwhile the what-was-once-a-neighbour but is now a holiday let are out in force. Speakers blaring outside like they're at a fxckin' rave, heads bobbing up and down like seals in their manky hot tub and clouds of stinking black noxious fxckin' smoke that would make Krakatoa jealous coming out of some tin contraption that looks like a crashed mini. Oh joy, the cxnts are having a B-B-Q.
It's 9 degrees Centigrade. It's Drizzling. And the fxckers are partying like the world is ending.
There should be a law about Dicks, Holiday Lets, and Local Residents. Something akin to the law that should recognize Burglary, Death by your own Screwdriver, and Decorating Local Resident's Fences With Posies.
That is fxck off and fester somewhere else...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:32 pm

If you ain't angry now, I'll bet when you are you're something to behold Spots. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:32 pm
If you ain't angry now, I'll bet when you are you're something to behold Spots. :lol:
I was merely mildly irritated Tango... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Today I have just delivered a variation to an ongoing contract. I used me and three blokes when the proposal said six bods, and instead of 85 working days as per proposal we've done it in 23. The variation brought in a quarter of a million quid and our margin on that is now £214,000 instead of the £46,000 estimated by our finance sheet.
And what do I get for that - an email from my line manager with a smiley face attached. I'd have prefered a bonus or a wage rise thanks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:47 pm
Today I have just delivered a variation to an ongoing contract. I used me and three blokes when the proposal said six bods, and instead of 85 working days as per proposal we've done it in 23. The variation brought in a quarter of a million quid and our margin on that is now £214,000 instead of the £46,000 estimated by our finance sheet.
And what do I get for that - an email from my line manager with a smiley face attached. I'd have prefered a bonus or a wage rise thanks.
Never had you down for being naive spots.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:47 pm
Never had you down for being naive spots.
Neither had I. I've learnt better now though... the fxckers will regret it (even if they don't realise they've regretted it - I've got 3 years and 2 months before I retire: I will be doing the minimum I can during that period, and in fact doing a negative contribution for the stingy cxnts).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

So school clocks are to be of the digital variety because students can't tell the time with analog clocks? Nothing to be angry about, my time ( what's left of it) will be told as it's always been told, via an analog clock/watch face (watch being useful as a compass if you know how), but why exactly aren't kids able to tell the time? Surely that's the duty of parents, not teachers?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2 ... rs-unable/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:17 am

As generations go by old skills are lost and new ones gained. The question is, are the new ones ultimately useful in life. Time will tell, but I suspect some will and many won't, but it's always been so...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:33 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm
So school clocks are to be of the digital variety because students can't tell the time with analog clocks? Nothing to be angry about, my time ( what's left of it) will be told as it's always been told, via an analog clock/watch face (watch being useful as a compass if you know how), but why exactly aren't kids able to tell the time? Surely that's the duty of parents, not teachers?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2 ... rs-unable/
I imagine most parents have more pressing matters than teaching their kids analogue clocks. And analogue clocks are part of the curriculum.

I notice Rachel Riley had a rant about this on the radio yesterday, calling the decision ridiculous. If analogue clocks are good enough for Rachel, they're good enough for me!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 am

Little c*nts don't even no how to use a mangle either. Or ride a horse.

I'm not biased either. I could tell the time on an analogue clock at 3. My mum says that was the first time she really knew I was destined for greatness.

Spying on this country is f*cked mind. "He's on your six..."
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:22 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 am
Little c*nts don't even no how to use a mangle either. Or ride a horse.

I'm not biased either. I could tell the time on an analogue clock at 3. My mum says that was the first time she really knew I was destined for greatness.

Spying on this country is f*cked mind. "He's on your six..."
Rachel's prettier than you.....so you put up a good fight, but ultimately...yay for analogues.....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Digital cuckoo clocks are shit.
(Anybody who doesn't know how to use a mangle must be special needs).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am

Just bemused really.

House of Fraser, a company employing 17,500 people (including concession staff) has just sold its 59 stores including every stick of stock in the business for £90m.

This week Chelsea spent £70m on a Goalie.

4ucking mental.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am
Just bemused really.

House of Fraser, a company employing 17,500 people (including concession staff) has just sold its 59 stores including every stick of stock in the business for £90m.

4ucking mental.
I'm past the point of being able to comprehend football transfer fees and general economics. Its so utterly bonkers that it doesn't seem to relate in any way to any other industry.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Just bemused really.

4ucking mental.
I'm past the point of being able to comprehend football transfer fees and general economics. Its so utterly bonkers that it doesn't seem to relate in any way to any other industry.
Indeed, so if you're Mike Ashley with a foot in either camp, is it really any wonder that he's loathe to blow say £15m on some barely-proven footballer when he's only too aware as to what the same sum might buy him in the 'real world'?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Just bemused really.

4ucking mental.
Indeed, so if you're Mike Ashley with a foot in either camp, is it really any wonder that he's loathe to blow say £15m on some barely-proven footballer when he's only too aware as to what the same sum might buy him in the 'real world'?
Same with our Ken. 1.25M for a 30 year old striker Ipswich want shut of, or buy more London restaurants or property?

I know which will be the better investment for him.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Just bemused really.

4ucking mental.
I just heard some union johnny on the radio saying Ashley must guarantee all those jobs ...

... and I thought I was out of touch with reality.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Just bemused really.

4ucking mental.
I just heard some union johnny on the radio saying Ashley must guarantee all those jobs ...

... and I thought I was out of touch with reality.
Well, that's a union johnny for you. Quite unbelievable.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 am

I wonder how many of those 17,500 people use Amazon.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Cheezus Christ!
JK Rowling, the author who has an estimated fortune of £650,000,000 is suing her former PA for £24,000!
What, you don't have enough cash?
The former PA has already been sacked for gross misconduct.
So, instead of looking like a really really really really really greedy cxnt Mrs Murray (a.ka. Ms Rowling) why don't you a) just not give your former PA a reference, and b) report her to the police for theft and let them and the CPS deal with her???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください