Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should BWFC sack Phil Parkinson?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 69

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 02, 2018 2:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:05 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:46 am

I' m dismissing him on the basis there is absolutely no evidence he has any of the requisite skills or knowledge to do the job. Added to that he seems dull, has no detectable charisma and his first job ended in failure.
You are Jane Austen and I claim my signed copy of Pride and Prejudice... :lol:
What makes Kevin Davies qualified to manage us?
Possibly the fact that we're in danger of relagation with one game left and can't afford Jose Maurinho? . How bad does it have to be? (I did say elsewhere that I'd be happy with Kevin Nolan manager with K.D as assistant)
There are a LOT of picks in between Kevin Davies and Mourinho. You're not justifying why you'd appoint Davies over someone with actual experience who has demonstrated an ability to do the job successfully. We have absolutely no idea if KD has any of the skills or qualities needed. It doesn't make any sense to appoint him over a whole host of people with more experience. And like I say, KD isn't exactly the most eloquent or charismatic bloke. See what happened when Valencia appointed Gary Neville because he talked sense and had a personality....being a manager takes a very special and rare set of skills. Plucking a player out because he once played for us and took the knocks for us up front is about as ludicrous a way to appoint as you can imagine.

EVEN if you restrict yourself to former BWFC players there are people with vastly more managerial experience out there who no doubt would be interested.

Edit: And if your criteria for a manager is so low, we could just go and pick from a whole host of non league managers who've been more successful than Davies. In fact we could just get one who has failed, because that would be the same....
Attachments
cap.JPG
cap.JPG (79.35 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Wed May 02, 2018 4:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:05 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:46 am

I' m dismissing him on the basis there is absolutely no evidence he has any of the requisite skills or knowledge to do the job. Added to that he seems dull, has no detectable charisma and his first job ended in failure.
You are Jane Austen and I claim my signed copy of Pride and Prejudice... :lol:
What makes Kevin Davies qualified to manage us?
Possibly the fact that we're in danger of relagation with one game left and can't afford Jose Maurinho? . How bad does it have to be? (I did say elsewhere that I'd be happy with Kevin Nolan manager with K.D as assistant)
There are a LOT of picks in between Kevin Davies and Mourinho. You're not justifying why you'd appoint Davies over someone with actual experience who has demonstrated an ability to do the job successfully. We have absolutely no idea if KD has any of the skills or qualities needed. It doesn't make any sense to appoint him over a whole host of people with more experience. And like I say, KD isn't exactly the most eloquent or charismatic bloke. See what happened when Valencia appointed Gary Neville because he talked sense and had a personality....being a manager takes a very special and rare set of skills. Plucking a player out because he once played for us and took the knocks for us up front is about as ludicrous a way to appoint as you can imagine.

EVEN if you restrict yourself to former BWFC players there are people with vastly more managerial experience out there who no doubt would be interested.

Edit: And if your criteria for a manager is so low, we could just go and pick from a whole host of non league managers who've been more successful than Davies. In fact we could just get one who has failed, because that would be the same....
If there was a "Like" button, I would like this post. For the record, I agree with this post. :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:30 pm
Perhaps interestingly, like Mourinho, Nolan's actual assistant has barely any "proper" footballing experience.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... mas-753635
Pep has had an Olympic gold medalist water-polo player on his staff at Barca, Bayern and City. No football background at all.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Wed May 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:14 pm
Perhaps interestingly, like Mourinho, Nolan's actual assistant has barely any "proper" footballing experience.

Pep has had an Olympic gold medalist water-polo player on his staff at Barca, Bayern and City. No football background at all.
Interesting, do you know in what capacity/role?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Managers have to be given a chance to get experience, otherwise you'd never get off the Coleman, McCarthy, Allen, Coyle roundabout.

Pretty much every international appointment is a punt. Heck, any appointment is a punt. You can probably count on one hand someone who's been a success everywhere they've been.

I don't know SKD either but if he interviewed well and has the right ideas - why not?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 02, 2018 5:35 pm

enrdentw wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:17 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Interesting, do you know in what capacity/role?
"Head of Player Support and Protocol"

Basically, he's just his mate and confidante and probably the only person Pep will allow to pull him to one side and talk to him on a personal level. As he's a bit of an arrogant f*cker by all accounts
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Think he also acts as a go-between for Guardiola on how to man-manage different players based on their personalities.

A sort of... Pep psychologist.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:49 pm
Think he also acts as a go-between for Guardiola on how to man-manage different players based on their personalities.

A sort of... Pep psychologist.
No, he's not. Read something on him a while back - He's basically just the club grass

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Yeah but my joke doesn't work then so...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 02, 2018 5:58 pm

I missed it anyway.....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Yes. Phil Parkinson should be sacked.
It now looks like that opinion is in the majority.
(cue all the irritating posts querying who can take over whilst being available, knowledgeable, cheaper, skilled, etc fxcking cetera)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm
Yes. Phil Parkinson should be sacked.
It now looks like that opinion is in the majority.
(cue all the irritating posts querying who can take over whilst being available, knowledgeable, cheaper, skilled, etc fxcking cetera)
On a forum? Who'd a thought it?!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Thu May 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Lol - everyone's well snarky on here atm. Can't imagine the vibes much better down the 'bok. Sunday's gonna get messy whatever the hell happens (dons tin foil superhero outfit), weirdly looking forward to it now (and all the no doubt heavy goss that's been going on behind the scenes the last 2 months. Good luck spotty btw

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Aye, good luck Spots amongst it all.... :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 04, 2018 1:53 pm

...cheers chaps.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 pm

After all that, for me he gets a stay of execution, although a poor start next season and I will be definitely be on the "out" bandwagon.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Behave. feck all money, embargo, players sold from under him. He's done a tremndous job.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Without wishing to close down discussion, I humbly suggest we leave the reckoning until tomorrow and enjoy the day

(for the record, voting currently 53% Yes 47% No)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:41 pm
Behave. feck all money, embargo, players sold from under him. He's done a tremndous job.
This.

After Burton I was ready to let him go but he's done everything that was asked of him and more. Got us up and kept us up after all the financial shenanigans. Remarkable.

Today will be the last day I question his team selections too *. A bold move but it worked.

*well, until early August

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Keep and give him the chance he's never really had, after spending a few bob on players for next season. Mind you, he may not want to stay after the abuse he's had. .