Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:10 am

Went to see Geoff Norcott at The Comedy Store last night. So refreshing to have see comedian who breaks from the endless dirge of 'oh so trendy' tedious left wing soapbox types.
May the bridges I burn light your way

AkselVerg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AkselVerg » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:51 am

This evening I fly to Scotland! I'll drink lot`s of Scotch whiskey and buy Kilt. :mrgreen:
I plan to visit many bars, vacation is not infinite.
bestadvisor - is my second Name

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 am

Last night to Leith Depot to see three bands, two sharing the same personnel but swapping instruments between acts which was quite fascinating.

It's the best little venue in Edinburgh located in one of Leith's few art deco buildings. It's real asset to the community not just for the music however its very existence is under threat. If Leith Depot's landlord, a property developer, has its way it'll be demolished to make way for a six storey block of yet more %^@#ing student flats.

We're battling to stop them (which is one of the reason's I've not been on here much recently).

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-leith-walk

Donations gratefully accepted!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 25, 2018 2:07 pm

Up to Edinburgh for the weekend.

I know everywhere looks good in the sun, but feck me the East Coast main line through Northumberland and the borders is pretty.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:07 pm

I know everywhere looks good in the sun, but feck me the East Coast main line through Northumberland and the borders is pretty.
The what????? Sun???
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri May 25, 2018 7:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:30 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:07 pm

The what????? Sun???
It's positively Mediterranean up here at the mo and I'm a fair bit north of Edinburgh :D

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 am
Last night to Leith Depot to see three bands, two sharing the same personnel but swapping instruments between acts which was quite fascinating.

It's the best little venue in Edinburgh located in one of Leith's few art deco buildings. It's real asset to the community not just for the music however its very existence is under threat. If Leith Depot's landlord, a property developer, has its way it'll be demolished to make way for a six storey block of yet more %^@#ing student flats.

We're battling to stop them (which is one of the reason's I've not been on here much recently).

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-leith-walk

Donations gratefully accepted!
http://www.justforculture.com/music/rev ... -june-2018

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 pm

I'm taking fish & chips round my boy's place for a catch-up.

Funny that after all these years, not to mention me being a pensioner and all, I'm still fu*king paying!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Not tonight, but today. Went with the wife to see Bolton's new and vastly expensive Egyptology, Art and Museum exhibition. Doffing the cap to the organisers and designers for something really professional and special. A really fantastic display of exhibits (world class in the Egyptology area), art, photography and a superb collection of art, artefacts, souvenirs photographs and memories based around Old Bolton . Famous sons, like Samuel Crompton, Nat and Fred Dibnah have all been given a polish and update and in the art gallery there is works by Thomas Moran, too many old masters to mention and a J.M.W Turner watercolour with two small portraits by Andy Warhol. Kids have been catered for in an enaction area where they can dress up and be ancient Egyptians and the whole thing (for once) is a credit to the town council. (I don't often say that). My daughter took two great grandkids in last week and they absolutely loved it. If you have kids to amuse one day, you could do a lot worse. To just go yourself is well worthwhile. Recommended.

Called in the Olympus for lunch to round it off. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am

Went to see Grace Petrie at The Met last night. Accepting that most of her stuff is written whilst on her feminist, lesbian, left wing soapbox, she's an absolutely superb singer / songwriter who's incredibly entertaining and has a razor sharp wit. Will definitely go to see her again.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:48 am

Got a freebie to see Metallica at Th'Etihad last night. Somewhat heavier than my normal bag but an excellent gig from a band who've clearly been doing this for decades. Must've cost a bloody fortune to stage (though I'm sure the profits will have been ample). A proper good do.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:48 am
Got a freebie to see Metallica at Th'Etihad last night. Somewhat heavier than my normal bag but an excellent gig from a band who've clearly been doing this for decades. Must've cost a bloody fortune to stage (though I'm sure the profits will have been ample). A proper good do.
I saw them a few years ago, only went to keep a mate company, certainly not my thing. Great night though, very polished.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm

The Lamb in Surbiton to watch Tensheds. Seen him in the Alma in Bolton and the Blues Bar in Harrogate, so begining to feel like a bit of a stalker.
Excellent performer who I think shuns the big stage, because he's certainly good enough to reach a wider audience.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:37 pm

Today actually, not tonight; we visited the munchers' mania in the town centre. The smells (okay, odours) were pretty appetising and when we got there about 11-0'clock it was pleasant to stroll around; by the time we left a couple of hours later it was manic and not a diet stall in sight, just a slurping, snuffling scoffing herd of starving, if somewhat overweight punters, wild-life, sightseers and time-wasters of international and local heritage. (why do kids eating ice creams need to take up seats outside food stalls, I know not) I did have a stroll through the art centre marquee with a mix of good mediocre and poor work on show, but that's pretty typical of anywhere. Was glad to move away and have a hot beef barm and a cuppa in a Newport Street cafe.

In fairness to the town, probably a decent day out for families with plenty going on and a mixture of noise, music and attractions, but the weather made it a roasting tin and I wasn't sorry to reach Newport Street and normality. Wife bought some essentials and I bought a new pair of slippers and a sketch pad. I'm now sitting at home debating a large mug of tea or a cold Estrella beer. Alfie is glad we're back. He couldn't cope with all that stuff. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:01 pm

^ I was there today too.

I was chuffed to see the town so busy for once. Free parking and we sampled and bought home some excellent stuff.

Minor gripes - it's not cheap! And who's idea was it to have kids karoke in the bar area near the Bolton news offices? Trying to enjoy your Thai food while a succession of chubby, tone deaf oiks screech their way through some Ed Sheeran number ain't easy!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:05 pm

Was there yesterday. As with Ironman, such events are an absolute credit to our town and the organisers. Fantastic spirit and a good day being had by all (well, nearly all, clearly ;) )

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Last night actually but Rival Sons at Brixton academy. Great live band and with excellent support from The Record Company. Support looked like a bunch of normal guys you'd find in the corner of the pub. Played upbeat bluesy Rock n roll. Rival Sons look like a hipster rock band, with all the swagger that entails, but the powerful songs and presence to carry it off. Absolutely superb night and great to finally experience a famous old venue.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 pm
Last night actually but Rival Sons at Brixton academy. Great live band and with excellent support from The Record Company. Support looked like a bunch of normal guys you'd find in the corner of the pub. Played upbeat bluesy Rock n roll. Rival Sons look like a hipster rock band, with all the swagger that entails, but the powerful songs and presence to carry it off. Absolutely superb night and great to finally experience a famous old venue.
A mate of mine was watching them in Liverpool on Saturday. Tbh I'd never heard of them. I might give them a try.

Brixton academy is great isn't it?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
A mate of mine was watching them in Liverpool on Saturday. Tbh I'd never heard of them. I might give them a try.

Memorable. In fact Adam Ant is playing next month. Fancy it? :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:05 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:19 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm
LeverEnd wrote:

Memorable. In fact Adam Ant is playing next month. Fancy it? :D
:D only if he's bringing his ex Amanda Donohoe with him!