Season Tickets 18/19

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Season Tickets 18/19

Post by clapton is god » Tue May 22, 2018 7:17 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 pm
I just read Kenny's log-in. In it he states that Lifeline members receive a 5% discount against the price of their season ticket. I didn't know this. Is the discount something I have to apply for (I auto-renew my ST) or do they factor it in? Anyone?
Automatically taken off the total for me, Bruce. In fact it comes up on the purchase screen as 'season ticket plus lifeline' or similar when I'm logged in.

I had to think long and hard before renewing this time. I retired a year early last November so times is 'ard and this was a major investment for me. I'm 65 in September this year but don't get the reduced old gimmers price until next season.

I'm in though.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 am

clapton is god wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:17 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I just read Kenny's log-in. In it he states that Lifeline members receive a 5% discount against the price of their season ticket. I didn't know this. Is the discount something I have to apply for (I auto-renew my ST) or do they factor it in? Anyone?
Automatically taken off the total for me, Bruce. In fact it comes up on the purchase screen as 'season ticket plus lifeline' or similar when I'm logged in.

I had to think long and hard before renewing this time. I retired a year early last November so times is 'ard and this was a major investment for me. I'm 65 in September this year but don't get the reduced old gimmers price until next season.

I'm in though.
Cheers, Clapton, and nice to hear from you, Fella. I thought you retired a while back but were 'keeping your hand in' as it were. :)
I'll log in and see if they've got me down for both. I'm still to meet anybody who's ever won the Lifeline :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue May 22, 2018 11:21 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 am
clapton is god wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:17 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I'm in though.
Cheers, Clapton, and nice to hear from you, Fella. I thought you retired a while back but were 'keeping your hand in' as it were. :)
I'll log in and see if they've got me down for both. I'm still to meet anybody who's ever won the Lifeline :D

Oh, I retired from that job a long while ago and I've now retired from two others too. Just doing some exam invigilation now keeping myself ticking over.

I've had 2 fifty quids off Lifeline but that's over a 20yr period.

flatcap61
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by flatcap61 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 am

hi lads,
some sage advice required please.
Been a season ticket holder at the Reebok/Macron since day one, same seat season in season out, but for family health reasons my match going will be severely restricted next season. I'm still considering buying my ST, but club loyalty/altruism only extends as far as my bank balance will allow, so am looking for some advice regarding alternatives, but its been along time since I've bought individual home match tickets.
I've seen the long line snaking around the Macron forecourt on match days, can I still order home tickets online or by phone and have them delivered to my home address ?
Can I request a specific seat if it's still available ?
finally, are the club's match day streaming services any good ?
Would appreciate any advice/information.
cheers

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:56 am

Hi flatcap

Can offer you my experience buying home tix online...

First off: very easy to do. You get a seating plan for every stand so can pick the exact seat you want - provided it's not a ST seat, of course, or hasn't already been taken. Think the admin fee for buying online is £1. Once you've bought the ticket, you can just print it off and walk right up to the turnstile on the day to get in. I haven't tried it (or looked for it), but I'm guessing you can also bring up the ticket on a smart phone to get it scanned to save the printing.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Get on the £10 tickets group on Facebook. Not available for every game but a bargain when you fancy pitching up, don't mind sitting in the north upper and no need for the long queue at 5 minutes to kick off
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:05 pm

flatcap61 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 am

I've seen the long line snaking around the Macron forecourt on match days,
Hia mate.

I despair at the sight of this collection of 4uckwits every time I see them stood in a line, that's going to take 15/20 minutes to get to the front of, five minutes before kick-off.

How much are home printers? £30?

Anyway, given that we never get anywhere near full I'd say it's a safe bet to say that you can pick and chose your games.
May the bridges I burn light your way