Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:03 am

As for transfers, I'm starting to agree with the Tall Dwarfs that nothing's gonna happen:

Nothing's going to happen
Maybe all the aunts in the world
Will sip sweetly
At their cups of tea
And almost say one word
Of anything but what they've learnt
From all the uncles
Who raise horses laughs
And hopeful stiff pricks in the general direction
Of anywhere but home

Maybe all the children in small rooms
Will fall silent
At a wall or window
And forget to breathe
For just one minute
Because of some beauty
That has not been altered, damned or pointed out
By the clumsy dark oafs that train them

nothing's going to happen
then again, all the time, every minute, never ending, unrelenting, all around us
without pausing endless endless all-peruading movement motion this way that way
tick-tock, free-fall, love-love, kiss-kiss, make, do, be, is ,was, i, me,
b, c, d, e, f, g, h,
i think nothing's going to happen
What could've happened; did.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:32 am

Until serial denier LeeAn says otherwise we're chasing the services of Brescia left back Felipe Curcio - according to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato.
The Brescia (a club owned by former Leeds United president Massimo Cellino) fullback has only played 17 Serie B games - although these were at the end of the season so seems to be a starter making the rumour seem a bit dubious... Which makes it all the more likely in my book.

I watched his highlights, tall-ish (6ft 1in) and strong-ish (80kg), takes corners, pushes foward a lot.
Decent dribbler, decent pace, don't know if he can defend but has potential.
He has a dual Brazil/Italy passport, but is contracted until 2020, so maybe on loan?

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 am

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2018/j ... morecambe/

Video of Morecombe match. Anyone familiar with the players spot anyone new?

Right at the end we had a skinhead right-winger (sounds very facist) I reckon was David Rhys George Best Cotterill?
Looked tidy, unlike the guy on our left... Noone??? Looked lazy and oblvious to positioning.

0-0 Morecombe were unlucky. One good dig by Ozzy though.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 am

KenAn: "Another locally based person, who had previously made an offer, once again showed a keen interest. However, when he supplied us his proof of funds, the documentation used was found to be fake and no further discussions will take place with this particular person or his professional advisors."

Alright, who was it?
I have my suspicions but it's better if you just admit it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:59 am

mullayo wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 am
KenAn: "Another locally based person, who had previously made an offer, once again showed a keen interest. However, when he supplied us his proof of funds, the documentation used was found to be fake and no further discussions will take place with this particular person or his professional advisors."

Alright, who was it?
I have my suspicions but it's better if you just admit it.
The King of Marbella?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am

mullayo wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:32 am
Until serial denier LeeAn says otherwise we're chasing the services of Brescia left back Felipe Curcio - according to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato.
The Brescia (a club owned by former Leeds United president Massimo Cellino) fullback has only played 17 Serie B games - although these were at the end of the season so seems to be a starter making the rumour seem a bit dubious... Which makes it all the more likely in my book.

I watched his highlights, tall-ish (6ft 1in) and strong-ish (80kg), takes corners, pushes foward a lot.
Decent dribbler, decent pace, don't know if he can defend but has potential.
He has a dual Brazil/Italy passport, but is contracted until 2020, so maybe on loan?
Never heard of him, but is apparently regarded as a decent young prospect in Italy - where you can still be a young prospect at 24. He supposedly started out as a left winger and dropped back to play left back recently. Looks like a Marcos Alonso sort of player, rather than your typical fullback.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 am

mullayo wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:45 pm
Ken's pulled out of the PFA meeting. I think we're about to go "pop".
Aldridge is still going. The "line" is that everything is already agreed and Ken needs to finish some deals. We'll see.
It's a mediation and you're one half of the problem and don't bother to show up?
Ultra rude and arrogant, saying "I'm not sorry at all and BTW I'm bigger than you and the PFA".
Players will (and should)i hate him for it. Makes their actions look much more reasonable though.
Ken appears so far up his own arse he can't be reached...
How on God's green earth can you jump to that - frankly ridiculous - conclusion???
I'm in no way defending the actions that got to having to hold a meeting in the first place, but can we all just remember that we don't actually know what went on, who was right, who was wrong etc.
I think some of us on here are very quick at blaming KA without knowing any of the facts (I I don't know them either, and equally I have no connection to KA other than him being the owner of my supported team).

The facts are - as I think we know them:
- there was a dispute / lack of communication / call it what you will between the club (KA) and some of the players
- a meeting was called to resolve this between the players / the club / the PFA
- in the meantime - and hopefully - KA and his advisors are in the process of trying to secure investment to the club
- also in the meantime, we are hopefully also trying to bring in new players
- Paul Aldridge is acting in a consultancy role on behalf of the club - effectively part of the senior management team, so is more than capable of attending the players meeting, particularly if they knew that the solution they were going to offer woudl be acceptable to all involved
- judging by the statement, the issue has now been resolved

Simples.......

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:22 am

Charlie Wyke apparently went off "injured" the other day. Bradford fans around here aren't having it and are pretty mad about it. They had a similar thing happen with Wells before he went to Huddersfield and Wyke is getting some abuse now.

Looks like we are now at the stage where this window could go either way. On the one side we're linked with Wyke, Teixeira, Curcio etc who are all good prospects in their early/mid twenties. Then reality hits we have a load of 30+ Championship journeyman players on trial.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am

Never heard of him, but is apparently regarded as a decent young prospect in Italy - where you can still be a young prospect at 24. He supposedly started out as a left winger and dropped back to play left back recently. Looks like a Marcos Alonso sort of player, rather than your typical fullback.
Little quicker, little less gangly but a little less refined as well. Play him as a winger again if he can't defend - although he puts in a couple of effective tackles at the end of the clip. Covers both positions. Any defensive wherewithal whatsoever will make him better than Noone.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:22 am
Charlie Wyke apparently went off "injured" the other day. Bradford fans around here aren't having it and are pretty mad about it. They had a similar thing happen with Wells before he went to Huddersfield and Wyke is getting some abuse now.

Looks like we are now at the stage where this window could go either way. On the one side we're linked with Wyke, Teixeira, Curcio etc who are all good prospects in their early/mid twenties. Then reality hits we have a load of 30+ Championship journeyman players on trial.
Wyke was injured a fair bit last season too. Now he has a knee injury that has re-occurred during pre-season twice.

I'm sensing that it might not be the coup that many think it would be.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:22 am
A) Charlie Wyke apparently went off "injured" the other day. Bradford fans around here aren't having it and are pretty mad about it. They had a similar thing happen with Wells before he went to Huddersfield and Wyke is getting some abuse now.

B) Looks like we are now at the stage where this window could go either way. On the one side we're linked with Wyke, Teixeira, Curcio etc who are all good prospects in their early/mid twenties. Then reality hits we have a load of 30+ Championship journeyman players on trial.
A) Bit back at some fan on twitter. Claiming he is injured and only half fit, Which sounds ominous. I think Ken's 6 figure sum is $100,001 so we won't be getting him.

B) It's going to go Cotterill (Yay!), Sam Walker (Yay!), Jack Hobbs (Meh), Gary O'Neill (WTF!)

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:35 am

mullayo wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am

A) Bit back at some fan on twitter. Claiming he is injured and only half fit, Which sounds ominous. I think Ken's 6 figure sum is $100,001 so we won't be getting him.
Again, how do you jump to this conclusion?
Sunderland have reportedly put in a £600k bid - why then is it so obvious that KA has put in only £100k.
And we don't even know who KA has bid for yet, let alone how much?

I have nothing particularly for or against KA, other than hoping he has the club's best interest at heart (whether this is to make money out of it or for the love of it, but I don't care which), but some of the suggestions on here about what he's doing or not doing are ridiculous!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:45 am

David Cotterill of 4 years ago might be a "yay", but I'd be very "meh" about him now. Walker and Hobbs might be handy signings, hard to know unless you see them in training and get the medical assessment on Hobbs. O'Neil depends on whether he's the only midfielder coming in or not.

We're not going to stay up unless we get a good striker in and sort out the defence. If nobody comes in this week we will be getting on towards a crisis point. We will be two weeks to kick off on Saturday and we are nowhere near ready.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 am

Coz he's a chancing spiv running us for nearly £1m while the club goes down the swanny.

You can add to your facts that he hasn't paid them what they're owed when they're owed it.

Also, who is Sam Walker?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 am
Also, who is Sam Walker?
Colchester's goalkeeper for the last few years (player of the year last season, I think) who is training with us and is on a free. 25, formerly of Chelsea's youth team.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:55 am

Jack Hobbs. Is he that American with the dog?
May the bridges I burn light your way

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:55 am
Nah, the cricketer that played for England in the inter-war period. Never played football before, but he's younger than O'Neil.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:55 am
Lichaj? Same team.
Left back that Stuart Holden tried to bribe with a case of Budwiesser to join Bolton... Ken only offered a six-pack and LeeAn denied any interest.

Hobbs former Liverpool centreback 29. Turns slower than the Titanic/Wheevers but alright at everything else. It's telling that Parky praised his character and communication skills not his footballing

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Next name on the roll, Yanic Wildschut - the stories linking him to us are all presumably using the same source, because they've all misspelt his name the same say. Norwich paid 7mil for him and he flopped. Went on loan to Cardiff and didn't play. Presumably, if we really want him, would be a loan. Was good for Wigan.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:24 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:18 pm
Next name on the roll, Yanic Wildschut - the stories linking him to us are all presumably using the same source, because they've all misspelt his name the same say. Norwich paid 7mil for him and he flopped. Went on loan to Cardiff and didn't play. Presumably, if we really want him, would be a loan. Was good for Wigan.
Are you excited or not? Out of 10?

Put the following left wings in order of desirability: Buckley, Cotterill, Curica, CYL, Diego Capel, Joao Tex, Noone, Wildchut .

I'd go CYL, Curica, Joao, Cotterill, Buckley,Wildchut, Capel, Noone,