BWFC Social Media

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

BWFC Social Media

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Is it populated by absolute melons who couldn’t count to 5 or am I just getting old and grumpy?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: BWFC Social Media

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:46 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:34 pm
Is it populated by absolute melons who couldn’t count to 5 or am I just getting old and grumpy?
I'm increasingly impressed with it, they're doing a decent job. (Notwithstanding that "being irked at social media" is the new "police are getting younger" age-barometer :D )

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Sorry not the actual stuff coming out of the club but the fans who comment on it. I made the mistake of reading the Facebook comments on the post about Le Fondre. Absolute nob jockeys, eg one calling Parkinson ‘Patheticson’ so I clicked on his picture and it’s a fully grown adult male who looked in his 40’s!!! Just one example!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 pm

You might be getting old and grumpy but you are correct in that it's full of notrights

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm

It’s a cesspool of absolute thickos. Not worth bothering with.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:46 pm
I'm increasingly impressed with it, they're doing a decent job
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm
It’s a cesspool of absolute thickos. Not worth bothering with.
Hmmm....

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 pm

The current social media and comms lot are all inexperienced and thus they're learning as they go. Makes sense that they'll get better over time and the fact they're younger than most in the role means they're more open to new ideas. If Emma can take the good stuff she learnt under the previous lot and get rid of the baggage, she'll do very well. She works hard and she's very enthusiastic about her job.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 pm
The current social media and comms lot are all inexperienced and thus they're learning as they go. Makes sense that they'll get better over time and the fact they're younger than most in the role means they're more open to new ideas. If Emma can take the good stuff she learnt under the previous lot and get rid of the baggage, she'll do very well. She works hard and she's very enthusiastic about her job.
He’s talking about the general BWFC following who post on twitter. Not the clubs staff who do a good job in sometimes trying circumstances!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 pm
He’s talking about the general BWFC following who post on twitter. Not the clubs staff who do a good job in sometimes trying circumstances!
Yeah, but the conversation shifted for a moment to the staff side and I thought I'd throw my tuppence into the mix.

In any group of football fans at any time, you're going to have a good percentage of total wankers. It's just what it is. The "school of hard knocks" and "university of life" tend not to teach data analysis and critical thinking. Luckily, there are lots of pleasant and reasonable folk too. Those are the people who make following the sport so much fun and they outnumber the goons. Throw in the internet making everyone a bit of a bellend and it is what it is.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 am

Generally reflects my thoughts on such media more widely. Facebook is full of divs, there's a lovely pocket of funny folk on Twitter if you find the right corner.

I hear that @Irnpru chap is great. Wouldn't bother with: @geoffmoss @neilturner83 @garyparkinson or @yermangokwan though.

@mofgimmers from back in the day is good too. Found a few good BWFC focused accounts through Boris to be fair, the sad nonce.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:07 pm

It's worth remembering that just because an individual's drivel appeals, or makes sense, to oneself, it doesn't necessarily make it any more valid than some other wanker's drivel.

Knowing everything about everything .....

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Enoch wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:07 pm
It's worth remembering that just because an individual's drivel appeals, or makes sense, to oneself, it doesn't necessarily make it any more valid than some other wanker's drivel.

Knowing everything about everything .....
True enough.