Racism in English Football

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

htfc_m
Hopeful
Hopeful

Racism in English Football

Post by htfc_m » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season

LSM

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Racism in English Football

Post by mullayo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 am

htfc_m wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Hi everyone,
I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

LSM
I don't think you should have called it "surveymonkey" sounds a bit skewed to me.
What could've happened; did.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:40 pm

htfc_m wrote:
Hi everyone,

LSM
Any rise in racism only occurs amongst those who already have it to start with. Racism isn't a national condition but a personal one and it isn't confined to football fans. Once a knob-head etc...The internet is a just somwhere they can meet their relations. "Oh, the brave music of a distant drum" as Omar Khayyam said.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:56 pm

htfc_m wrote:
Hi everyone,

LSM
What a bunch of highly biased questions... trying to fit facts to a theory.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

htfc_m
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by htfc_m » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:56 pm
htfc_m wrote:
Hi everyone,

LSM
Okay.

Thanks for your well informed input.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:31 pm

I personally haven't heard any racist comments in years whether home games or away. Everyone has an opinion but to express that opinion regarding racial issues remains silent.

When Bolton played at Burnden Park I always recall the visit of Blackpool, I can't remember the Blackpool lads name but a large proportion of those stood in the corner of the Burnden Terrace used disgusting racist chants aimed at this lad. I'm sure a few older end will remember,

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:11 am

htfc_m wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
htfc_m wrote:
Hi everyone,

LSM
Okay.

Stick around for more from the pre-eminent leopard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:11 am
htfc_m wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
htfc_m wrote:
Hi everyone,

LSM
Okay.

So. How can I put this...
True scientific research does all it can to eliminate research bias; that is, it tends to tackle whatever innate bias the researcher might enter into the experiment. Now, I realise this isn't an experiment, merely a questionnaire, but fxck me, you'd expect a little less of the desired outcomes showing themselves in the questions.
But then again, maybe you wouldn't: you don't strike me as somebody who would.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:15 pm
Dr Hotdog wrote:
htfc_m wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
htfc_m wrote:
Hi everyone,

LSM
Okay.

True scientific research does all it can to eliminate research bias; that is, it tends to tackle whatever innate bias the researcher might enter into the experiment. Now, I realise this isn't an experiment, merely a questionnaire, but fxck me, you'd expect a little less of the desired outcomes showing themselves in the questions.
It depends on a) what you are trying to do. Prove something. Measure something. Or simply survey something.

And b) on what methodology you are using.

The research question isn’t really defined. You certainly cannot solely use any survey to answer the suggested question the OP included. But a mixed methods approach could include a survey.

Given the suggested causation of racism in football is linked to social media I wish anyone looking to come close to proving that good luck. If you want to merely see if people believe that to be the case though, a survey could show that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:15 pm
Dr Hotdog wrote:
htfc_m wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
htfc_m wrote:
Hi everyone,

LSM
Okay.

It depends on a) what you are trying to do. Prove something. Measure something. Or simply survey something.

And b) on what methodology you are using.

The research question isn’t really defined. You certainly cannot solely use any survey to answer the suggested question the OP included. But a mixed methods approach could include a survey.

Given the suggested causation of racism in football is linked to social media I wish anyone looking to come close to proving that good luck. If you want to merely see if people believe that to be the case though, a survey could show that.
I'm presuming here that you haven't "taken the survey", otherwise you'd know which of the two scenarios above the OP is intent upon.
(for your benefit I shall repeat myself: Trying To Fit Facts To A Theory).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Thought is the one thing people rarely part with. Word can be heard, deed can be seen, thought is between you and God.(if you believe in God, if not between you and yourself.) Who's going to state openly what they really believe and claim it as anything but a personal opinion? ? Surveys prove absolutely nothing at all as they are just that, purely opinions. Amongst the finest brains in the land opinions differ. The term "Racism" is a convenient focus to hang opinions on. If it exists in football it's because it exists outside it. What does it mean? A thief, robber, mugger, rapist, paedophile doesn't have his ancestors as his reasons for his/her crimes, but even in prison they can vote. A half-wit is a half wit wherever he was born: Deli, Dubrovnic or Darcy Lever. To base anything on an opinion poll is pointless. Take Parliament, the government and the voting system that puts them in power, the classic example of a survey not being worth a carrot. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?