Carpe Diem....Versus Derby County at the Unibol, Sat 29th Sept.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Carpe Diem....Versus Derby County at the Unibol, Sat 29th Sept.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Well, since we play at the University of Bolton Stadium, might as well "seize the day" early. :wink:
Will playing the Manc numbskulls tomorrow have any effect on Derby's state of play against us on Saturday? They may well play their ground staff XI ...and then again, they might get carried away on the optimism express and go for it. Either way, I reckon we have to see it as a positive for our game. I'd love to think we might be singing "Gaudeamus Igitur" come Saturday tea time. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Carpe Diem....Versus Derby County at the Unibol, Sat 29th Sept.

Post by Enoch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:18 pm

You got some new tech, TANGO?

2-1 BWFC.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:18 pm
You got some new tech, TANGO?

2-1 BWFC.
It's my new Uni-speak Enoch....got to be up with our status... :lol:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Yes Derby's midweek game against Lampard's old mentor Mourinho, may cause them problems. He will surely want his team to give a good account of themselves, meaning some of their better players will play, and they will be forced to work hard against better players. This is why the Championship is so difficult, and why experienced managers tend to do better. No games for two weeks, then five games in 14 days for Derby. Big test for Lampard to see if he can manage his squad effectively through this period. If he can't we might be the beneficiaries.

We have had a number of difficulties, on and off the pitch. But in line with the latin theme, the town motto is "Super Moras", and overcoming difficulties is somewhat second nature to us. Therefore a compelling 2-1 win. Hoorah.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:13 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:40 pm

...... But in line with the latin theme, the town motto is "Super Moras"........
Nah - he left at the end of last season. we'll have to rely on our current players for this one! :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:52 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:13 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

...... But in line with the latin theme, the town motto is "Super Moras"........
Nah - he left at the end of last season. we'll have to rely on our current players for this one! :D
:lol:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:44 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:13 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

#applause :)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Yep, nothing to fear there at all #yikes

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:16 pm

Hope tonight has worn them out.

Shame they did not have to do extra time
What goes around may still come around

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:20 am

We'll get battered.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:29 am

Jugs wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:20 am
We'll get battered.
I'm thinking we'll need a totally different strategy for this one. Lampard himself was never afraid to take it to the opposition and I can see Derby doing just that. I reckon they'll try to make us play a totally defensive game and keep us penned; not a hard task on past form. Unless Ken sorts the latest signing nonsense out we won't have Dyer available and with Wilson banned it could be just a bit tough. We'll no doubt see soon enough. I live in hope, but a point here will be quite precious I think.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Well, I know I’ve been calling for us to attack at home, but this isn’t the game for that.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Parkinson has a bit of a moan when teams have extra rest days or more rest days than us if we play midweek etc and regularly comments that it can affect performances - However, I suspect it wont have any effect on Derby....I cant see anything other than a heavy loss 3-0 or 3-1 Derby.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 pm

:cry: I was hoping we could get a point from them on Saturday, until I watched them last night. Gulp! I will be hoping we wont come away with a load of yellow cards or even reds...mind you I think we will be chasing shadows :help: :help:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:55 pm

twilight wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 pm
:cry: I was hoping we could get a point from them on Saturday, until I watched them last night. Gulp! I will be hoping we wont come away with a load of yellow cards or even reds...mind you I think we will be chasing shadows :help: :help:
You just never know Twighlight. Remember the times we had Arsene Wenger pulling his hair out and kicking water bottles about "xxxxing Bolton!" after expecting to walk all over us....funny old game.. :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 pm

The weekend after Rioch's Wanderers held Liverpool at home (having been 2-0 up) they lost 3-1 at West Brom... weekend after they won at Arsenal they lost 2-0 at (heh) Derby... then immediately beat Villa in the next round, then immediately lost at Stoke...

There's definitely the possibility of After The Lord Mayor's Show. But yes, they'll be on a high, and they have better players than us, and we're hobbled by having the world's worst manager, apparently.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:19 pm
Parkinson has a bit of a moan when teams have extra rest days or more rest days than us if we play midweek etc and regularly comments that it can affect performances - However, I suspect it wont have any effect on Derby....I cant see anything other than a heavy loss 3-0 or 3-1 Derby.

It will. It's just unlikely to be big enough to make up for them having an infinitely superior squad of players.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me if we beat them in a shock result. Equally wouldn’t surprise if they did us 3 or 4 nil.

Just never know. Maybe a home game that suits us playing as we do away. Try and nick stuff from breaks and set pieces. Certainly pressing Derby would be disastrous with their pace in midfield.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:37 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Yes Derby's midweek game against Lampard's old mentor Mourinho, may cause them problems. He will surely want his team to give a good account of themselves, meaning some of their better players will play, and they will be forced to work hard against better players. This is why the Championship is so difficult, and why experienced managers tend to do better. No games for two weeks, then five games in 14 days for Derby. Big test for Lampard to see if he can manage his squad effectively through this period. If he can't we might be the beneficiaries.

We have had a number of difficulties, on and off the pitch. But in line with the latin theme, the town motto is "Super Moras", and overcoming difficulties is somewhat second nature to us. Therefore a compelling 2-1 win. Hoorah.
*Snort*
:roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Take heart, my fellow Wanderers. Nothing ever in football is an absolute:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... es-sevilla
Pfffft.